Community Member

Default Double Posts Problems

I have a big problem with my chat channels in game I was hoping someone could help me with or at least advise me with.

When posting messages in general or guild chat I get double posts of my messages. I have tried to delete the windows and remake them, play around with the incoming and outgoing messages and nothing works. Oddly enough it will not double post /tells that I have with another player just the guild and general tab. Yes I tried restarting the game and rebooting my PC as well, nothing works.

Its very annoying and almost game breaking for me and I am not sure what to do about it. A guildy linked me a post about a player in Lotro that had the same issue and it was due to making same character multiple times and forces a bug on you. That I did, because I wasn't happy with my appearance, but only did it twice.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Quote Originally Posted by Insanebarb View Post
    I have a big problem with my chat channels in game I was hoping someone could help me with or at least advise me with.

When posting messages in general or guild chat I get double posts of my messages. I have tried to delete the windows and remake them, play around with the incoming and outgoing messages and nothing works. Oddly enough it will not double post /tells that I have with another player just the guild and general tab. Yes I tried restarting the game and rebooting my PC as well, nothing works.

Its very annoying and almost game breaking for me and I am not sure what to do about it. A guildy linked me a post about a player in Lotro that had the same issue and it was due to making same character multiple times and forces a bug on you. That I did, because I wasn't happy with my appearance, but only did it twice.

You did try reset the chat display in the options?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    You did try reset the chat display in the options?
    No I did not realize that was in options and nobody in game said anything of such. I already made another character though because it was too game breaking for me. Whereabouts is this option?

No I did not realize that was in options and nobody in game said anything of such. I already made another character though because it was too game breaking for me. Whereabouts is this option?

Community Member

Default Same

I had the same issue last year. I tried a bunch of things but it persisted a few days. I just lived with it for those days and then one day all fixed. Not sure if it was the time or if it was a server restart but it just went away.

Also to note i only was on one server my other toons on other servers did not do it.

Well good luck hope it fixes itself soon.