DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default DDOCast 610 - U47 Preview 2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz***K1fe60

http://www.ddocast.com/2020/08/ddoca...u47-preview-2/

Producer's Note: The web address for this episode contains a particular 3 letter string that is being censored by the forums, so the usual video embed isnt working. We are working on a fix.

Axel, Vooduspyce & Propane return to the show this week as we take an in depth look at Update 47 Preview 2 that was on Lamannia!

Have thoughts on this show, ideas for round table topics, questions you’d like us to answer, or topics you’d like to see us debate? Leave us a comment, send us an email (ddocast@gmail.com) or give us a tweet (@ddocast)!

Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, archives, and more!

Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our Patreon page! We use these gifts to support the show and give out prizes.

Game News - 2:56
    Community News - 13:00
    U47 Preview 2 - 17:30

Watch shows live at twitch.tv/ddocast

DDO Chronicle 394
    U47 Preview 2 Release Notes
    Shifter Preview
    Iconic Razorclaw Shifter Preview
    Feydark Illusionist Preview
    U47 Loot
    Last edited by pjstechie; 08-31-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Systems Designer

Interesting point about the name changes of the legendary items - I usually prefer making raid items named as standalones, but it's easy enough to switch over to Legendary <heroic item name>. In the future, I'd love it if this kind of feedback could get to me via the forums, as if I hadn't randomly decided to listen to this episode I would have never known that you preferred a different name scheme.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Interesting point about the name changes of the legendary items - I usually prefer making raid items named as standalones, but it's easy enough to switch over to Legendary <heroic item name>. In the future, I'd love it if this kind of feedback could get to me via the forums, as if I hadn't randomly decided to listen to this episode I would have never known that you preferred a different name scheme.
    you dont listen to all of our episodes? ='(

I think when its very obviously the legendary version of a heroic item a call back is nice, but i dont think it necessarily needs to be Legendary <heroic item name>. I liked the Tharnes True Goggles for instance - nice mix of call back and more interesting name.
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by pjstechie View Post
    you dont listen to all of our episodes? ='(

I think when its very obviously the legendary version of a heroic item a call back is nice, but i dont think it necessarily needs to be Legendary <heroic item name>. I liked the Tharnes True Goggles for instance - nice mix of call back and more interesting name.
    Too late, already changed them back to Legendary <heroic name of item> :P

And I do try my best to read/listen to as much DDO content as I can, especially on features I am working on :) This was a fun ep to listen to, great job.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

The YouTube link is filtered by the form chat system. If you want to watch on YouTube, replace the censored characters with W.hiskey T.ango F.oxtrot or from https://www.youtube.com/user/DDOCastLIVE.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)