Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does Support Exist?

Tomorrow is the 2 month anniversary of my support ticket, the only reply I received was asking for further information (that i'd already supplied)

I had a 3 month VIP sub, not played the game in that 2 months as I was waiting for a reply to my ticket.

Playing a different MMO now.
    Former EU Boldrei/Keeper - Thelanis since April 2010

Wailin L20 Bard - Luglynut L20 Sorc - Cromity 12Rgr/7Pal/1Mnk - Lugnutter (Currently levelling)

Was it a bug report using SSG help form?

Or was it ingame support ticket?

Community Member

In all the years I have been playing I don't think i have ever had a useful interaction with support. I mean obviously someone gets paid to wait until I'm offline and then send me a note telling me there is nothing they can do because I am offline and close my ticket, but I would be amazed if it's more than one person. It's so predictable it might even be a program. Of course I have heard of others getting things fixed on rare occasion, so it can't all be software robots.

I love this game, but support is completely broken.

Edit: In case anyone cares about context, the last thing I tried to have fixed was the hat that comes with the pseudodragon pet but doesn't actually do anything if you apply it to that pet (it's there on his sheet, but not visible). I wanted the hat back so I could use it on a different pet. After three rounds of back and forth when I was offline, I gave up. At least on of the back and forths seemed to have a human in the loop, because they asked for all the information that was in my original request.

That was over a year ago, and these days I just don't bother. Something gets lost, screwed up, or I get stuck that's just the way it is when you play DDO. Don't bother asking for help, none will be forthcoming and the process of not getting it will be more upsetting than whatever is broken in the first place. If that means hours down the ****er, so be it. It's like hardcore in a much less proscribed way.
    Last edited by yfernbottom; 08-04-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Old MMO, but I remember Ragnarok Online had pretty good support. Then again, I only played on private servers, so they usually had a team of less than 10 (didn't play on any of the giganto private servers with 1000+ players).

This was old-school though, no instances or anything lol. So there wouldn't be much of a completion you needed help with. At worst, you'd have to wait a few hours for one to wake up if they were on the other side of the planet.

The funny thing is other than whoever owned it, no one else had any $$ invested or was getting paid or anything. They GM'd for fun because they loved the game.

Maybe SSG should look into something like that? A support GM or few per server that had very small powers, like:
    - being able to warp a character to you (if you get locked out of von6 or something)
    - change loot assignments in a chest (in case someone passed in a raid to someone that had left)
    - warp an enemy to a new spot (stuck in walls, maybe for a longer quest, not really worth it for violent delights lol)
    - etc.

And if they wanted to maybe throw you some DDO points or something for your efforts....
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    Old MMO, but I remember Ragnarok Online had pretty good support. Then again, I only played on private servers, so they usually had a team of less than 10 (didn't play on any of the giganto private servers with 1000+ players).

This was old-school though, no instances or anything lol. So there wouldn't be much of a completion you needed help with. At worst, you'd have to wait a few hours for one to wake up if they were on the other side of the planet.

The funny thing is other than whoever owned it, no one else had any $$ invested or was getting paid or anything. They GM'd for fun because they loved the game.

Maybe SSG should look into something like that? A support GM or few per server that had very small powers, like:
    - being able to warp a character to you (if you get locked out of von6 or something)
    - change loot assignments in a chest (in case someone passed in a raid to someone that had left)
    - warp an enemy to a new spot (stuck in walls, maybe for a longer quest, not really worth it for violent delights lol)
    - etc.

And if they wanted to maybe throw you some DDO points or something for your efforts....
    I don't necessarily know what the exact thing would look like for DDO, but community GMs have ups and downs. Certainly, it helps accelerate support, but it also gives people who might be biased significant authority over other players (though, of course, that can be limited somewhat depending on what responsibilities community GMs would have). There are many other problems and benefits, but I think given that SSG has had a persistent issue with support being significant poorer than most other major MMOs, I think it's worth looking at; it will be very hard for DDO to thrive in comparison to other games if the support situation keeps pushing away people.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Whats particularly strange is that despite this being a common problem, SSG has never commented on it, let alone investigated the issue. I can only recall seeing two similar cases in other games :

-Nexon NA used to be known for GMs that would leave your tickets open for months, then suddenly close it with no resolution. After they got a new CEO, he revamped the customer service department entirely and now GMs are required to answer tickets within 3 business days (they usually answer it in 1-2 business days), and added a live chat so players could talk to GMs in real time. I remember that one of those company testimonial sites had many testimonials from former Nexon NA employees stating that people would routinely come into work several hours late and fool around on the clock, so it was no surprise that no work was actually being done.

-PSO:BB, the GMs were so blatantly corrupt that hackers would post screenshots of their hacking on the official forums, and the GMs not only refused to remove the screenshots, but threatened to ban anyone who reported the forum posts.

Long standing issues like these are always caused by people not doing their job, and someone in power either covering for them or simply not caring. Sure, a lazy GM might just wait till you are offline and close your ticket, but its pretty obvious to investigate this and see what is happening, so whoever is supposed to be investigating this isnt doing his job.

My personal theory is that their GMs are outsourced to a very cheap company, and SSG does not want to switch to someone who may actually do their job, but would cost more.

Community Member

There are likely papers or documents that allude to its existence, so yes it exists.
    However, it does not exist in any manner that you would logically understand.
    They seem to actively look for ways to bail, and are very unhelpful.

My opinion, go find an old fence post and ask it for help instead.
    As it is a grimy, cruddy old fence post, your expectations will be quite low.
    This has the benefit of not generating more angst at its unresponsive behavior.

5 months further on, still no sign of receiving any support, still not playing the game. Went from a subscriber buying stuff to an uninterested player.

GG SSG
    Former EU Boldrei/Keeper - Thelanis since April 2010

Wailin L20 Bard - Luglynut L20 Sorc - Cromity 12Rgr/7Pal/1Mnk - Lugnutter (Currently levelling)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LugnutEU View Post
    5 months further on, still no sign of receiving any support, still not playing the game. Went from a subscriber buying stuff to an uninterested player.

GG SSG
    I mean...clearly not entirely interested if you're still checking in

It does suck that while the actual SSG employees do seem to sincerely want to help the players to the extent of their ability...they partner with apparently horrible companies to provide their servers and CS, and the players suffer for it.

Default No, why do you ask?

No, of course they don't, again, why do you ask?

Community Member

Whoever is in charge of their ingame support shouldn’t have that job because they obviously have no idea what’s going on around them.

Quote Originally Posted by LugnutEU View Post
    Tomorrow is the 2 month anniversary of my support ticket, the only reply I received was asking for further information (that i'd already supplied)

I had a 3 month VIP sub, not played the game in that 2 months as I was waiting for a reply to my ticket.

Playing a different MMO now.
    Simply put... no it does not exist!
    There is only someone/ something happy to take our cash when we buy DDO point bundle but that's about it!

These peoples don't give a **** so bad that you could make open threat to the president or scream out loud that you are a serial killer and they would never know because they don't care so they don't even read our messages!

Period!

X DDO QUÉBEC X

It exists, yes. Just not in an actually meaningful or helpful way, it seems. IMHO, it exists so SSG can say it exists - but it's existence alone does not mean much if complaints like this one keep happening.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    It exists, yes. Just not in an actually meaningful or helpful way, it seems. IMHO, it exists so SSG can say it exists - but it's existence alone does not mean much if complaints like this one keep happening.
    SSG's CS is so **** poor, they managed to get an F from the Better Business Bureau, which is actually pretty hard to do... https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/needham-hg...lc-0021-188406

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DerpDerply View Post
    SSG's CS is so **** poor, they managed to get an F from the Better Business Bureau, which is actually pretty hard to do... https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/needham-hg...lc-0021-188406
    I submitted a chargeback through paypal because this company is just awful. guess who won? yep. wanna know why? automatic due to no contact on the merchant , they had 10 days to respond to their services. I will say one thing, you treat customers like ass and eventually that whale blubber will dry up. shame that dupe exploits and xp exploits that i personally know of still exist 3 years after i came back. tried to get those fixed but i suspect this company just needs to shutdown so someone with actual resources can give this game the love it needs. reaper has been unplayable on high skulls due to lag , i can't in no confidence even recommend this game in it's current state.. wish I could

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smurgels View Post
    I submitted a chargeback through paypal because this company is just awful. guess who won? yep. wanna know why? automatic due to no contact on the merchant , they had 10 days to respond to their services. I will say one thing, you treat customers like ass and eventually that whale blubber will dry up. shame that dupe exploits and xp exploits that i personally know of still exist 3 years after i came back. tried to get those fixed but i suspect this company just needs to shutdown so someone with actual resources can give this game the love it needs. reaper has been unplayable on high skulls due to lag , i can't in no confidence even recommend this game in it's current state.. wish I could
    It’s almost like somebody at SSG decided to completely ignore you and hope you and your problem simply goes away.

Again, if somebody within SSG (and not Daybreak) is actually in charge of that abomination, then they shouldn’t be in that position and should be replaced with somebody or something capable of taking some kind of action. A bucket of dirty mop water could do as good a job as whoever’s currently screwing it up to the point of utter uselessness.

The last 2 days I've discovered that SSG's account recovery system doesn't function. Sends no emails to help find account names or reset passwords.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    The last 2 days I've discovered that SSG's account recovery system doesn't function. Sends no emails to help find account names or reset passwords.
    Says you are a founder too, still no help for you.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/needham-hg...stomer-reviews

That's the link from the Better Business Bureau for DDO. There is no CS in the game and hasn't been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    Says you are a founder too, still no help for you.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/needham-hg...stomer-reviews

That's the link from the Better Business Bureau for DDO. There is no CS in the game and hasn't been for years.
    I don't have a problem with my primary account, I have a tertiary mule account that I completely forgot the password to, and am trying to get access. I asked for the reset email, nothing showed up. Then out of curiosity I tried the account name recovery with the two email accounts I use, and nothing showed up there either.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I don't have a problem with my primary account, I have a tertiary mule account that I completely forgot the password to, and am trying to get access. I asked for the reset email, nothing showed up. Then out of curiosity I tried the account name recovery with the two email accounts I use, and nothing showed up there either.
    https://help.standingstonegames.com/...n-my-username-
    https://help.standingstonegames.com/...n-my-Password-

Some items to note:

• If your Username has an older email address on file that you no longer have access to, you will need to submit a ticket to our Account Support Team. Need assistance? Contact our Support Team by clicking here.
    • When contacting Account Support, fill in as much information as you can recall about the account and be sure to provide a currently valid email address for them to be able to send a reply to. In the email, please include the older email address (or addresses) you believe might be on file with the account.
    Please note the following:

• You may have to check your spam, junk or deleted folder
    • If you normally view your email via a third party editor, such as Outlook or Thunderbird, you may need to log directly into your webmail account via their website in order to receive your recovery request.
    • If you are using Google Chrome, you may not get your password reset email! Please try submitting a password reset request with Internet Explorer, Firefox, or a browser other than Google Chrome!
    I have forgotten my password and cannot access the email address associated with my account! (Old email attached to account)

Please submit a ticket to Standing Stone Games Account Support for assistance with this matter.
    When contacting them, please include as much of the following as possible:

• Last four digits of the credit card associated with the account
    • Billing address of the credit card associated with the account
    • First and last name of the credit card holder
    • 25-digit product used to create the account
    • Date of birth of account owner
    • Name of character on account
    • Name of server that the character is on
    https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast