Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default So dear developers what will happen to the reaper APs past 156 points?

I keep forgetting to ask this question but I wonder if you plan to extend the reaper enhancement system and if, by which numbers?
    Already a while ago we saw a player on the forum who announced his achievement for 200 reapers APs the question is does that make any sense?
    Do you plan to suddenly introduce a hard cap for the APs like Turbine did it back in the days for the normal exp before they raised the level cap?
    Will such a player lose the archived additional 44 (and maybe now even more) reaper APs?
    And if you dont plan to introduce an extension of the 156 APs we can currently actually use is it not overdue to implement an hard cap to not make players do senseless things?
    I'm meanwhile on Chacka at 148 APs so slowly these questions also get for me interesting.
    And of course, if someone from SSG brought already light to it maybe another player can enlight me what is planned with reaper APs past 156?

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    And of course, if someone from SSG brought already light to it maybe another player can enlight me what is planned with reaper APs past 156?
    Virtual bragging rights for those who care about such things. Kinda like the bios where people list # of reincarnations beyond the 3x for everything. It does nothing for me, but I'm sure there's some people that get grins out of being able to say some huge reaper AP # just for the sake of being able to talk about.

I really hope that SSG is not planning to expand the reaper trees further, although from what I have seen I would not wonder if they made that mistake. If you have reached the maximum number of points, start a new alt. The last thing this game needs is to expand the grind (and the powerful rewards) by character.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    I really hope that SSG is not planning to expand the reaper trees further, although from what I have seen I would not wonder if they made that mistake. If you have reached the maximum number of points, start a new alt. The last thing this game needs is to expand the grind (and the powerful rewards) by character.
    This^. Totally agreed.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I agree.

We have another discussion concerning alt characters and one of the items that comes up is an alt is behind in past lives and reaper xp and therefor is not as good as...

One way to help people return to alts is to not keep expanding the gap between starting out and "have it all"

Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Default Reaper Mistake IMHO

This is my point of view of Reaper. It has evolved over time. I don't expect everyone to agree.

I was all for a "DM Mode" that later became the Reaper mode. People wanted a harder level above Elite, and I supported that. But I suggested that if there was a points reward that it would not change general play. I expected rewards to be visual like the wings they did get, nothing more. Sadly, the decision was made to put in a tree that only powered up Reaper. Now, if you have reaper points of any value, it is easier to run R1s than it is to run Elites.

I tried playing high level Reaper with some amazing players. The fact was that without the number of points in the tree they had, I was more of a weight on them than a benefit and so I left.

If there was a way to do it, I would suggest the removal of the reaper tree. Sadly that will not happen as so many have spent lots of time and money. They are right to feel the way they do, but it used to be that there were 2 classes of players, normal and Epic. That was deemed bad. When the level cap changed the two semi merged and that was good. Reaper undid that. Now you have people that run to 20, people that run to 30... then Reaper divides it more. R1, R3, R5, R7+.

We don't have the player numbers for that kind of divisions. There is not a good answer. Server merged into one? Still, when numbers wain the issue returns. And the likely server merge? The issue of guild moves and shared banks may prevent that from ever happening.

I have avoided ranting on Reaper for a long time because I have friends that are still active just for Reaper, but Reaper hurt more than it helped as it was implemented.

I run low level Reaper... again because that is what others want to run... because it is easier than Elite now.

/end-rant
    Last edited by Marten; 09-27-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Virtual bragging rights for those who care about such things. Kinda like the bios where people list # of reincarnations beyond the 3x for everything. It does nothing for me, but I'm sure there's some people that get grins out of being able to say some huge reaper AP # just for the sake of being able to talk about.
    Exactly this.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

No offense op, not too many people care.

Get rid of the points and trees if you want a challenge. Otherwise reaper is the root of moar power creep we don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Fun if people see bragging where not bragging is, this is just only a valid question because some players invest even real-life money to achieve reaper points (for exp potions).
    Not to mention that they invest their playing time which is worth no less than your playing time.
    And I dont want to waste my playtime and I also dont like it if others waste their playing time for no reason, so I ask this question, that's all.

Honestly, for me, it would be no surprise when the reaper AP system extends when we get a level cap increase but this is not the question here.
    If the reaper APs not extend Isn't it fair to keep players in the dark?
    Again, some players have even many more reaper APs than me and I'm a bit worried they did all this aditional playing for nothing.
    And of course I would like to know if it makes sense for me to aqire more reaper APs.
    I also suspect that the non existent hardcap is more a kind of a mistake that demands a correction and I want to make the developers aware of that problem even if this is already quite late.

Community Member

Agree. There are many things they should look at, but adding more to reaper beyond 156 is not one.

The otto box shenanigans that went on should be reason enough not to add more rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    Agree. There are many things they should look at, but adding more to reaper beyond 156 is not one.

The otto box shenanigans that went on should be reason enough not to add more rewards.
    I wonder if you dont understand the meaning of my question, especially if they dont want to add anything beyond 156 reaper Action points SSG should act before even more players invest their playtime for nothing.

Community Member

Reaper was the best thing they have done in this game, love it. Extend the point system up to 200 or 300 points.
    More rewards more power creep please. If people dont want to play reaper don't.
    But for some of us, this is the only reason we play. Btw Chacka this has been raised a few times in various posts. No comment from Devs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastallin View Post
    Reaper was the best thing they have done in this game, love it. Extend the point system up to 200 or 300 points.
    More rewards more power creep please. If people dont want to play reaper don't.
    But for some of us, this is the only reason we play. Btw Chacka this has been raised a few times in various posts. No comment from Devs yet.
    Hmm, I read this forum relatively frequently and I have never read any player asked this question, just only the post from a player he achieved already 200 reaper APs made me think the developers should say something.
    If the developers dont want to unveil any secret plans then they should at least drop a statement that everything is alright with the nonexistent cap and they have plans.
    I dont know if I'm just special because I think the current situation here is very unsatisfying.

Fun if people see bragging where not bragging is, this is just only a valid question because some players invest even real-life money to achieve reaper points (for exp potions).
    Not to mention that they invest their playing time which is worth no less than your playing time.
    And I dont want to waste my playtime and I also dont like it if others waste their playing time for no reason, so I ask this question, that's all.
    I think it is a valid question. For anyone at that point, they just want to know if there will be something down the road. I can see why you ask.

One thing though, the players are not investing their time, and they are not investing their money. They are spending their time and money. Come on man, there is no value at the end of this digital world aside from the people you meet, and the enjoyment you've had playing a game. Invest what?
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    No offense op, not too many people care.

Get rid of the points and trees if you want a challenge. Otherwise reaper is the root of moar power creep we don't need.
    Yeah agreed. I never understood the logic of how Reaper was set up.

Its an enhanced-challenge mode....where you can earn so many bonuses that it becomes less challenging than the content that was so easy that you needed to add an enhanced-challenge mode.

Oh and then some of those bonuses apply OUTSIDE of Reaper mode, making that already-too-easy extant content even more trivial...

Like it accomplished the exact opposite of what it was supposedly created for. Get rid of Reaper trees entirely, make Reaper points only about unlocking cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Like it accomplished the exact opposite of what it was supposedly created for.
    It makes money. It makes people TR, making more money, so they can get first time bonus's's's $$$, and buy pots, making more money.... That's what it was created for. Not anything good, just short term gain, money now, long term lifed of game thought about maybe later...

Community Member

And if you dont plan to introduce an extension of the 156 APs we can currently actually use is it not overdue to implement an hard cap to not make players do senseless things?
    I mean it gives ppl something to continue working on, so I wouldn't call it senseless as much as continuing to give them a purpose in playing if they've settled on a "final build" and have all their gear and whatnot. Assuming they don't find it fun to just run in lfms or something.

Community Member

I wonder if you dont understand the meaning of my question, especially if they dont want to add anything beyond 156 reaper Action points SSG should act before even more players invest their playtime for nothing.
    I wonder if you don't understand who I was responding to as you are acting like I was responding to your post instead of what is quoted in my response.

What you are asking for Chaka_ddo is up to SSG but there is no benefit for them to commit to anything unless they already know. I decided to respond to what I consider the more important topic.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    There are many things they should look at, but adding more to reaper beyond 156 is not one.
    why isnt it one? there are people who have them all and some close to all.
    asking if there is any plans regarding reaper points or even if a new tree
    might be added. these are valid questions and just because you dont want
    to see something shouldnt mean others have to suffer, does not there play
    time mean as much as yours?

your friend sil

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast