Thread: Merge Servers?

Default Merge Servers?

I've been keeping track of the player count in DDO for a while, and white I understand one of the major appeals of this game may be its ability to be ran on almost anything, I feel like merging the servers together would help to boost the game's overall feel of active players. Is there any way this would be possible? Would it be too much for the old engine?
    ~Kal

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

One of the ideas that my TR partner (Lurea) had, was that would it be possible to implement an option where we could either quest on our own server, or join a multi-LFM.. eg: participate with other players from other servers without the need for a "server merge".

So players could be 'sourced' from Khyber, Wayfinder, Orien, etc to participate in raids + parties, and then once the raid/quest is over, the data is 'updated' back on our home servers.

It'd fill the niche that some players would have during hardcore season (ie: to find LFM's), also expand more for the new players to seek out quests that are in the non-reaper range.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    One of the ideas that my TR partner (Lurea) had, was that would it be possible to implement an option where we could either quest on our own server, or join a multi-LFM.. eg: participate with other players from other servers without the need for a "server merge".

So players could be 'sourced' from Khyber, Wayfinder, Orien, etc to participate in raids + parties, and then once the raid/quest is over, the data is 'updated' back on our home servers.

It'd fill the niche that some players would have during hardcore season (ie: to find LFM's), also expand more for the new players to seek out quests that are in the non-reaper range.
    That's also a good idea! Could keep the server pops on their own servers, but also implement a system that lets them interact with eachother for the purpose of doing content. I know names would be annoying to deal with when you apply a server merger to an old game like this with names locked to characters.
    ~Kal

Community Member

I actually think that a great ideal!

I've talked about that in one of the many times this theme came up and people got angry at me, thats how WoW does things . I feel like thats the best solution as it keeps the best of both situations. The main drawback would be the heavy load of work it would take. Much more work than just merging servers but worth.

Edit. : Noticed too late it was a necro, sorry.
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 10-07-2021 at 08:41 AM.

This has been brought up many times by many people in many forms.

The resounding answer has been... ehhh...?

A fat nothing really. An ethereal response. OOooooOOooo
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!