Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I have no horse in this race

Nor a Barbarian in the this battle... I do not play on Thelanis. I was new when Wayfinder was rolled back, I DID take advantage of those buffs to try something else that was new, and enjoyed the welcome that community gave. My "main" at the time was 10ish, it is now 26, and I have more than a few server unlocks, and am very unlikely to head to Thelanis for any reason. I'm aware of this due to occasionally hitting the "New Post" button over the last two months.

Asking for compensation after a day or two? I might consider that a bit tacky, depending on the circumstances and/or severity of the issue. After TWO MONTHS? I hope that those that call Thelanis home, are given a bit of joy to make up for something that would make anything other than generic solo or overpowered zerging painful. ANYTHING that requires coordination? Something as simple as hitting 3 levers at the same time... strikes me as nigh on impossible.

Does Thelanis deserve the exact same buffs that Wayfinder got not that long ago? Maybe, maybe not. Something tailored to make up for the inability to work together? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    But openly asking upfront to me is petty.
    Yes, how petty asking for a 50% pot or something after 2 months of no chat in a game I pay for. /s

You know that it's 100% free for them to just hand out an exp pot or some ****. It's been 2months and we've had maybe 3 dev replies when the server is nigh unplayable in pugs.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Hey, guys, something you might want to try, I decided to flush my dns and do an ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew and after a short time loading in when I started the game (~ 2 minutes) my guild chat started working again on BOTH of my machines--after weeks and weeks of not coming up at all, ever. My party chat was working also. I then exited the game and restarted the game and it took about 3-4 minutes and the connection to the chat server was reestablished and I could see the chat on both accounts again.

I've been exiting the game and going back in several times and it's been 100% consistent thus far that it takes around 4 minutes for the chat server to establish a connection on both my accounts.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 10-07-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Community Member

Maybe, but when its done as a 1st or second post in reply, then I call that low.

As for you showing up out of the blue to rebut me? What else is new?
    You can call it whatever you wish, but the point is, if SSG had any semblance of customer empathy, nobody would need to ask for it in the first place.

Stuff like this falls squarely into the "Shouldn't have to ask for it in the first place, but due to SSG's lack of caring, we do."
    Last edited by LT218; 10-07-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Default Time to Pony UP SSG

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am happy to report that we have (finally) made progress on identifying the cause of this issue, and will be working on a fix. Hopefully that will resolve the issue, and we'll get it into the next available patch.
    Two things

first - this was posted on DDO Thelanis Facebook group and it appears to work / be a work around - for privacy issues I'm not going to post the individuals name but they do have my thanks

I did this with the DDO client loaded and an alt logged in - first confirmed that there was no functional communications. After running these steps, chat's were restored in about 3-4 minutes including voice, party, private and guild chats.

1. Open up a command prompt (you can search Windows for cmd and it should pop right up)
    2. ipconfig /flushdns
    3. ipconfig /release
    4. ipconfig /renew

second - what is SSG going to do to compensate players who've been paying for a broken service for 3 months? Chat's may seem to be a low priority - however to many the ability to communicate is what makes DDO better - not having that integral part of the game working is something that must be addressed.
    Last edited by lunaticcat; 10-07-2020 at 10:34 PM.
    Archangels (Thelanis)
    Ravaclese | Harvesterr | Garrret | Barrith | Kaduceus | Rhyythms | Empti | Onanka | Nukkuls| Nemisys | Syckness | Wheredhego

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    You can call it whatever you wish, but the point is, if SSG had any semblance of customer empathy, nobody would need to ask for it in the first place.

Stuff like this falls squarely into the "Shouldn't have to ask for it in the first place, but due to SSG's lack of caring, we do."

Thelanis is my " home" server, I play almost everyday. I personally have been affected as much as anyone. But when players feel that they are "entitled" and pine away basically demanding compensation, well that's just a low blow.

You can try and justify your stance all day long. It won't change my view on calling out SSG less than 5 minutes of them posting related information.

I pay for my sub, I spend $ in the store, and we've lost some good friends on Thelanis over this as they left the game. And for that outcome there is no compensation offered by anyone. That being said, I really don't care if we get compensated. A few shinies won't bring those players back.

So, if anyone has a "right" to be upset, it's me. But I won't pull a low class call out demanding compensation.

Now its time to use my fav forum feature, "unsubscribe".

Thelanis is my " home" server, I play almost everyday. I personally have been affected as much as anyone. But when players feel that they are "entitled" and pine away basically demanding compensation, well that's just a low blow.

You can try and justify your stance all day long. It won't change my view on calling out SSG less than 5 minutes of them posting related information.

I pay for my sub, I spend $ in the store, and we've lost some good friends on Thelanis over this as they left the game. And for that outcome there is no compensation offered by anyone. That being said, I really don't care if we get compensated. A few shinies won't bring those players back.

So, if anyone has a "right" to be upset, it's me. But I won't pull a low class call out demanding compensation.

Ah yes. Can't be like those poor peasants begging for scraps. Can't go as low as asking for services paid for to be functional. So "low class", they're all criminals and scum those poor people. I don't care about a few shinies, I don't even bother picking up a $10 bill off the street. /s

Get a grip, and stop licking ssg's you know what. Or perhaps you just wanna show how much richer you are than anyone "low class". The snobbery is, frankly, insane. And I've never seen such classism online before.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am happy to report that we have (finally) made progress on identifying the cause of this issue, and will be working on a fix. Hopefully that will resolve the issue, and we'll get it into the next available patch.
    Yay! Good job guys! I was playing Night Revels yesterday, and when I teamed up with two separate people, the party chat worked both times.
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Community Member

Cool story. You're definitely entitled to your opinion, just as others are entitled to their opinion that customers should be compensated when a product they pay for doesn't work as advertised for months at a time. Ditto regarding your opinion of it being 'low' just as other people are entitled to their opinion that your outlook on it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    Cool story. You're definitely entitled to your opinion, just as others are entitled to their opinion that customers should be compensated when a product they pay for doesn't work as advertised for months at a time. Ditto regarding your opinion of it being 'low' just as other people are entitled to their opinion that your outlook on it makes no sense.
    I'm of the opinion that you need to compensate me IMMEDIATELY for exposing me to your horrible entitled attitude.

Cash only.

You might want to save up, everyone else who's ever been exposed to you is going to start demanding the same shortly, since you've stated it's your opinion that they're entitled to it, because YOU certainly aren't working as advertised.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I'm of the opinion that you need to compensate me IMMEDIATELY for exposing me to your horrible entitled attitude.

Cash only.

You might want to save up, everyone else who's ever been exposed to you is going to start demanding the same shortly, since you've stated it's your opinion that they're entitled to it, because YOU certainly aren't working as advertised.
    You are most definitely entitled to it.

You have paid me $0.00 to-date for services rendered, so please accept my humble apologies and this $0.00 refund for your inconvenience and as a gesture of my goodwill.

If you would like to join the LT218 VIP Warm and Fuzzy Posting program, I offer 1-month, 3-month, 6-month and 12-month subscription plans for $14.99, $29.97, $59.94, and $99.99.

For a limited time only, I'm offering a a $299 two-year season pass to the first 1000 customers. This will include a daily "make LT218 stop posting for 2 hours" voucher.

As an added bonus, for no additional charge, I will show some actual empathy for my customers and publicly acknowledge responsibility for any intermittent shortcomings of the advertised subscription.
    Last edited by LT218; 10-11-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticcat View Post
    second - what is SSG going to do to compensate players who've been paying for a broken service for 3 months? Chat's may seem to be a low priority - however to many the ability to communicate is what makes DDO better - not having that integral part of the game working is something that must be addressed.
    Compensation... several steps involved...

First, determine the approximate % of the game that you use chat. It's far from 100%, since you don't use it all the time - not while running around, not while fighting, not while messing w/ your bank or tweaking the alt, not while crafting, , etc etc. And a lot of the time you do use it is not technically "game related" - that's subjective, but also a factor.

Then, for those times that you would use it, determine the approximate % that "no chat" diminishes the game. Again, this is demonstrably far from 100%, since it doesn't "prevent" the main part of the game, only augments it, and many, many others are questing without it, and even communicating w/ work-arounds.

Now, multiply the 1st % x the 2nd % x the money you've paid, and take that amount, and shove it up a random orifice, because you agreed to when you agreed to the Terms of Service, which says (in part)...

6. Sales Policy
    ... You hereby agree not to assert and/or bring any cause of action (or) any claim for the loss of any "value" ... arising out of and/or related to any acts or omissions of Daybreak...

Daybreak does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any Daybreak Game(s)... and may... modify, disable, suspend and/or remove ... any portion thereof, including... computer code... methods of operation, documentation, in-game chat transcripts... and client and server side software...

7.1. While playing, streaming, or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:
    ...Interfere with, degrade, harm or disrupt the operation of any Daybreak Game(s)...

o https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Stuff happens - learn to live with and accept that annoying fact of life, because you're not going to change it by stamping your little foot and holding your breath until you turn blue. If anyone deserves "compensation", it's the forum moderators listening to this incessant, whiny, self-entitled drivel, because by claiming such you have just broken the User Agreement.

You don't like it, go find something better - it's really just that simple. Me, I'm sticking around.

/out

So did ssg fix something on their end or is it something all the players have to do on their end in command prompt?
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

The problem regarding the Chat Channels not connecting on Thelanis is still persistent and its intermittent when those 'Chat' channels and the 'Friends Lists' decide to function.

From reading Cocomajobo's vague and confusing statements; I get the impression they attempted to fix the issue. Or at least they believed they had made some progress?

It's a bit hard to tell since they couldn't be bothered to give a clear statement (or response to honest queries) other than try "re-log", which of course is not the solution. Should you like to try and decipher Cocomajobo's last post on the subject feel free to read: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518599. I have the feeling they believe that they 'completely fixed' the "issue", but I'm not a mind reader.

Default BRING BACK THE COVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (please?)

For me, the only thing that would make DDO the perfect game was if the brought back Crystal Cove (as others I know would also agree). I'm not a full-on gamer, so I'm not really effected by some of the in-game bugs.

Default bump

News? Because I still get locked out of chat every time I log. When will this patch be? Tired of this.

Titus (Orien)
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

They already patched it. Did you try doing a DNS flush? It's been working perfectly for me for over a week now.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

The problem regarding the Chat Channels not connecting on Thelanis is still persistent and it's intermittent when those 'Chat' channels and the 'Friends Lists' decide to function. I course I've done things flush the DNS prior, etc.

Even today I had it occur on the Hardcore server. However that resolved faster than the usual 5-minutes or more it usually takes when it fails to load. Although the reason it may have reconnected within 30-seconds might have been because there were only about 3 people on the server.

Sunday, on Thelanis it was particularly bad for me. Earlier on today it seemed mostly reliable at loading Chat first time around 08:00 UTC. By 19:00 UTC it was up its usual tricks of not loading the majority of times. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a lot of logic as to when it'll succeed or fail to connect correctly. Hot swapping Characters can cause it to fail to connect to the chat server normally and not other times, etc. There are at least two things going on causing these issues one of them is how they've (mis)configured the Thelanis Chat channels, etc. All that is constant; is that I can just about guarantee it'll fail to load on a daily basis. :-)

Community Manager

I'm trying to get a better sense of how many people are still experiencing chat and friends list issues on Thelanis and the other game worlds. Please PM this info to me rather than post it here:

Character name:
    Server:
    Are all of your characters affected equally?:
    Are you unable to see chat?
    Are you unable to post chat?
    Are you able to see your friends list?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

This has improved for me. I rarely have problems anymore.
    Thank you.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast