Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Why is Reaper made easy for Casters?

I thought casters were powerful enough, so why do they get free SP in Reaper with Lost Souls? Shouldn't they be penalized the same as everyone else?

I believe the reason is based off the following

1. Reaper increase in HP and reduction of damage output by players means DPS takes more SP to accomplish
    This can be debated with the caster builds that are more SLA focused. Instant death casters may also not be as effected.

2. They are random
    There is no guarantee you will get enough. Rougher in groups of casters or in groups that don't "share" (You know the ones where other casters barely have any SP, and the one has nearly a full bar)

There is an enormous difference between R1 and R10.

Which part of "Reaper" do you believe is easy for casters?

Melee / ranged dont run out of stamina if a fight takes longer (assuming someone heals them).
    Casters (dps, healers) do run out of sp if a fight takes longer.

In some ways the Lost Souls actually help (some) melee/ranged more than casters as a few Lost Souls will be enough for them to keep going (Cocoon, buffs etc) while the 6k+ sp caster needs loads and loads of Lost Souls if they need doubles.

So, why do Lost Souls not replenish a percentage of max sp? By not doing so they are making reaper easy for melee!
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

They arent for "casters" they are for healers so that they can keep the tank up, so really they are for melee.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Torkzed View Post
    Which part of "Reaper" do you believe is easy for casters?
    Is just caster hate in a magic world
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

Community Member

If my 2nd life flavour melee can't do r10 in his Cannith crafted gear while I occasionally AFK to get a drink (I have a life you know)
    Then your caster completionist with +8 tomes kitted out in the best gear in the game acquired after playing 4 hours a day for years shouldn't be able to do it either.
    Fair is fair
    And besides, we all know that if a caster can steamroll EE, then they can obviously do the same in R10.
    *sighs*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    I thought casters were powerful enough, so why do they get free SP in Reaper with Lost Souls? Shouldn't they be penalized the same as everyone else?
    So I assume you currently play a melee. Honestly the best melee builds own high reapers.

Also consider that your divine friends need SP to heal. And consider your hamp is reduced the higher the skulls so it takes more to heal.

Melees have infinite attacks. Casters do not. I think the comparison between ease of reaper is not as far off as you think. Any well built melee or caster can do high reaper content without a problem. And even mediocre builds low to mid reapers.