Default Wayfinder is back up! ... but

I do hope that what I saw when I logged in is some aberration and not the reality of the situation. Has anyone ever lost ten (10) characters? How in the world would I ever gain back what I lost? Oh my. While I do not dread the thought of doing it all over again, the whole purpose of the end game it seems, I do hope I have not lost the desk chair efforts. Anyone have a similar experience? ... That'll teach me. Unbelievable. Absolutely incredulous. For the love of the game. Well that's one way to separate chaff and seed. I suppose the question remains will I float on to other pastures? I suppose wisdom says remain calm and make that decision tomorrow at the earliest. I'm sorry for those that lost more than I, hang in there.
    Last edited by Irksomeness; 08-07-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Default From Another Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Wayfinder experienced a significant issue during our data center work today that caused character data to be corrupted going back to the morning hours Eastern of July 15th. In order to correct this issue, we have had to roll Wayfinder back to about 7:30 AM Eastern on July 15th. This means that all character progress made since July 15th has been lost, and is not able to be restored.

We are currently working to capture and refund any points spent on character-based purchases made on Wayfinder during that time, and we will provide further information when it becomes available. That work is not expected to be completed this evening. All Account-based purchases remain intact. We will be providing more information in the coming days.

We deeply apologize to players on Wayfinder for this issue. We will be announcing make good gifts for affected players in the coming days. This is the first time in the game's history we have had to do this kind of rollback, and we intend to make sure we take steps to prevent a similar situation from happening in the future.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Irksomeness View Post
    I do hope that what I saw when I logged in is some aberration and not the reality of the situation. Has anyone ever lost ten (10) characters? How in the world would I ever gain back what I lost? Oh my. While I do not dread the thought of doing it all over again, the whole purpose of the end game it seems, I do hope I have not lost the desk chair efforts. Anyone have a similar experience?
    Sadly, all of us on wayfinder have the same experience.
    Belzidar/Chalcidar/Gakar and a few others

I feel really sorry for everyone on Wayfinder, who have lost all their items, exp or their toons. And for all who spent hard work into their toons and Guild the last weeks.

From lvl20 woodelf back to my last life lvl18 pdk ..i dont even wanna think about the lost exp, reaper exp, items and all the progress..

I hope we get more than just our store points back or another 50%exp pot. Because it doesn´t repair all the damage which happend to our Characters or Progress and the time we spent.
    At least everyone should get free Ottos Epic and Heroics/ Exp Stones, or the exp restored they lost, and something like a free +20 heart etc.
    Last edited by the_dark_one; 08-07-2020 at 03:36 AM.
    Akando, Luziel (Leader of Samurai Orien)

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_one View Post
    I feel really sorry for everyone on Wayfinder, who have lost all their items, exp or their toons. And for all who spent hard work into their toons and Guild the last weeks.

From lvl20 woodelf back to my last life lvl18 pdk ..i dont even wanna think about the lost exp, reaper exp, items and all the progress..

I hope we get more than just our store points back or another 50%exp pot. Because it doesn´t repair all the damage which happend to our Characters or Progress and the time we spent.
    At least everyone should get free Ottos Epic and Heroics/ Exp Stones, or the exp restored they lost, and something like a free +20 heart etc.
    The reckoning does not seem to be. We lost three weeks of grind and we're to make up for five (5) weeks in two (2) weeks. My math is correct as we lost three (3) weeks and given that the next two (2) weeks would have been three (3) weeks into the character we see that at the end of the next two (2) weeks we need to be five (5) weeks into the character that we restarted today. So as I stated before I don't see the freebies making it possible for me to reclaim over a month of play.

We haven't started discussing what was lost with DDO points. Sure at some point next week we'll hear something but will we get our points back next week or what? I hope they can see my purchases per character that disappeared. Once you delete a character does the server remember that character's purchases? My account purchases are cool but I lost +8 tomes on 4 characters. I can't begin to list the little things that I bought with DDO points. The 230 point cost items that I'd impulse buy. If the server doesn't remember what was spent I suppose I could get a total DDO point subtract account stuff that's still viable, subtract that which is on the current set of characters and then I'd have a rough estimate as I couldn't list the character's that was lost with their specific total spent on items purchased. How much was spent with Fred? How much did my OCD cause me to spend because I messed up and misplaced one enhancement point, or skill point, or, or, or. Overwhelming, I'll stop.

You might think having four new characters since that roll back date is weird but I try to spread wide at first and that way I don't waste any loot. You know when your wizard loots a two-hander and you just hate to sell the thing. I digress though. Chin up. No cry, no quit!

In kindest personal regards.

Oh I almost forgot the characters I have to restart won't have all the cushion and goodies they did before so the five (5) weeks in two (2) is going to be that much more difficult.
    Last edited by Irksomeness; 08-07-2020 at 04:51 PM.