Default Ganak Goblinjuicer - Fighter Vanguard - Circa Late 2020

Ganak Goblinjuicer - All Dwarf - 20 Pure Fighter

What follows is my humble attempt at a Kensei/Vanguard, circa late 2020.

This build post is a living work in progress, and I am getting the barebones build up first and will work to add detail.

A Ramble of a Preamble:

True story: In beta I first rolled up Ganak, SO excited for the first D&D MMO. Life pulled me away from PNP in my mid-teens and DDO was a path to recapture a part of my youth I felt I missed. I logged in, super stoked, and after 30 seconds screen went blank. Exited, logged back in, good for 30 seconds, then screen blank again. And so on. I played for an hour this way in 30 second snippets. Bad power supply, (upgraded prior to launch), but was hooked and have played Ganak since then, now one of two characters I play (RIP Alts).

I've been a fan of the works of RA Salvatore for 30 years and counting, and even had the chance to meet Bob. Ganak has always been in the image of a Delzoun dwarf; gonna bury in like a tick on a dog. Fans will recognize the influences to the name and what this build hopes to achieve.

Since beta, Ganak has primarily been S&B, through thick and thin (lots of thin), minus a few foray's into THF. I'm lucky that through practice I've achieved some level of competency to be a contributor, and more so that many great players let me tag along.

Acknowledgements:

Cautions and Design Goals:

• This build intends to be a min/max within the concept of a furious dwarf with a dwarven axe, shield and an appetite for destruction.
    • This is not an attempt to build the best x, y or z. In fact, I expect to make improvements based off generous feedback given here.
    • I make no claims as to the effectiveness of this build as compared to other classes or playstyles.
    • I aspire to help people who may find interest in this playstyle, and hope to see them put their own personal touch and improvements.
    • This is a build intended for end game and high reaper. This build is not optimized for the leveling process.
    • This is not an easy character to play, especially from a self-healing standpoint. Saves are not great (they stink).
    • This character is not a tank, but will be mistaken for one.
    • Not a solo build.
    • This is a high tactics build, allowing crowd control on the battefield, and mitigating the fact that, well, you're not a tank.

Why Vanguard Now?

The addition of Strikethrough and changes to hand and a half weapons were a huge, huge boon to this build. The ability to hit (3) mobs with a stunning blow, then chop them all down all at once is superb.

I view this build as a combination of all styles: THF, SWF (by virtue of 15% Combat Style bonus to Melee Attack Speed) and TWF (having the passive shield bash go off once per second).

Also, as of late August 2020 per U47 Lam preview, it appears shields are getting a significant boost (Many shields have had their dice W scalar and base dice increased in epic levels) so hopefully there will be more options for dps shields than just The Legendary Best Defense.

Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . 18. . . .+8. . . .4: STR
    Dexterity . . . 10. . . .+7. . . .8: STR
    Constitution. . 20. . . .+8. . . 12: STR
    Intelligence. . 10. . . .+7. . . 16: STR
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . .+7. . . 20: STR
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . .+7. . . 24: STR
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......... . .28: STR

Commentary:
    • Outside maxing Str and Con, put the rest of the points wherever you like. 10 Int gives me the skill points I want, but could easily go 8 Int and go with 10 wis for the extra will save.

Skills:
    Max: UMD, Heal, Balance

Jump to 10 (any more is a waste)
    1 point in tumble
    I have left over points and put some more into jump and swim.

Commentary:
    • I've thought about taking intim just to grab kiting mobs, but then would need to invest in intim gear and meh.

Feats:
    1. Toughness & Stunning Blow
    2. THF
    3. Completionist
    4. Improved Shield Bash
    6. Shield Mastery & ITHF
    8. Improved Shield Mastery
    9. IC: Slash
    10. Precision
    12. WF: Slash & GTHF
    14. WS: Slash
    15. GWF: Slash
    16. Tactical Supremacy
    18. Tactical Mastery & Heavy Armor Champion
    20. GWS: Slash
    21. OC
    24. Epic Toughness
    26. PTHF
    27. Blinding Speed
    28. PTWF
    29. Dire Charge
    30. Heavy Armor Master & Scion of Arborea

Commentary:
    • I value having lots of HP, thus going against the general grain with Toughness/Epic Toughness. The combo adds 82 hp at cap. Need to be able to take some hard hits and survive.
    • Alternatives to Completionist would include Heavy Armor Combatant or Tactical Combatant. Magical Training is also one to consider for extra SP and Echoes of Power for Cocoon.
    • Of course, all (4) THF feats are a must (resulting in 170% strikethrough).
    • The level 30 selection of Heavy Armor Master (+9 PRR and MRR) is more a reflection that I didn't find any of the other epic feats to carry more benefit. Would love to hear suggestions.

Enhancements: (will flush out at a future time)

Kensei (41 points):
    • All cores (Kensei Focus: Axes)
    • Weapon Group Specialization: Axes, Extra Action Boost III, Haste Boost III
    • Weapon Group Specialization: Axes, Tactics III,
    • Weapon Group Specialization: Axes, Strength
    • Weapon Group Specialization: Axes, Strength, Liquid Courage, Strike at the Heart
    • All tier 5's

Vanguard (31 points):
    • First (5) cores
    • Shield Specialization I, Armor Training II
    • Shield Specialization II, Brutality III, Stunning Shield, Missile Shield III
    • Shield Specialization III, Fatal Bulwark, Strength, Follow Up I
    • Shield Specialization IV, Strength

Falconry (8 points):
    • Completely and only investing in Falconry for the sprint boost. How can you be a Vanguard running behind everyone??? In fact, I really believe the Vanguard tree should have an option for Sprint Boost.

Dwarf (6 points - because I have 12 racial past lives and a +1 racial tome, and then after all the above I have 1 point left over and use it for an extra Dwarven Toughness 10 hp):
    • Dwarven Toughness
    • Dwarven Constitution
    • Dwarven Weapon Training
    • Dwarven Toughness

Commentary:
    • Tier 5 Vanguard abilites do not compare to the dps boost you get from going Tier 5 Kensai. Not even close. Shield Rush is easily replaced by Dire Charge which is better.
    • If you don't need sprint boost, can invest in Stalwart Defender or racials or something else.

Epic Destiny:
    Legendary Dreadnaught

Twists:
    • Martial Hymn
    • Meld Into Darkness
    • A Dance of Flowers
    • Rejuvenation Cocoon
    • First Harmonic Chord

Gear: Coming Soon (going to evaluate once U47 hits).

Playstyle:
    • At higher reaper, while you can take a hit or two, but have to be careful and best to not have agro. I enjoy high reaper without a healer (in a group) but have to be very, very careful and strategic. Lose focus or bite off too much and you're in soul stone timeout.
    • Stun, stun, more stun, and trip. Control the battlefield. If it can be stunned, it will be stunned. Stunning Shield is awesome, and I think works on everything, and highly effective with reapers. I do try to conserve it somewhat as it's a great get out of jail free ability. Ttrip is effective depending on the mob, though not to the level of the stunning blow and shield.
    • I do not utilize any hate/incite gear, as gaining agro isn't the goal, killing stuff quickly is.

More updates to come, but wanted to get the barebones out.

And remember...the true meta of DDO is: Player > Build.

Play how you want to play, however you want to play.

Thank you for your time and look forward to feedback!
    Last edited by Ganak; 09-03-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Hello.

Looks good!

A few comments.

With all those stuns, think about Sense Weakness.

Curious about your doublestrike. I have 100% (100.xx, dont remember exactly) with Legendary Shield Mastery (US)

Sprint boost.
    Smart. Got it on my last vanguard WF past life.
    Agree with vanguard in need of a sprint boost. Maybe in place of melee power boost in future.

If no Stawart Defender, one option is Fury.
    Strong Swings and BloodBath was working with bastard swds (need test with Daxes). So you can twist Martial Hynn, Leg SM, and whatever.

On Kensei AP. Got Exotic Weapon Mastery (tier1)? Usually it's 43 AP here (if no tactics, 3x Critical mastery and 1 AP on Shattering Strike).

I hope that with the boost to the other shields damage, dont come a stealth nerf to Best Defense...

Ps. Thanks for citation.
    No fun, no $$$

Thanks Ballrus for the great questions and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrus View Post
    With all those stuns, think about Sense Weakness.
    Yes, cannot go wrong with Sense Weakness and was a tough choice. With Martial Hymn, it came down to the well rounded boosts, and 'always on' nature of it.

Curious about your doublestrike. I have 100% (100.xx, dont remember exactly) with Legendary Shield Mastery (US)
    At present moment, I am using a Legendary Bone Figurine (adds 23% doublestrike) and have an overall 93.3% doublestrike. I do need to do a gear reevaluation and will certainly be making some changes, but I will strive to keep a doublestrike item. Without the bone figurine, I am sitting at 69.42%, and like you think it's important to keep doublestrike as high as possible. While the shield bash can be very powerful, at the end of the day it's an effect that goes off once per second, and thus investment priority to the main weapon attack. A doublestrike item also allows me to not take Legendary Shield Mastery and take Meld instead. I wish I could take both.

On Kensei AP. Got Exotic Weapon Mastery (tier1)? Usually it's 43 AP here (if no tactics, 3x Critical mastery and 1 AP on Shattering Strike).
    One of the very few practical benefits to this dwarf build is don't need to take Exotic Weapon Mastery.

I hope that with the boost to the other shields damage, dont come a stealth nerf to Best Defense...
    Best Defense I think will still have the best crit profile due to Impact effect on the item, but base damage appears to favor the new VOD shield, but haven't evaluated deeply. I would love to see the Incite replaced by Impact on the new VOD shield as S&B deserves a win

Ps. Thanks for citation.
    Thank you, learned a lot from you.
    Last edited by Ganak; 08-30-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Default Feywild Gear Set

Here's a draft of my gear set after Feywild.

Thanks to Ivo and his outstanding twitch channel for taking us through some gear tetris, and I used his template.

Thanks to IllusionistPM for his awesome gear planning website: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...anning-Website

A preamble on the new Ferrocrystal Shield which is a competitor to Legendary Best Defense. At a glance, the dps is less than the Best Defense, (difference being Sov Vorpal vs quality MRR), but Ferrocrystal counts as a SUMMER set bonus item. Though, the quality MRR bonus only being a +4 is eyebrow raising as why not have it on par with other high level quality MRR bonuses? Anyway, happy with finally putting aside my Legendary Best Defense (sorry Lyn as know it has a spot in your heart).

Here is the setup as well as stats important to me and this build. This is a draft, but feeling this was the best I could do. ITS IN A RAW FORMAT SO APOLOLOGIES!!

ARMOR* - Enforcer's Plate - Fort 214, PRR 54, HAMP 85, FALSE LIFE 81 - FAMILY
    GOGGLE - Tharne's Goggles - TS, DECEP 18, GHOSTLY, DIVERSION - THARNE
    HELM - Crown of Butterflies - HAMP 15, MELEE POWER 10, MRR 54, Winged Allure - SPRING
    NECKLACE* - Family Recruit Sigil - TS, FORT BYPASS 33, DEADLY 17, Relentless Fury - FAMILY
    TRINKET - Heart of Suulomades - QUA CON 5, RESIST 18, Fire absorb 31, Evil Absorb 31
    CLOAK* - Cloak of Summer - Fire Absorb 50, STR 21, INS STR 10, DOUBLESTRIKE 23 - SUMMER
    BELT* - Belt of the Ram - Ram's Might, Speed 30, QUA STR 5, CON 21 - SUMMER
    RING* - Lionheart Ring - Stun 23, Action Boost, INS FORT BYPASS 16, INS CON - SUMMER
    GLOVES* - Hammerfist - INS DOUBLESTRIKE 11, CCI, INS DEADLY 8, SEEKER 21 - FAMILY
    BOOTS - Red Dragonscale - Fire Shield, Combat Mastery 17, Seeker 21, Prot 17 - SUMMER
    RING2 - Tumbleweed - INS DEX 10, ACCURACY 34, DEADLY 17
    BRACERS - Green Dragonscale - Vitality 72, INS RESIST 8, POISON RESIST 81 - AUTUMN
    SHIELD* - Ferrocrystal Shield - QUA MRR 4 - SUMMER

* = items essential to get desired set bonus's.

SET BONUS(s)

FAMILY - +15% Artifact Doublestrike, +25 Artifact Melee Power, +15% Artifact damage vs Helpless, +10% Artifact Fortification Bypass

SUMMER - 2 Pieces: +25 Artifact MRR
    3 Pieces: +25% Artifact Fortification Bypass
    4 Pieces: +5 Artifact to Tactical Abilities

STR - Cloak of Summer
    INS STR - Cloak of Summer
    QUA STR - Belt of the Ram

CON - Belt of the Ram
    INS CON - Lionheart Ring
    QUA CON - Heart of Suulomades

FORT - Enforcer's Plate
    FALSE LIFE - Enforcer's Plate
    HAMP - Enforcer's Plate
    HAMP EQUIP - Crown of Butterflies

PRR - Enforcer's Plate
    INS PRR -
    QUA PRR -

MRR - Crown of Butterflies
    INS MRR -
    QUA MRR - Ferrocrystal Shield
    ART MRR - SUMMER SET

FORT BYPASS - Family Recruit Sigil
    INS FORT BYPASS - Lionheart Ring
    QUA FORT BYPASS -
    ART FORT BYPASS - SUMMER SET

DEADLY - Family Recruit Sigil / Tumbleweed
    INS DEADLY - Hammerfist
    QUA DEADLY -

DOUBLESTRIKE - Cloak of Summer
    INS DOUBLESTRIKE - Hammerfist
    QUA DOUBLESTRIKE -
    ART DOUBLESTRIKE - FAMILY SET

SEEKER - Hammerfist / Red Dragonscale
    INS SEEKER -
    QUA SEEKER -

STUNNING - Lionheart Ring
    INS STUNNING - Red Dragonscale
    ART STUNNING - SUMMER SET

RESIST - Heart of Suulomades
    INS RESIST -
    QUA RESIST -

GHOSTLY - Tharne's Goggles
    RELENTLESS FURY - Family Recruit Sigil
    CCI - Hammerfist

ACCURACY - Tumbleweed
    INS ACCURACY -
    QUA ACCURACY -

TRUE SEEING - Family Recruit Sigil / Tharne's Goggles
    PROTECTION - Red Dragonscale

COMMENTARY:

Gear tetris is hard, yet fun.

Lots of compromise. In a good compromise, no one feels good.

Really tried to make a 7 piece summer work, but Fort Bypass was a glaring omission I just could not work in.

The Summer Raid trinket (as published on LAM) was really slanted to monks and WIS builds, and so disappointing to see this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Here's a draft of my gear set after Feywild.

Thanks to Ivo and his outstanding twitch channel for taking us through some gear tetris, and I used his template.

Thanks to IllusionistPM for his awesome gear planning website: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...anning-Website

A preamble on the new Ferrocrystal Shield which is a competitor to Legendary Best Defense. At a glance, the dps is less than the Best Defense, (difference being Sov Vorpal vs quality MRR), but Ferrocrystal counts as a SUMMER set bonus item. Though, the quality MRR bonus only being a +4 is eyebrow raising as why not have it on par with other high level quality MRR bonuses? Anyway, happy with finally putting aside my Legendary Best Defense (sorry Lyn as know it has a spot in your heart).

Here is the setup as well as stats important to me and this build. This is a draft, but feeling this was the best I could do. ITS IN A RAW FORMAT SO APOLOLOGIES!!

ARMOR* - Enforcer's Plate - Fort 214, PRR 54, HAMP 85, FALSE LIFE 81 - FAMILY
    GOGGLE - Tharne's Goggles - TS, DECEP 18, GHOSTLY, DIVERSION - THARNE
    HELM - Crown of Butterflies - HAMP 15, MELEE POWER 10, MRR 54, Winged Allure - SPRING
    NECKLACE* - Family Recruit Sigil - TS, FORT BYPASS 33, DEADLY 17, Relentless Fury - FAMILY
    TRINKET - Heart of Suulomades - QUA CON 5, RESIST 18, Fire absorb 31, Evil Absorb 31
    CLOAK* - Cloak of Summer - Fire Absorb 50, STR 21, INS STR 10, DOUBLESTRIKE 23 - SUMMER
    BELT* - Belt of the Ram - Ram's Might, Speed 30, QUA STR 5, CON 21 - SUMMER
    RING* - Lionheart Ring - Stun 23, Action Boost, INS FORT BYPASS 16, INS CON - SUMMER
    GLOVES* - Hammerfist - INS DOUBLESTRIKE 11, CCI, INS DEADLY 8, SEEKER 21 - FAMILY
    BOOTS - Red Dragonscale - Fire Shield, Combat Mastery 17, Seeker 21, Prot 17 - SUMMER
    RING2 - Tumbleweed - INS DEX 10, ACCURACY 34, DEADLY 17
    BRACERS - Green Dragonscale - Vitality 72, INS RESIST 8, POISON RESIST 81 - AUTUMN
    SHIELD* - Ferrocrystal Shield - QUA MRR 4 - SUMMER

* = items essential to get desired set bonus's.

SET BONUS(s)

FAMILY - +15% Artifact Doublestrike, +25 Artifact Melee Power, +15% Artifact damage vs Helpless, +10% Artifact Fortification Bypass

SUMMER - 2 Pieces: +25 Artifact MRR
    3 Pieces: +25% Artifact Fortification Bypass
    4 Pieces: +5 Artifact to Tactical Abilities

STR - Cloak of Summer
    INS STR - Cloak of Summer
    QUA STR - Belt of the Ram

CON - Belt of the Ram
    INS CON - Lionheart Ring
    QUA CON - Heart of Suulomades

FORT - Enforcer's Plate
    FALSE LIFE - Enforcer's Plate
    HAMP - Enforcer's Plate
    HAMP EQUIP - Crown of Butterflies

PRR - Enforcer's Plate
    INS PRR -
    QUA PRR -

MRR - Crown of Butterflies
    INS MRR -
    QUA MRR - Ferrocrystal Shield
    ART MRR - SUMMER SET

FORT BYPASS - Family Recruit Sigil
    INS FORT BYPASS - Lionheart Ring
    QUA FORT BYPASS -
    ART FORT BYPASS - SUMMER SET

DEADLY - Family Recruit Sigil / Tumbleweed
    INS DEADLY - Hammerfist
    QUA DEADLY -

DOUBLESTRIKE - Cloak of Summer
    INS DOUBLESTRIKE - Hammerfist
    QUA DOUBLESTRIKE -
    ART DOUBLESTRIKE - FAMILY SET

SEEKER - Hammerfist / Red Dragonscale
    INS SEEKER -
    QUA SEEKER -

STUNNING - Lionheart Ring
    INS STUNNING - Red Dragonscale
    ART STUNNING - SUMMER SET

RESIST - Heart of Suulomades
    INS RESIST -
    QUA RESIST -

GHOSTLY - Tharne's Goggles
    RELENTLESS FURY - Family Recruit Sigil
    CCI - Hammerfist

ACCURACY - Tumbleweed
    INS ACCURACY -
    QUA ACCURACY -

TRUE SEEING - Family Recruit Sigil / Tharne's Goggles
    PROTECTION - Red Dragonscale

COMMENTARY:

Gear tetris is hard, yet fun.

Lots of compromise. In a good compromise, no one feels good.

Really tried to make a 7 piece summer work, but Fort Bypass was a glaring omission I just could not work in.

The Summer Raid trinket (as published on LAM) was really slanted to monks and WIS builds, and so disappointing to see this.
    Any thoughts on doing a CHA-based twist of this build now that Feydark Illusionist is out? 11 points in Feydark gets you:

-CHA-to-hit and damage
    -1 stat point
    -The ability to change your damage type to Force for oozes/rust,
    -Your choice of Blur SLA, Immunity to MM or +3 to all saves
    -Greater Color Spray

I've been trying it based on the build posted in the Paladin forum and Greater Color Spray is borderline broken for soloing. DC 17 + highest of Int/Wis/Cha and the enemies are all Dazed, Blinded or Silenced for 4 spell points? Bonkers.

Since the original posting, there have been many changes to feats and the destiny system, so want to append updates in both areas.

Feats for this build today are:

Feats:
    1. Toughness & Stunning Blow
    2. THF
    3. Completionist
    4. Shield Mastery
    6. Improved Shield Bash & ITHF
    8. WF: Slash
    9. IC: Slash
    10. Improved Shield Mastery
    12. WS: Slash & GTHF
    14. GWF: Slash
    15. Tactical Mastery
    16. Greater Shield Mastery
    18. Tactical Supremacy & Precision
    20. GWS: Slash
    21. OC
    22. Perfect Shield Mastery
    24. Epic Toughness
    25. Doublestrike
    27. Blinding Speed
    28. Crush Weakness
    30. Heavy Armor Champion & Scion of Arborea

From a destiny standpoint, doing 34 points in Legendary Dreadnought into Tier 5, and 22 points into Fury of the Wild for the Tier 4 Top Dog: You gain the Improved Trip Feat.

With the T5 LD ability Sundering Swings (Creatures affected by your Improved Trip are also made Helpless). I have 4 abilities on cycle that make mobs helpless (SB, Improved Trip, Dire Charge and Stunning Shield which works on everything but red named).

About to try a very similar build when I finish my triple completionist. Curious how it performs in reaper. I've got the build rolled up in the maetrim's builder and it looks solid on paper.

For gear, if you run reaper: I recommend light armor and get your dodge as high as possible. In reaper, unless you are all in on prr, mrr, and ac, you won't benefit from heavy armor. Go light armor and you should be able to get your dodge up to mid to upper 30s if you have some reaper points and a feat swap or 2. For gear try a 7 piece summer/4 piece winter set. You'll need fey raid gear, tricket and necklace. Weps: fey DA and leg best defense.

I got fort bypass up to 100 with this gear set and precision feat and 3 piece dreadbringer filigree. For destinies T5 LD and rest in US. US helps with your defense.
    Last edited by Dalvias; 02-06-2022 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvias View Post
    About to try a very similar build when I finish my triple completionist. Curious how it performs in reaper. I've got the build rolled up in the maetrim's builder and it looks solid on paper.

For gear, if you run reaper: I recommend light armor and get your dodge as high as possible. In reaper, unless you are all in on prr, mrr, and ac, you won't benefit from heavy armor. Go light armor and you should be able to get your dodge up to mid to upper 30s if you have some reaper points and a feat swap or 2. For gear try a 7 piece summer/4 piece winter set. You'll need fey raid gear, tricket and necklace. Weps: fey DA and leg best defense.

I got fort bypass up to 100 with this gear set and precision feat and 3 piece dreadbringer filigree. For destinies T5 LD and rest in US. US helps with your defense.

Thanks so much, I would so love to see your build.

The light armor/dodge path makes so much sense as I feel in high reaper/r raids, I feel not too much better off than the ranged and casters with taking hits (I do have respectable hp for dps). In high reaper/reaper raids I feel I bring effective, respectable dps, and can take a few hits and decent survivability, but not 3/4 hits.

The UD survivability I'd be eager to evaluate and understand, as I fell in love w T5 LD, and T4 Fury for the Improved Trip and synergy with Sundering Swings (Creatures affected by your Improved Trip are also made Helpless).

What do you think about the fey DA vs the new one coming in the new hunt raid?

Thanks so much, I would so love to see your build.

The light armor/dodge path makes so much sense as I feel in high reaper/r raids, I feel not too much better off than the ranged and casters with taking hits (I do have respectable hp for dps). In high reaper/reaper raids I feel I bring effective, respectable dps, and can take a few hits and decent survivability, but not 3/4 hits.

The UD survivability I'd be eager to evaluate and understand, as I fell in love w T5 LD, and T4 Fury for the Improved Trip and synergy with Sundering Swings (Creatures affected by your Improved Trip are also made Helpless).

What do you think about the fey DA vs the new one coming in the new hunt raid?
    Thanks for the reply Ganak. If you are a lover of all things Dwarven like I am, then I suspect you to are searching for a solid Dwarven end game build that is true to form. I'm hoping there is some potential with this build, but I do realize that melee in mid to high reaper can be tough.

Here's what I'm planning on running:

A few notes, I'll have triple everything past lives, all available filigrees slots unlocked. Let me know what you think and how it compares to what your are running. I haven't tried this yet, and I'd welcome any feedback from someone who has played something similar in mid to high reaper. For playstyle I'm planning on following Strimtom's guide for tactical fighting, which is the basis for this build. Let me know if you have any questions.

Classes: 20 Fighter, 10 Epic
    Race: Dwarf · · · · · · · ·Alignment: Chaotic Good

· · ·Start Tome Final · · ·Incorp:· · 10% · · ·Displacement:· · 0%
    Str:· · 18· · 8 · ·91 · · ·HP:· · · ·3688 · · ·AC:· ·195
    Dex:· · 10· · 8 · ·63 · · ·PRR: · · · 243
    Con:· · 20· · 8 · ·82 · · ·MRR: · 105/100 · · ·+Healing Amp:· ·153
    Int:· · ·8· · 8 · ·37 · · ·Dodge: · 37/37 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · 88
    Wis:· · 10· · 8 · ·56 · · ·Fort:· · ·298% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · 88
    Cha:· · ·6· · 8 · ·36 · · ·SR:· · · · · 0 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 30
    DR:
    Immunities: Fear, Most forms of Knockdown, Blindness, Blindness, Death Effects, Falling damage, Magic Missiles

Fortitude:· · · · ·94*
    · vs Poison:· · · ·97*
    · vs Disease: · · ·95*
    Will: · · · · · · ·74
    · vs Enchantment: ·81
    · vs Illusion:· · ·80
    · vs Fear:· · · · ·74
    · vs Curse: · · · ·74
    Reflex: · · · · · ·73
    · vs Traps: · · · ·79
    · vs Spell: · · · ·86
    · vs Magic: · · · ·73
    Marked with a * is no fail on a 1 if required DC met

Class and Feat Selection
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
    1 · · Fighter(1)· · · ·Standard: Shield Mastery
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fighter Bonus: Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    2 · · Fighter(2)· · · ·Fighter Bonus: Improved Shield Bash
    3 · · Fighter(3)· · · ·Standard: Completionist
    4 · · Fighter(4)· · · ·Fighter Bonus: Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Strength: +1 Level up
    5 · · Fighter(5)· · · ·
    6 · · Fighter(6)· · · ·Standard: Dodge
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fighter Bonus: Tactical Training
    7 · · Fighter(7)· · · ·
    8 · · Fighter(8)· · · ·Fighter Bonus: Improved Shield Mastery
    9 · · Fighter(9)· · · ·Standard: Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    10· · Fighter(10) · · ·Fighter Bonus: Tactical Combatant
    11· · Fighter(11) · · ·
    12· · Fighter(12) · · ·Standard: Tactical Mastery
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fighter Bonus: Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    13· · Fighter(13) · · ·
    14· · Fighter(14) · · ·Fighter Bonus: Greater Shield Mastery
    15· · Fighter(15) · · ·Standard: Stunning Blow
    16· · Fighter(16) · · ·Fighter Bonus: Precision
    17· · Fighter(17) · · ·
    18· · Fighter(18) · · ·Standard: Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fighter Bonus: Tactical Supremacy
    19· · Fighter(19) · · ·
    20· · Fighter(20) · · ·Fighter Bonus: Mobility
    21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Overwhelming Critical
    22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Doublestrike
    23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
    24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Two Handed Fighting
    25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Perfect Two Handed Fighting
    26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
    27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Improved Two Handed Fighting
    28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Crush Weakness
    29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
    30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Greater Two Handed Fighting
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of the Astral Plane

nhancements: 80 APs, Racial 14, Universal 1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dwarf - Points spent: 17
    Core1 Toughness I
    Core2 Constitution I
    Tier1 Armor Mastery - 3 Ranks
    Core3 Toughness II
    Core4 Constitution II
    Core5 Toughness III
    Tier2 Tactics - 3 Ranks
    Tier2 Child of the Mountain - 3 Ranks
    Kensei - Points spent: 42
    Core1 Kensei Focus: Kensei Focus: Axes
    Tier1 Weapon Group Specialization I: Kensei Focus: Axes
    Tier1 Extra Action Boost - 3 Ranks
    Tier1 Action Boost: Haste Boost - 3 Ranks
    Tier2 Weapon Group Specialization II: Kensei Focus: Axes
    Core2 Spiritual Bond
    Tier2 Improved Dodge - 3 Ranks
    Core3 Strike With No Thought
    Tier3 Weapon Group Specialization III: Kensei Focus: Axes
    Tier3 Critical Mastery - 3 Ranks
    Tier3 Shattering Strike: Shattering Strike - 3 Ranks
    Tier3 Athletic Mastery - 3 Ranks
    Core4 Power Surge
    Tier4 Weapon Group Specialization IV: Kensei Focus: Axes
    Tier4 Strike at the Heart
    Tier4 Opportunity Attack
    Tier5 Deadly Strike: Deadly Strike
    Tier5 Keen Edge
    Tier5 A Good Death: A Good Death (Melee)
    Tier5 One With The Blade
    Core5 One Cut
    Tier5 Weapon Master
    Core6 Alacrity
    Vanguard - Points spent: 35
    Core1 To the Fore!
    Tier1 Shield Specialization I
    Tier1 Shield Smash - 3 Ranks
    Core2 Shield Combat I
    Tier2 Stunning Shield - 3 Ranks
    Tier2 Shield Specialization II
    Tier2 Brutality - 3 Ranks
    Tier2 Missile Shield - 3 Ranks
    Core3 Vicious Shield I
    Tier3 Fatal Bulwark
    Tier3 Follow Up - 3 Ranks
    Tier3 Ability I: +1 Strength
    Tier3 Shield Specialization III
    Core4 Shield Combat II
    Tier4 Myrmidon's Edge - 3 Ranks
    Tier4 Armor Mastery - 3 Ranks
    Tier4 Shield Charge - 3 Ranks
    Core5 Vicious Shield II

Equipped Gear Set: Standard
    Armor · · · · Chainmail of the First Snow · Drops in: U48: Feytwisted Chest
    · · · · · · · +15 Enhancement Bonus
    · · · · · · · Fortification +142%
    · · · · · · · Physical Sheltering +33
    · · · · · · · Healing Amplification +53
    · · · · · · · False Life +50
    · · · · · · · Green: +2 Sapphire of Armored Agility
    · · · · · · · Eminence of Winter
    Belt· · · · · Legendary Belt of the Ram · Drops in: U48 Quest: The Thornwrite
    · · · · · · · Ram's Might
    · · · · · · · Speed +30%
    · · · · · · · Quality Strength +3
    · · · · · · · Constitution +13
    · · · · · · · Green: +12 Sapphire of Dodge
    · · · · · · · Mythic: +1 Mythic Power Boost
    · · · · · · · Eminence of Summer
    Boots · · · · Legendary Red Dragonscale Boots · Drops in: U48 Quest: The Thornwrite
    · · · · · · · Fire Shield(Hot)
    · · · · · · · Seeker +13
    · · · · · · · Combat Mastery +10
    · · · · · · · Protection +10
    · · · · · · · Green: +20 Sapphire of Accuracy
    Bracers · · · Legendary Cold Iron Bracers · Drops in: U48 Quest: Immortality Lessons
    · · · · · · · Ghostly
    · · · · · · · Protection +10
    · · · · · · · Vitality +44
    · · · · · · · Quality False Life +12
    · · · · · · · Green: Brutal Blows
    · · · · · · · This augment will suppress any set bonus this item may have.
    · · · · · · · Eminence of Winter (Suppressed by selected augment)
    Cloak · · · · Legendary Cloak of Summer · Drops in: U48 Quest: Wake me up Inside
    · · · · · · · Fire Absorption +34%
    · · · · · · · Strength +13
    · · · · · · · Insightful Strength +6
    · · · · · · · Doublestrike +15%
    · · · · · · · Green: +12 Sapphire of Resistance
    · · · · · · · Reaper: +3 Reaper MRR
    Gloves· · · · The Prince's Gauntlet · Drops in: U48 Any Feywild Quest
    · · · · · · · Lifeblood of the Undead Prince
    · · · · · · · Constitution +14
    · · · · · · · Quality Resistance +2
    · · · · · · · Quality Sheltering +9
    · · · · · · · Blue: Sapphire of Good Luck + 3
    · · · · · · · Green: Sapphire of Greater Heroism
    · · · · · · · Yellow: Topaz of Blindness Immunity
    · · · · · · · Mythic: +1 Mythic Power Boost
    · · · · · · · Filigree 2: Dreadbringer: Melee Power(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 3: Sucker Punch/One Against Many: +2 Strength(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 4: One Against Many: Melee Power(Rare Version)
    Goggles · · · Legendary Collective Sight· ·Drops in: Quest: Blown Deadline
    · · · · · · · Quality Resistance +2
    · · · · · · · Temperance of Belief
    · · · · · · · Nearly Finished (SDCIWC): +13 Dexterity
    · · · · · · · Nearly Finished (Ins SDCIWC): +6 Insightful Dexterity
    · · · · · · · Blue: +2 Festive Constitution
    Helmet· · · · Titania's Glory · Drops in: U48: Feytwisted Chest
    · · · · · · · Crown of Summer
    · · · · · · · Extra Smites
    · · · · · · · Hallowed +13
    · · · · · · · Eternal Holy Burst
    · · · · · · · Green: Globe of True Imperial Blood
    Necklace· · · Rune Lodestone· ·Drops in: U48 Raid: The Dryad and the Demigod
    · · · · · · · Sight Beyond Sight
    · · · · · · · Eversight
    · · · · · · · Pierce Cold Iron
    · · · · · · · Spell Saves +11
    · · · · · · · Blue: Essence of the Epic Litany of the Dead
    · · · · · · · Green: +5 Diamond of Insightful Wisdom
    · · · · · · · Yellow: Topaz of Deathblock
    Ring1 · · · · Legendary Nocturne Ring · Drops in: U48 Quest: A Frosty Reception
    · · · · · · · Command +7
    · · · · · · · True Seeing
    · · · · · · · Insightful Incite +52%
    · · · · · · · Insightful Fortification +71%
    · · · · · · · Green: +32 Sapphire of Defense
    Ring2 · · · · Legendary Lionheart Ring· ·Drops in: U48 Quest: The Thornwrite
    · · · · · · · Stunning +15
    · · · · · · · Action Boost Enhancement
    · · · · · · · Insightful Armor-Piercing +9
    · · · · · · · Insightful Constitution +6
    · · · · · · · Green: +12 Diamond of Wisdom
    Trinket · · · The Changestone · Drops in: U48 Raid: Dryad and the Demigod
    · · · · · · · Changestone #1: Constitution +13
    · · · · · · · Changestone #2: Empty augment slot
    · · · · · · · Changestone #3: Deception 11
    · · · · · · · Changestone #4: Empty augment slot
    · · · · · · · Yellow: Topaz of Feather Fall
    · · · · · · · Green: +12 Sapphire of Natural Armor
    Weapon1 · · · The Obsidian Reaver · Drops in: U48 Rad: The Dryad and the Demigod feytwisted chest.
    · · · · · · · Damage and Type 5[1d10+3] + 15 Slash, Magic
    · · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 20 x3
    · · · · · · · Dripping with Magma
    · · · · · · · Keen
    · · · · · · · Armor-Piercing +21%
    · · · · · · · Flamebitten
    · · · · · · · Red: Ruby of the Crushing Wave
    · · · · · · · Orange: Deconstructor
    · · · · · · · Sentient Weapon Personality: Sentient Jewel of Whelm
    · · · · · · · Filigree 1: Prowess: Critical Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 2: Prowess: Strength(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 3: Prowess: Melee Power(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 4: Prowess: PRR(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 5: Prowess: Attack and Damage(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 6: Sucker Punch/One Against Many: +2 Strength(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 7: Dreadbringer: Tactics DC(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 8: Dreadbringer: Melee Power(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 9: One Against Many: Melee Power(Rare Version)
    · · · · · · · Filigree 10: Dreadbringer: PRR(Rare Version)
    Weapon2 · · · The Legendary Best Defense· ·Drops in: Quest: Oath of Vengeance
    · · · · · · · Damage and Type 3.5[2d10 + 10] + 15 Bludgeon, Magic
    · · · · · · · Critical Threat Range 18-20 x3
    · · · · · · · Fiery 6
    · · · · · · · Shield Bashing +20
    · · · · · · · Impact
    · · · · · · · Sovereign Vorpal
    · · · · · · · Purple: +138 Ruby of Positive Spell Power
    · · · · · · · Mythic: +4 Mythic Shield Boost
    · · · · · · · Reaper: +3 Reaper Power Boost
    · · · · · · · Adherent of the Mists Set (Legendary)

Weapon Damage
    Melee Power:· 261
    Doublestrike: 80%
    Strikethrough: 175%
    Mainhand damage ability multiplier: 1
    Offhand damage ability multiplier: 0
    Off-Hand attack Chance: 20%
    Fortification Bypass: 100%
    Dodge Bypass: 5%
    Helpless Damage bonus: 100%
    Ranged Power: 157
    Doubleshot Chance: 46%

Sneak Attack Attack bonus: 11
    Sneak Attack Damage: 0d6+20

Main Hand: The Obsidian Reaver (Centering)
    On Hit· · · · ·6.25[1D10+3]+110 ·+ 6D6 Rust + 1D6 Good
    Critical 18-18 (6.25[1D10+3]+121) * 4 ·+ 6D6 Rust + 2D10 Good
    Critical 19-20 (6.25[1D10+3]+121) * 6 ·+ 6D6 Rust + 2D10 Good
    DR Bypass: Adamantine, Cold Iron, Good, Magic, Slash
    You bypass Incorporeality miss chance with this weapon
    You bypass Concealment miss chance with this weapon

Off Hand: The Legendary Best Defense
    On Hit· · · · ·4.75[2D10+10]+55 ·+ 6D6 Fire + 1D6 Good
    Critical 15-18 (4.75[2D10+10]+114) * 4· + 6D6 Fire + 2D10 Good
    Critical 19-20 (4.75[2D10+10]+114) * 5· + 6D6 Fire + 2D10 Good
    DR Bypass: Cold Iron, Good
    You bypass Incorporeality miss chance with this weapon
    You bypass Concealment miss chance with this weapon

Epic Destinies: 40 APs + 17 permanent Destiny Points (the builder isn't calculating this correctly, should be 64 total available with all epic past lives)
    Legendary Dreadnought - Points spent: 40
    Core1 Fearless
    Tier1 Epic Tactics - 3 Ranks
    Tier1 Push Through The Line - 3 Ranks
    Tier1 Dire Attack: Dire Charge
    Tier1 Dread Mantle
    Tier2 Extra Action Boosts - 3 Ranks
    Core2 Weaponmaster
    Tier2 Combat Brute
    Core3 Thick Skinned
    Tier3 Epic Power & Precision - 3 Ranks
    Tier3 Momentum Swing
    Tier3 Strike Twice - 3 Ranks
    Tier3 Armor of Dusk - 3 Ranks
    Tier4 Lay Waste
    Tier4 Untouchable
    Tier4 Kick While They're Down - 3 Ranks
    Tier4 Strike with Fear
    Tier4 Carry On
    Tier5 Dusk Surge
    Tier5 Legendary Rally: Legendary Rally (Melee)
    Tier5 Overpower: Lacerator
    Tier5 Sundering Swings
    Draconic Incarnation - Points spent: 4
    Core1 Draconic Bloodline: Draconic Bloodline: Red
    Tier1 Dragonhide - 3 Ranks
    Unyielding Sentinel - Points spent: 13
    Core1 Unyielding
    Tier1 Epic Strike: Guard Up
    Tier1 Brace for Impact - 3 Ranks
    Core2 Ward Against Darkness
    Tier2 Shield Prowess - 3 Ranks
    Tier2 Renewal
    Tier3 Legendary Shield Mastery - 3 Ranks
    Core3 Stand Against the Tide
    Last edited by Dalvias; 02-20-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Cool thanks for posting!

Do you feel The Legendary Best Defense is a better option than the Legendary Ferrocrystal Shield?

Cool thanks for posting!

Do you feel The Legendary Best Defense is a better option than the Legendary Ferrocrystal Shield?
    It depends on what your needs are. From a pure damage standpoint Best Defense seems to be better. It has a higher damage dice (5.5) and base damage rating.

If you need Ferrocrystal for your Summer set bonus, then it's probably the better choice for you. In the build I posted it's not needed. Additionally, I don't need the extra MRR since I'm capped at 100 without it. I also have a +4 Mythic Boost +3 Reaper Boost Leg Best Defense

It depends on what your needs are. From a pure damage standpoint Best Defense seems to be better. It has a higher damage dice (5.5) and base damage rating.

If you need Ferrocrystal for your Summer set bonus, then it's probably the better choice for you. In the build I posted it's not needed. Additionally, I don't need the extra MRR since I'm capped at 100 without it. I also have a +4 Mythic Boost +3 Reaper Boost Leg Best Defense
    Nice, makes sense. I had benched Best Defense after it was nerfed, but taking a look now it's a bit more damage and the MRR isn't worth anything going light armor.

How would you evaluate the DnD Obsidian Axe vs the one dropping in the new raid?

Do you feel the Tactical Training (+2) and Tactical Combatant (+4) are necessary for R10? I take just the last two (+6 and +8) and seem to be fine. Alternate to those...Spring attack? Other Weapon Focus for the +2 MP?
    Last edited by Ganak; 02-22-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Nice, makes sense. I had benched Best Defense after it was nerfed, but taking a look now it's a bit more damage and the MRR isn't worth anything going light armor.

How would you evaluate the DnD Obsidian Axe vs the one dropping in the new

Do you feel the Tactical Training (+2) and Tactical Combatant (+4) are necessary for R10? I take just the last two (+6 and +8) and seem to be fine. Alternate to those...Spring attack? Other Weapon Focus for the +2 MP?

Just on paper Obsidian still looks slightly better. The new looks really awesome if you run an arty and pair with a force rune arm.

I really can’t say since I haven’t run R10 as a tactical fighter. This is great feedback though. If you’re saying your DCs are adequate without the extra Tactical training, then that’s awesome. Either of the feats you suggested would be good.

I finished running this build. Made some adjustments. Went with heavy armor instead of light. DCs were very good. No real problems in R10 with dire charge or stunning. Was even able to land trips occasionally. Was able to solo R6. Dps was solid and was tough enough to take a few hits in R10. Was able to tank when activating shades hood for extra dodge. Overall was a very fun and effective build. I’ll try to post some screen shots.

I finished running this build. Made some adjustments.
    Nice would like to see what you are doing, I'm super close to finishing a TR cycle back into the build.