Community Member

Default Roll it Forward - New Open Guild on Wayfinder

EDIT: In the spirit of friendship and working together, and to consolidate players, Roll it Forward has merged with another guild which was started today, Lords of Death. We all agree the philosophy in this post is a good one to follow as guests on the world of Wayfinder. The only real change here is just a new name for the guild, and more players in it! Please reach out to me (Vasxera), Eggchen, or Failz if you're interested in joining this new guild, leveling with us, and helping the people of Wayfinder!

As players of Dungeons and Dragons Online, all of us have felt the unforgiving touch of the Gods of Time at one point or another.

Usually, we try to disregard their affectations, as if our disbelief will be enough to stay in their good graces. But as we all know, they are always seeking the worst moments to freeze us in front of deadly foes, rewind us back into deadly traps, or force a disconnect between our minds and bodies the exact moment before we complete our adventure. All these grievances, we have convinced ourselves, are unfortunate yet unavoidable. We prayed to the other Gods of the Realms, to keep the Gods of Time in check. For the most part, they succeeded. But not today.

Today, the elusive adventurers, known as Wayfinders, faced a direct assault by the Gods of Time, an attack so severe they have all been shunted back three weeks into the past; maintaining their memories of adventure but none of the strength or equipment they gained over all this time. This is perhaps the worst offense the Gods have ever committed against the Realms. I ask you, fellow adventurers, I beg you, let us reach out to our Wayfinder companions, and lend our help. Even though we may not know any of them directly, even though we may not have ever met a Wayfinder in person, that means nothing compared to the strength of what binds all of us together as adventurers: an unapologetic love of these Realms, their inhabitants, and all the quests that call us to action and reward our efforts with strength, glory, and friends.

This is a clarion call to all adventurers from all servers across the Realms.

We are not the helpless masses the Gods of Time would like us to be. We refuse to sit idly by and let our fellow adventurers face this assault on their own. We have the power to fight this, together.

Thus begins the legacy of our friendly and open Wayfinder guild: Roll it Forward

All are encouraged to join and help the Wayfinders find their way back to the present, and to remind them that the joys which keep them coming back to these Realms have not disappeared. It will never be the same world as it was yesterday, the Gods of Time have ensured as much. But together we can help the Wayfinders overcome this rollback and be stronger in the end. Together, we can roll it forward.

All who join should do their best to support the Wayfinders however possible. This means:
    • Put the native Wayfinder people first, in all regards. Remember your sworn duty is to support them and build them up.
    • Seek to befriend, understand, and learn more about the Wayfinders and their culture; be open-minded and accepting of their ways.
    • Offer your named items to any Wayfinder natives before otherwise claiming the items or distributing them as you see fit.
    • Allow any Wayfinder to pike a quest, if requested.
    • Always quest with an open LFM until your group is full.
    • Do not quest with a full party of non-Wayfinders. (You do not need to actively determine everyone's home Realm, but if you learn your full group has no Wayfinders, leave the group to ensure a Wayfinder might join.)
    • In the spirit of honesty and clarity, denote your Realm of Origin via your bio or surname. For example, I am Vasxera of Orien.

Hand-in-hand, working together, we may be able to restore the flame of adventuring spirit to this world. Please, adventurers, join me in this noble quest to support our companions in the Realm of Wayfinder. The Gods of the Realm have already taken measures to fight back against this grievous offense by the Gods of Time. But their work alone may not be enough - it's time we take matters into our own hands.

To join, send a /tell or a mail request to Vasxera on Wayfinder.
    Last edited by Sevans; 08-07-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Default Thisis a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
    As players of Dungeons and Dragons Online, all of us have felt the unforgiving touch of the Gods of Time at one point or another.

Usually, ....

All who join [Roll it forward] should do their best to support the Wayfinders however possible. This means:
    • Put the native Wayfinder people first, in all regards. Remember your sworn duty is to support them and build them up.
    • Seek to befriend, understand, and learn more about the Wayfinders and their culture; be open-minded and accepting of their ways.
    • Offer your named items to any Wayfinder natives before otherwise claiming the items or distributing them as you see fit.
    • Do not quest with a full party of non-Wayfinders. (You do not need to actively determine everyone's home Realm, but if you learn your full group has no Wayfinders, leave the group to ensure a Wayfinder might join.)
    • In the spirit of honesty and clarity, denote your Realm of Origin via your bio or surname. For example, I am Vasxera of Orien.

Hand-in-hand, working together, we may be able to restore the flame of adventuring spirit to this world. Please, adventurers, join me in this noble quest to support our companions in the Realm of Wayfinder. The Gods of the Realm have already taken measures to fight back against this grievous offense by the Gods of Time. But their work alone may not be enough - it's time we take matters into our own hands.

When Hardcore ends, at the end of September, people might be willing to take their best HC toon to Wayfinder....
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Default So thoughtful, thanks!

I will be contacting you as I know a few that are so disheartened.

In kindest personal regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
    EDIT: In the spirit of friendship and working together, and to consolidate players, Roll it Forward has merged with another guild which was started today, Lords of Death. We all agree the philosophy in this post is a good one to follow as guests on the world of Wayfinder. The only real change here is just a new name for the guild, and more players in it! Please reach out to me (Vasxera), Eggchen, or Failz if you're interested in joining this new guild, leveling with us, and helping the people of Wayfinder!

Usually, we try to disregard their affectations, as if our disbelief will be enough to stay in their good graces. But as we all know, they are always seeking the worst moments to freeze us in front of deadly foes, rewind us back into deadly traps, or force a disconnect between our minds and bodies the exact moment before we complete our adventure. All these grievances, we have convinced ourselves, are unfortunate yet unavoidable. We prayed to the other Gods of the Realms, to keep the Gods of Time in check. For the most part, they succeeded. But not today.

Today, the elusive adventurers, known as Wayfinders, faced a direct assault by the Gods of Time, an attack so severe they have all been shunted back three weeks into the past; maintaining their memories of adventure but none of the strength or equipment they gained over all this time. This is perhaps the worst offense the Gods have ever committed against the Realms. I ask you, fellow adventurers, I beg you, let us reach out to our Wayfinder companions, and lend our help. Even though we may not know any of them directly, even though we may not have ever met a Wayfinder in person, that means nothing compared to the strength of what binds all of us together as adventurers: an unapologetic love of these Realms, their inhabitants, and all the quests that call us to action and reward our efforts with strength, glory, and friends.

This is a clarion call to all adventurers from all servers across the Realms.

We are not the helpless masses the Gods of Time would like us to be. We refuse to sit idly by and let our fellow adventurers face this assault on their own. We have the power to fight this, together.

Thus begins the legacy of our friendly and open Wayfinder guild: Roll it Forward

All are encouraged to join and help the Wayfinders find their way back to the present, and to remind them that the joys which keep them coming back to these Realms have not disappeared. It will never be the same world as it was yesterday, the Gods of Time have ensured as much. But together we can help the Wayfinders overcome this rollback and be stronger in the end. Together, we can roll it forward.

All who join should do their best to support the Wayfinders however possible. This means:

i was thinking i have raicail trs to finish and 4 epics.
    anyone over there play between 4 am and 8 in the morning east coast and like to run r10.
    with the tragic events that occurred r10 might be a little hi r6 for speed. at cap
    just be happy power grinding 1 to 20.
    my home is Khyber. i never been anywhere else since march of 2006.
    might b fun to meet new people. i work 3rd shift reason for the weird play hours.
    if you do not mind a gimpy monk .

Community Member

So a person, if they wanted to spend the points, could transfer their character to Wayfinder for the XP bonus? If so, that would be more efficient that spending money on otto boxes. Especially if you can play like 12 hour s day 7 days a week.