Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wongar View Post
    Hence why I suggested the cosmetics carrying a small buff.
    Then they are not cosmetics, by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wongar View Post
    What's wrong with a little compromise? Dev time is important and needs to be divided to keep as many players happy as possible. I was in the camp of people who left because there was nothing left to chase, it's not a threat from most but more of a reality of moving on once something is completed. I think it is worth exploring if there is something that can be easily done to remove that feeling of being done.
    Can this be easily done? How many people are really going to benefit?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    What that irritating buzzing noise on every post in the forums. Oh its Noko , welcome back mate.
    Why do you prefer personal attacks to reasoned argument?
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rastallin View Post
    Most people on Khyber know i put a massive effort in this game to help new players, pugs etc..
    Have you asked them or are is this just another thing you "know"?
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    Can this be easily done? How many people are really going to benefit?
    Cosmetics with buffs on have been done before so I don't expect it would be that hard to implement again. As for how many it would benefit my best guess is at the moment somewhere between 5 & 10% of the playerbase but over time that number will increase a lot. The bigger question though would be how many would actually take a reset of their RP's to take advantage of this if it was implemented and there I expect the answer would be significantly less.

The fact is though it would give an avenue for those that do feel the need to have something to chase, it would be reasonably easy to implement and once the 1st players started Reaper TRing those that have to have the absolute maximum to feel superior would more than likely follow suit. It wouldn't be for everyone but I would go as far as to say even those on the forums that are currently shouting the idea down would not be far behind the few that just want the cosmetic for bragging rights once they got back up to R10 standard with even the smallest buff. If SSG implemented the idea of increasing buffs for multiple reaper TR's I would fully expect the reaper dynamic to change within a year to how fast can someone get back to 156 RP's.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Why do you prefer personal attacks to reasoned argument?
    Because he has no argument?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weemadarthur View Post
    Cosmetics with buffs on have been done before
    Then they are not cosmetics. Cosmetics have no effect on gameplay. Zero. That is what defines them. Anniversary cloaks, HCL helms and more.

What you are suggesting is another version of the "small buff" reward that others have raised. Your variant is better than the others, IMO, but it is not a cosmetic and I feel that you are couching it in that terminology to make it seem more palatable.

so I don't expect it would be that hard to implement again.
    But we don't know that. It may actually be even harder to implement, becasue now you are looking at not only a buff to assign, RXP to alter but also items to be crafted by the graphix team. This sounds like more work than the +1hp every 200k reaper suggestion, for example.

As for how many it would benefit my best guess is at the moment somewhere between 5 & 10% of the playerbase but over time that number will increase a lot. The bigger question though would be how many would actually take a reset of their RP's to take advantage of this if it was implemented and there I expect the answer would be significantly less.
    Ergo, a system that will be used by "significantly less" than your guesstimate of 5-10% of the player base (which I think is waaaay too high.)

You're not selling it.

Community Member

Then they are not cosmetics. Cosmetics have no effect on gameplay. Zero. That is what defines them. Anniversary cloaks, HCL helms and more.

What you are suggesting is another version of the "small buff" reward that others have raised. Your variant is better than the others, IMO, but it is not a cosmetic and I feel that you are couching it in that terminology to make it seem more palatable.

But we don't know that. It may actually be even harder to implement, becasue now you are looking at not only a buff to assign, RXP to alter but also items to be crafted by the graphix team. This sounds like more work than the +1hp every 200k reaper suggestion, for example.

Ergo, a system that will be used by "significantly less" than your guesstimate of 5-10% of the player base (which I think is waaaay too high.)

You're not selling it.
    Disagree with the 1st part as to me a cosmetic is anything that goes in the cosmetic slot to override the appearance of an item. A lot of games (including this one) have had cosmetic items that also enable small buffs. That though is just my opinion just as yours is yours. Both may be right or both may be wrong but either way it makes no difference to the actual point :P.

as to the 2nd part I didn't claim it would definitely be easy but said as it has already been done I expect its not that hard to implement again. As items already exist utilizing the same function it makes sense that the coding would only have to be slightly modified to fit this criteria. By the same argument though how do you know that +1hp every 200 RP's would be easier to code?

for the 3rd point 5-10% I would hazard as a rough estimate of players nearing 156 RP by the time this went live if they started work on it today (rounded to nearest 5% for convenience). I would guess 10% of that group would give this a go. I may be a little out there but I don't feel by a huge margin. I will however say its a best guess so treat it as just that. you may disagree but you could be just as wrong.

Lastly really not trying to sell it. If you read through this thread and go through my posts you will realize I'm pretty much anti this whole idea. This however is imo the best option I've seen posted so far. I find it unlikely it would make many happy but it would at least be tolerable for most. I'm just trying to use it as a baseline for common ground. At the end of the day though no matter what we think the devs will do what they think is best and I find it unlikely that anything said here will go any further. There is always that small chance it might though so with that vain hope in mind its worth putting opinions forward just in case.

quick edit just to add that my original idea was to have a title with a small buff. That was shot down but apparently a cosmetic with a small buff is perfectly fine to the person doing the shooting lol. I personally see no difference but if it makes others happier I don't feel it would be much more work. As I said before though the type and size of the buff I think could keep this argument going forever :P
    Last edited by Weemadarthur; 10-22-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    LOL, of cause you would sign up for a total removal of reaper points for a cosmetic crown. Cause it doesn't concern you due to the fact the you will never reach 156 reaper points. We can't be blamed for your self imposed 82 point reaper cap or your play style Slarden. You won't understand stand until burst past that quarter mark and strive for excellence. When you get to 156 come let me know your ready for your cosmetic crown trade in, because before that moment your only assuming you know the effort involved to reach the 156 mark and its worth. You can do it, I have faith.
    You keep repeating this same falsehood over and over. If your point has any validity you would not need to continue to falsely claim I stopped earning reaper points at 82 lol especially after I corrected you on that numerous times.

As I said I WILL take the cosmetic reward and reset my RXP to 0 if they offer that rare cosmetic. I am not suggesting a reward because I wouldn't earn or take it - I am suggesting a reward that greatly appeals to me and I would definitely take it.

What I am not doing is coming here asking for more power because I think the reaper system is already heavily rewarded and no more power is needed.

LOL dude go back read what he said (and has said since) and try and understand. He had 3 toons with 82 points in the 1st 18 months of reaper being released. They have a lot more points by now I'm sure. He has already corrected you on this at least once. That 82 points on 3 toons was a long long time ago.

As for the cosmetic crown option I agree in not having a cloak so as to keep it separate from HC cloaks but I honestly think if you expect more than a handful of people to reset their entire RP count some small buff at least would have to be in order. The next argument though will be how big a buff would warrant resetting all reaper progress.

Looking at it long term I would go for a low but exclusive buff for a reset at 156 but make it so you could accumulate it multiple times. So for example using the +5 prr/mrr I suggested earlier (not saying this should be what the benefit gives just using it for example purposes) 1st TR would give the +5 base then each subsequent TR would double that bonus. With a cap of say 5 TR's that would keep most of the hardcore R10 players busy for at least a few years. The bonus ofc would have to be up for debate and to be honest I wouldn't object to a stacking +2 stat bonus (like completionist feats and/or reaper helm bonuses) for anyone that managed the herculean feat of getting the 5th TR.
    On second thought a very small buff and cosmetic with a reset of RXP is a good idea for people that are power-motivated.

Your idea is the best I've seen because you could keep doing it over and over and the PRR/MRR curve makes the gains significant and yet with diminishing returns (at the least the way I look at it - others have their own viewpoint). There needs to be a super meaningful sacrifice to get a reward for something that is the highest achievement in the game. You nailed it.
    Last edited by slarden; 10-22-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Your idea is the best I've seen because you could keep doing it over and over and the PRR/MRR curve makes the gains significant and yet with diminishing returns (at the least the way I look at it - others have their own viewpoint). There needs to be a super meaningful sacrifice to get a reward for something that is the highest achievement in the game. You nailed it.
    Credit should go to Wongar for this as its his idea that this is based off of. I just incorporated it with my previous idea to give a slightly different version. I wouldn't be opposed to his idea though of the same item being buffed by reaper points starting at 200 and increasing every 50 for a 10% of level buff if the reset TR system was too big a bone of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    It makes no sense to harm those who have less (reducing their survival and competence) to please those who have more by adding another tree. People have to understand that in a system where there are no methods so that new players and alts can cut distances in a reasonable time with the most veteran, there has to be a limit in grind.

So I say to the whiners: in the current situation, if you have already completed your main, congratulations. Start a new alt. Do you think it is too hard to start a new alt from scratch, that the road is too long? Well, congratulations too: so you just understood what 90% of the players of this game feel. If you feel like the road isn't that long and hard, stop complaining, and start building your new alt.

People have to stop being so selfish and stop thinking only about their main. There are other players, there are other alts. And if SSG really wants an infinite progression of power, then before further increasing it they have to think of mechanisms to help alts (start moving to bta systems) and new players (because no, they can't hope to retain new players with these abysses of power)

The first is the first. SSG, decide how you want your game to be, and then design accordingly. Either put a reasonable limit to the progression of a character, or create an infinite progression but with systems to help those who are left behind or start late or slow. But it can't just be to please the four people who have an uber character and leave everyone else in the mud.
    Loved this post.

Anyone who is capped, or near capped, on their reaper tree, and is completely put off by the concept of levelling alts through the reaper tree from scratch because of the time/grind involved is gaining an insight into what the concept of expanding this tree to be longer and give more is to most of us. If they are processing that realization is another matter.

And yet, there already exists a cosmetic hat with buff.

Community Member

/necro
    If I can read the dev tracker, you can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastallin View Post
    Reaper was the best thing they have done in this game, love it. Extend the point system up to 200 or 300 points.
    More rewards more power creep please. If people dont want to play reaper don't.
    But for some of us, this is the only reason we play. Btw Chacka this has been raised a few times in various posts. No comment from Devs yet.
    100% agree and signed

14. 04-04-2023, 07:05 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    And yet, there already exists a cosmetic hat with buff.
    Then it isn't a genuine cosmetic item, by definition.

If SSG classes it as such, they are trying to redefine an established term in gaming. It's their game, they can write whatever nonsense they like, but it doesn't make it true.

Community Member DoctorOfLiterature's Avatar

A cosmetic cannot replace the hard earned reaper point power. No thanks. No interest in cosmetics.

As for new players, I have been playing 2.5 years and my main has 93 reaper points. I started an alt on Sarlona about six weeks ago and on his first life he had 28 reaper points and was joining R10s and holding his own. Reaper points are not holding new players back.

If the intent is to help new players do the following:
    1. Improve the pre-made character builds.
    2. Find a way to consolidate servers without lag so more lfms exist.
    3. Make it easier to port directly to group/quest when you join Lfm.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122