Default Durable trapper?

What would you consider a very durable trapper for Hardcore - assuming no use of tomes and running Elite for 5000 favor?

I am thinking evasion, selfhealing, high trapping skills, immunity to magic missiles and either some source of temp hp or something with extra hp.

Maybe a gnome 1-2 rogue, 2 barb, rest alchemist. Play as Inq most of the way and possibly change to a bombardier once you have 12 alchemist.
    INT as main stat, CON as secondary.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    What would you consider a very durable trapper for Hardcore - assuming no use of tomes and running Elite for 5000 favor?

I am thinking evasion, selfhealing, high trapping skills, immunity to magic missiles and either some source of temp hp or something with extra hp.

Maybe a gnome 1-2 rogue, 2 barb, rest alchemist. Play as Inq most of the way and possibly change to a bombardier once you have 12 alchemist.

2 Arti/18 FvS - Wis based inquisitor, but put int to 14 to have just enough points to keep up trap skills. (Search and disable with leftover into open lock)
    2 Arti/12 FvS/6 Alch - Int based, Alch 4 gets you bonus feat int to hit and damage. Just need a little wis from items to cast buffs and healing.
    2 Arti/12 Ranger/6 Alch - Int based same as above, but ranged feats for free. Put extra feats into toughness, empower healing, etc..

FvS is so good for hardcore due to stout of heart giving 10hp per FvS level, plus you get Nightshield for immunity to magic missles and plenty of self heals and buffs, medium armor, etc.. Easiest is just 18 FvS(or 17 with 1 fighter lvl for heavy armor prof and 1 extra feat). Probably tankiest option but very feat starved. Problem for both is you need 19 dex for improved precise shot which isn't feasible on a 32 point build that doesn't even use dex really. Ranger 12 gives you all those feats for free, some heals and buffs and the Deepwood sniper tree to complement inquisitive. You can completely dump dex and go harper tree for int to hit/dmg until you get Alch 4. Last option by far the simplest option with extra feats to use on toughness, empower healing, etc... that is as long as you want to do ranged xbow build.

Another option is just do 2 Rog/1 Ftr/17 Fvs wis based caster version. Take just enough int to keep up trapper skills, wis for spell DCs, take metamagics and evocation feats, use heavy armor and tower shield and blast away. It's a little rough early on due to spell selection, but once you hit lvl 12 it's gravy with cometfall SLA. Empower healing with close wounds is just ridiculous for survivability. Rogue gives more skill points than arti and if you're casting you don't need runearm or xbow feats. You also can have evasion if you wish to use light armor, or just go heavy and tank any traps you can't disable. I'm doing the ranger inquisitive version just because it's so front loaded with power, but I got to 20 last league with a pure FvS caster and could easily have taken 2 rogue for traps without hurting the build.

Community Member

Solo or group build?

Quote Originally Posted by vageta311 View Post
    2 Arti/18 FvS - Wis based inquisitor, but put int to 14 to have just enough points to keep up trap skills. (Search and disable with leftover into open lock)
    2 Arti/12 FvS/6 Alch - Int based, Alch 4 gets you bonus feat int to hit and damage. Just need a little wis from items to cast buffs and healing.
    2 Arti/12 Ranger/6 Alch - Int based same as above, but ranged feats for free. Put extra feats into toughness, empower healing, etc..

FvS is so good for hardcore due to stout of heart giving 10hp per FvS level, plus you get Nightshield for immunity to magic missles and plenty of self heals and buffs, medium armor, etc.. Easiest is just 18 FvS(or 17 with 1 fighter lvl for heavy armor prof and 1 extra feat). Probably tankiest option but very feat starved. Problem for both is you need 19 dex for improved precise shot which isn't feasible on a 32 point build that doesn't even use dex really. Ranger 12 gives you all those feats for free, some heals and buffs and the Deepwood sniper tree to complement inquisitive. You can completely dump dex and go harper tree for int to hit/dmg until you get Alch 4. Last option by far the simplest option with extra feats to use on toughness, empower healing, etc... that is as long as you want to do ranged xbow build.

Another option is just do 2 Rog/1 Ftr/17 Fvs wis based caster version. Take just enough int to keep up trapper skills, wis for spell DCs, take metamagics and evocation feats, use heavy armor and tower shield and blast away. It's a little rough early on due to spell selection, but once you hit lvl 12 it's gravy with cometfall SLA. Empower healing with close wounds is just ridiculous for survivability. Rogue gives more skill points than arti and if you're casting you don't need runearm or xbow feats. You also can have evasion if you wish to use light armor, or just go heavy and tank any traps you can't disable. I'm doing the ranger inquisitive version just because it's so front loaded with power, but I got to 20 last league with a pure FvS caster and could easily have taken 2 rogue for traps without hurting the build.
    That is some really good considerations, much appreciated.

Community Member

I would definitely say the most important thing is play a class you are overly familiar with, have fun with and are comfortable playing. Trying to delve into wizard in HC when you never play wizard seems like a bad idea, for example. And playing a class you don't enjoy across 5k favor also seems like a bad idea (bard?).

On my side I play a lot of conelock, and am generally comfortable with the limitations, and strengths. You tend to not have the most HP, and I find I need to manage stanch and the temp HP buff well. But personally, I can't stand listening to or watching xbows for 20 levels, and I can't stand playing burst locks, even though they are clearly more survivable. I'm not familiar *enough* with sorcs to know their downsides especially across *all* quests, even though they seem more useful generally for clearing 1-20, and I hate running out of sp (again, a limitation I'm sure I could overcome if I played them more).

All that being said - I ended up doing 5k favor on 16lock/2 rogue/2paladin. I wouldn't necessarily do it for reaper HC. A bit weak against reapers. It ends up having great saves, self-heals (loh), temp hp, and cone obliterates most things (albeit, slowly on bosses).

Pretty obvious build - con/cha 16 ish, int 14 ish, human, some str possibly. saves feats, quicken, and rest is gravy.
    Can keep up spot/search and DD a few points behind. You will have to keep trapping gear up to date. Don't even worry about open lock. You're 4 levels above most quests and have the human ability boost for just 1 point.

The only two real scares I had were walking into a group of mobs not paying attention, in caverns of shaagh, and the end of 5k when lag monster was hitting the servers. As long as you keep all mobs at the end of cone length, it was a very easy solo machine. I barely even used the LOH, but nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post
    I would definitely say the most important thing is play a class you are overly familiar with, have fun with and are comfortable playing. Trying to delve into wizard in HC when you never play wizard seems like a bad idea, for example. And playing a class you don't enjoy across 5k favor also seems like a bad idea (bard?).

On my side I play a lot of conelock, and am generally comfortable with the limitations, and strengths. You tend to not have the most HP, and I find I need to manage stanch and the temp HP buff well. But personally, I can't stand listening to or watching xbows for 20 levels, and I can't stand playing burst locks, even though they are clearly more survivable. I'm not familiar *enough* with sorcs to know their downsides especially across *all* quests, even though they seem more useful generally for clearing 1-20, and I hate running out of sp (again, a limitation I'm sure I could overcome if I played them more).

All that being said - I ended up doing 5k favor on 16lock/2 rogue/2paladin. I wouldn't necessarily do it for reaper HC. A bit weak against reapers. It ends up having great saves, self-heals (loh), temp hp, and cone obliterates most things (albeit, slowly on bosses).

Pretty obvious build - con/cha 16 ish, int 14 ish, human, some str possibly. saves feats, quicken, and rest is gravy.
    Can keep up spot/search and DD a few points behind. You will have to keep trapping gear up to date. Don't even worry about open lock. You're 4 levels above most quests and have the human ability boost for just 1 point.

The only two real scares I had were walking into a group of mobs not paying attention, in caverns of shaagh, and the end of 5k when lag monster was hitting the servers. As long as you keep all mobs at the end of cone length, it was a very easy solo machine. I barely even used the LOH, but nice to have.
    I am playing a BF (love the immunities) 2 pal / rest lock this go. I can see how human would provide the needed skill points for adding trapping to the build if so desired, thanks for the idea.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Personally, but I'm not an expert, I'd take into consideration what kind of boni different races and/or Dragonmarks have.

One of my personal projects is to try to profit from the Dragonmark of Kundarak Dwarves for protection for the trapper (some trapboxes are situated BEYOND the traps themselves, which requirews excellent reflex and other saves to be able to get through those traps in the first place).

What I didn't do so far is trying to use the Deneith Human Dragonmark of Protection.

I must warn that I don't have experience with these two Dragonmarks yet.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

I am thinking a BF 2 Pal, 1-2 rog, rest Warlock in ES from level 12.

Keep up Search and DD, ignore Spot and OL. Wont have autodetect so will be a slow trapper, but useful whenever a real trapper isnt around.
    With 16 starting INT keeping up Search and DD is doable. Just need to keep gear current then I reckon for most traps. All the Temp HP will work very well for keeping to boxes behind traps

Not very fast damage but very sure.

INQUISITIVE with at least 1 level of rogue or arti

You will shred everything before they get you, no challenge, game knowledge not necessary, easy win.
    Just make sure you will be able to distinguish your toon out of the six in your party. I'd recommend hot pink or yellow cosmetics.
    Last edited by kanordog; 07-26-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    You nerfed my monks, throwers, dailies and alchemists.
    I hardly play anymore, found a better hobby.
    Thank You!

Not the most experienced player in the world, due to mainly playing the game casually over the years, but I've made good progress with a pale knight trapper so far. I.E. 2/18 rogue/wizard (could probably even just go 1 rogue, 19 wizard, if you're so inclined, I just use the second rogue level at 16 to fill up lockpicking), with roughly equal points in pale master and eldritch knight (probably gonna go for the pale master end tier instead of the eldritch knight one, though). Eldritch Knight gives you a decent amount of HP through core talents, a 25% damage reduction barrier if you drop below 50% HP, as well as a bunch of magical resistance rating and access to medium armor. Pale Master gives you selfheal through negative energy spells a decent pet, physical resistance rating, even more HP and all the benefits (and some of the downsides, but those can be mitigated via improving the shroud) of being undead, i.E. immunity to death effects and most negative energy spells, as well as fear and the like. Works quite well together, the trees compliment each other.

On top of that I went with a deep gnome, for permanent blur (just nice to have that constantly on, saves sp and I can't forget it), +3 to saves as well as being able to tumble through enemies. Which synergizes well with the invisibility and displacement while blocking from the pale master tree, helps getting out of tricky situation, should you end up boxed in with enemies.

Been playing up to level 14 now while running most (but not all, a few I did on hard) quests on elite, so far I haven't run into any problems with the build. Died once at level 11 or so, but that was my own fault, had tunnelvision and ran after an enemy, despite seeing that a trap was there. Trap fried me.
    Last edited by Wylf; 07-26-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    Kobold loves you.

Human 2 rogue/ rest pally, level 12 so far, doing some crafting, disable is at 44 + human versatility for 48, with greater Heroism. I wear heavy plate, but carry light armor for certain quests. Have bee duoing quests with a friend, and have done everything from level 1 through 7 and most of the 8's so far, except for toe part 2. Also, no tomes other than some skill tomes from my initial purchase of eveningstar expansions. It's pretty survivable.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post

I have been running a very successful build since season 2: Fvs 18/ Rog 2

Using the SLA for damage and heals, lvl ups on CON, spot/search/DD enough for all quests on heroic. No points for open lock, unless you dont get UMD.
    This way you can do damage, heal people/self and do traps, even the tough ones because evasion.

Community Member

Here is the build I'm currently running. I'm tired of dying to traps in random bouts of lag so I built this character to be durable specifically for trapping. There is a lot of wiggle room for tailoring it to your needs, but I'm finding it extremely durable, almost absurdly so. Basically it's Warforged 1 arti/2 mnk/17 fvs. Warforged for all the free immunities. One level of arti for all the free xbow feats and trapping skills. 2 levels of monk for evasion, solid saves and 2 free feats. Then 17 levels of FvS as a solid base for buffs, healing, 3 good saves, 170 extra hps due to stout of heart, etc.. For my monk feats I chose resilience for a +4 to all saves and deflect arrows. Resilience can be swapped in favor of precision, but I'm erring on the side of caution from the start with this build. Also once you get 5k favor you can get a +5 tome for your dex and then use your lesser heart to go back and pick up improved precise shot at 18. I went up Beacon of hope to grab close wounds SLA as it is incredibly fast as is and grabbed healer's friend to make the heals 80% effective on warforged. You can probably get by without it but it doesn't hurt to be safe.

I have +1 racial and +1 universal tomes along with a 32 point build. If you don't have them then just start at 16 con and remove 2 enhancement points from the build. Isn't too difficult since the build is highly functional without needing the extra points in Beacon of hope and Warforged racial tree.

Character name:
    Classes: 17 Favored Soul, 10 Epic, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer
    Race: Warforged · · · · · ·Alignment: Lawful Good

· · ·Start Tome Final
    Str:· · ·8· · 0 · ·10 · · ·HP:· · · · 788 · · ·AC:· · 18
    Dex:· · 14· · 0 · ·16 · · ·PRR: · · · · 2
    Con:· · 18· · 0 · ·22 · · ·MRR: · · · · 2 · · ·+Healing Amp:· · 60
    Int:· · 16· · 0 · ·27 · · ·Dodge: · ·6/25 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · ·0
    Wis:· · 12· · 0 · ·14 · · ·Fort:· · ·100% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · ·0
    Cha:· · ·6· · 0 · · 8 · · ·SR:· · · · · 0 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 13
    DR:
    Immunities: Sleep, Energy Drain, Nausea, Sickness, Exhaustion, Paralysis

Special Feats
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Harper Agent Tree
    Inherent Racial Action Point
    Inherent Universal Action Point
    Inquisitive Tree

Saves:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fortitude:· · · · ·31
    · vs Poison:· · · ·41*
    · vs Disease: · · ·31
    Will: · · · · · · ·32
    · vs Enchantment: ·32*
    · vs Illusion:· · ·32*
    · vs Fear:· · · · ·32*
    · vs Curse: · · · ·32
    Reflex: · · · · · ·33
    · vs Traps: · · · ·33
    · vs Spell: · · · ·33
    · vs Magic: · · · ·33
    Marked with a * is no fail on a 1 if required DC met

Class and Feat Selection
    Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
    1 · · Artificer(1)· · ·Standard: Point Blank Shot
    2 · · Favored Soul(1) ·Follower of Faith: Follower of Olladra
    3 · · Favored Soul(2) ·Standard: Precise Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Battle Feat: Knowledge of Battle
    4 · · Monk(1) · · · · ·Monk Bonus: Resilience
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    5 · · Monk(2) · · · · ·Monk Bonus: Deflect Arrows
    6 · · Favored Soul(3) ·Standard: Insightful Reflexes
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Child Of Faith: Child of Faith
    7 · · Favored Soul(4) ·
    8 · · Favored Soul(5) ·Energy Absorbance: Energy Absorption: Acid
    9 · · Favored Soul(6) ·Standard: Rapid Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Deity: Luck of Olladra
    10· · Favored Soul(7) ·Heart Feat: Stout of Heart
    11· · Favored Soul(8) ·
    12· · Favored Soul(9) ·Standard: Quicken Spell
    13· · Favored Soul(10) Energy Absorbance: Energy Absorption: Fire
    14· · Favored Soul(11)
    15· · Favored Soul(12) Standard: Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Beloved Of Faith: Beloved of the Divine
    16· · Favored Soul(13) Intelligence: +1 Level up
    17· · Favored Soul(14)
    18· · Favored Soul(15) Standard: Empower Healing Spell
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Energy Absorbance: Energy Absorption: Cold
    19· · Favored Soul(16)
    20· · Favored Soul(17) Intelligence: +1 Level up
    21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Empty Feat Slot
    22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·
    23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
    24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Empty Feat Slot
    25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·
    26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Empty Feat Slot
    27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Empty Feat Slot
    28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Empty Feat Slot
    29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Empty Feat Slot
    30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Empty Feat Slot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Empty Feat Slot

Skills
    Skill Points· · ·28 ·5· 5 ·7· 7 ·5· 5 ·6· 6 ·6· 6 ·6· 6 ·6· 6 ·7· 7 ·7· 7 ·7
    Skill Name· · · ·01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20· Total Buffed
    Balance · · · · · 2 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 2.0 · 15.0
    Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Concentration · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 16.0
    Diplomacy · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 13.0
    Disable Device· · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 41.0
    Haggle· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Heal· · · · · · · 2 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·1· · · · · 3.0 · 15.0
    Hide· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 13.0
    Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Jump· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Listen· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 13.0
    Move Silently · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 13.0
    Open Lock · · · · 4 · · · ·½· ½ · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·½· ½ · · · · · · 6.0 · 19.0
    Perform · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Repair· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 18.0
    Search· · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 42.0
    Spell Craft · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 18.0
    Spot· · · · · · · 4 ·½· ½ ·2· 1 ·½· ½ ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1 1½ 1½· ·23.0 · 36.0
    Swim· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Tumble· · · · · · · · · · · · 1 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1.0 · 14.0
    Use Magic Device· 4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 4.0 · 13.0
    Available Points· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0

Enhancements: 80 APs, Racial 1, Universal 1
    Warforged - Points spent: 14
    1 Core ·(1) Improved Fortification I
    2 Tier1 (1) Repair Systems: Healer's Friend
    3 Tier1 (1) Repair Systems: Healer's Friend
    4 Tier1 (1) Repair Systems: Healer's Friend
    5 Tier1 (2) Construct Toughness I
    6 Core ·(2) Constitution I
    7 Core ·(1) Improved Fortification II
    8 Core ·(2) Constitution II
    9 Tier2 (2) Construct Toughness II
    10 Core ·(1) Improved Fortification III
    Inquisitive - Points spent: 41
    1 Core ·(1) Inquisitive
    2 Tier1 (2) Dual Shooter
    3 Tier1 (2) Law on your side
    4 Tier2 (2) Improved Law
    5 Core ·(1) Hit the Streets
    6 Tier2 (2) Crossbow Adept I
    7 Tier3 (2) Crossbow Adept II
    8 Tier3 (2) First Things First: Ask Questions First
    9 Tier3 (2) Ability Score I: Intelligence
    10 Core ·(1) Mind Like Iron
    11 Tier2 (2) Observation
    12 Tier3 (1) Improved Observation
    13 Core ·(1) True Seeing
    14 Tier4 (2) Greater Law
    15 Tier4 (2) Crossbow Adept III
    16 Tier4 (1) What Later?: Shoot Later
    17 Tier4 (2) Inquisition Style: Martial Inquisition
    18 Tier4 (2) Ability Score II: Intelligence
    19 Core ·(1) Undaunted
    20 Tier5 (2) No Holds Barred
    21 Tier5 (1) Arresting Assault
    22 Tier5 (1) Improved Uncanny Dodge
    23 Tier5 (1) Diplomatic Immunity
    24 Tier5 (1) Inquisitor's Path: Optimistic
    25 Tier1 (1) Eye for Accuracy
    26 Tier1 (1) Eye for Accuracy
    27 Tier1 (1) Eye for Accuracy
    28 Core ·(1) Master Inquisitive
    Harper Agent - Points spent: 12
    1 Core ·(1) Agent of Good I
    2 Tier1 (1) Traveller's Toughness
    3 Tier1 (1) Traveller's Toughness
    4 Tier1 (2) Strategic Combat I
    5 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
    6 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
    7 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
    8 Tier1 (1) Traveller's Toughness
    9 Tier1 (1) Awareness
    10 Tier3 (2) Strategic Combat II
    Beacon of Hope - Points spent: 15
    1 Core ·(1) Pleasant Disposition
    2 Tier1 (2) Spell Critical Chance I
    3 Tier1 (1) Good Hope
    4 Tier1 (1) Divine Durability I
    5 Tier2 (1) Close Wounds
    6 Tier2 (1) Close Wounds
    7 Tier2 (1) Close Wounds
    8 Tier2 (1) Divine Durability II
    9 Core ·(1) Beacon of Grace
    10 Core ·(1) Shining Light
    11 Tier2 (2) Spell Critical Chance II
    12 Tier3 (2) Spell Critical Chance III

Community Member

Default Wf-lg-r11-a2-w7

I ran this build till lag ended him. But was really easy. I was so confident i thought i could beat the lag monster, but it ended up winning. Lots of immunities. I did run with a hireling healer and at the time was only doing Elite not reaper. For the first 4 levels i ran with the Barb hireling instead of healer, then switched to healer hireling.

Code:
    Character name: Test 1
    Classes: 11 Ranger, 10 Epic, 7 Wizard, 2 Artificer
    Race: Warforged · · · · · ·Alignment: Lawful Good

· · ·Start Tome Final
    Str:· · ·9· · 0 · ·11 · · ·HP:· · · · 453 · · ·AC:· · 15
    Dex:· · 13· · 0 · ·15 · · ·PRR: · · · · 6
    Con:· · 16· · 0 · ·20 · · ·MRR: · · · · 0 · · ·+Healing Amp:· · 20
    Int:· · 16· · 0 · ·27 · · ·Dodge: · ·8/25 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · ·0
    Wis:· · 12· · 0 · ·18 · · ·Fort:· · ·100% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · ·0
    Cha:· · ·6· · 0 · · 8 · · ·SR:· · · · · 0 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 15
    DR: 
    Immunities: Sleep, Energy Drain, Nausea, Sickness, Exhaustion, Paralysis, Magic Missiles, Magical Controls and Compulsion

Class and Feat Selection
    1 · · Artificer(1)· · ·Standard: Point Blank Shot
    2 · · Ranger(1) · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Undead
    3 · · Ranger(2) · · · ·Standard: Insightful Reflexes
    4 · · Ranger(3) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    5 · · Ranger(4) · · · ·
    6 · · Ranger(5) · · · ·Standard: Dodge
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Evil Outsider
    7 · · Ranger(6) · · · ·
    8 · · Ranger(7) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    9 · · Ranger(8) · · · ·Standard: Mobility
    10· · Ranger(9) · · · ·
    11· · Ranger(10)· · · ·Favored Enemy: Favored enemy: Elemental
    12· · Ranger(11)· · · ·Standard: Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    13· · Artificer(2)· · ·
    14· · Wizard(1) · · · ·Metamagic: Extend Spell
    15· · Wizard(2) · · · ·Standard: Precision
    16· · Wizard(3) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    17· · Wizard(4) · · · ·
    18· · Wizard(5) · · · ·Standard: Shot on the Run
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Metamagic: Quicken Spell
    19· · Wizard(6) · · · ·
    20· · Wizard(7) · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Overwhelming Critical
    22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·
    23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
    24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Mental Toughness
    25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·
    26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Holy Strike
    27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Blinding Speed
    28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Doubleshot
    29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Mass Frog
    30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Embolden Spell
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of the Feywild

Granted Feats
    Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Slippery Mind

Automatic Feats
    · 1 · Artificer(1)· · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Construct Mastery
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Knowledge: Scrolls
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Attack
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Composite Plating
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Defensive Fighting
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Great Crossbow
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Repeating Heavy Crossbow
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Repeating Light Crossbow
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Heroic Durability
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Inscribe Artificer Scroll
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Light Armor Proficiency
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Light Fortification
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Magical Training
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Light Hammer
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Warhammer
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Medium Armor Proficiency
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Rapid Reload
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Revive Iron Defender
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Shield Proficiency (General)
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Club
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Dagger
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Dart
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Crossbow
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Mace
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Light Crossbow
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Light Mace
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Morningstar
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Quarterstaff
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Sickle
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Dagger
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Simple Weapon Proficiency: Unarmed
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Sneak
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Sunder
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Trapfinding
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Trip
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Unleash Iron Defender
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Warforged Traits
    · 2 · Ranger(1) · · · ·Bow Strength
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Battle Axe
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Falchion
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Great Axe
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Great Club
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Great Sword
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Hand Axe
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Pick
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Kukri
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Light Pick
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longbow
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Maul
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Scimitar
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortbow
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortsword
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Axe
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Martial Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Hammer
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Wild Empathy
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Wilderness Lore
    · 3 · Ranger(2) · · · ·Rapid Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Two Weapon Fighting
    · 4 · Ranger(3) · · · ·Diehard
    · 5 · Ranger(4) · · · ·Precise Shot
    · 6 · Ranger(5) · · · ·Improved Heroic Durability
    · 7 · Ranger(6) · · · ·Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Manyshot
    · 8 · Ranger(7) · · · ·Improved Wild Empathy
    · 9 · Ranger(8) · · · ·Wilderness Lore
     10 · Ranger(9) · · · ·Evasion
     11 · Ranger(10)· · · ·Improved Heroic Durability
     12 · Ranger(11)· · · ·Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Improved Precise Shot
     13 · Artificer(2)· · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Craft Mastery
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Knowledge: Potions
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Rune Arm Use
     14 · Wizard(1) · · · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Dismiss Charm
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Inscribe Wizard Scroll
     15 · Wizard(2) · · · ·Arcane Lore
     16 · Wizard(3) · · · ·Arcane Lore
     17 · Wizard(4) · · · ·Arcane Lore
     18 · Wizard(5) · · · ·Arcane Lore
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Improved Heroic Durability
     19 · Wizard(6) · · · ·Arcane Lore
     20 · Wizard(7) · · · ·Arcane Lore
     21 · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Defensive Fighting
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Epic Power
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Epic Skills
     22 · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Power
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Epic Saves
     23 · Epic(3) · · · · ·Epic Power
     24 · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Power
     25 · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Power
     26 · Epic(6) · · · · ·Epic Power
     27 · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Power
     28 · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Power
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Fate Point
     29 · Epic(9) · · · · ·Epic Power
     30 · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Power

Skills
    Skill Points· · ·28 ·9· 9 ·9· 9 ·9· 9 10 10 10 10 10· 8 ·6· 6 ·7· 7 ·7· 7 ·7
    Skill Name· · · ·01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20· Total Buffed
    Balance · · · · · 1 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1.0 · 13.0
    Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Concentration · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 17.0
    Diplomacy · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 13.0
    Disable Device· · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 43.0
    Haggle· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Heal· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 14.0
    Hide· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 12.0
    Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 10.0
    Jump· · · · · · · 2 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·2· 2 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · · · · ·16.0 · 56.0
    Listen· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 18.0
    Move Silently · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 12.0
    Open Lock · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · · ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ·18.5 · 32.5
    Perform · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·9.0
    Repair· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ½ ·½· 1 · · · · · · · · · · · · 2.0 · 20.0
    Search· · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 43.0
    Spell Craft · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 18.0
    Spot· · · · · · · 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 · · · · · · · · · · · ·16.0 · 34.0
    Swim· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·1· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1.0 · 11.0
    Tumble· · · · · · 1 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1.0 · 13.0
    Use Magic Device· 4 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 32.0
    Available Points· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0

Enhancements: 80 APs, Racial 1, Universal 1
    Warforged - Points spent: 14
     1 Core ·(1) Improved Fortification I
     2 Tier1 (2) Construct Toughness I
     3 Core ·(2) Constitution I
     4 Core ·(1) Improved Fortification II
     5 Core ·(2) Constitution II
     6 Core ·(1) Improved Fortification III
     7 Tier2 (2) Construct Toughness II
     8 Tier3 (1) Memories of the Last War I: Front Lines
     9 Tier1 (1) Inscribed Armor
    10 Tier1 (1) Inscribed Armor
    Inquisitive - Points spent: 41
     1 Core ·(1) Inquisitive
     2 Tier1 (2) Dual Shooter
     3 Tier1 (2) Law on your side
     4 Tier2 (2) Improved Law
     5 Core ·(1) Hit the Streets
     6 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
     7 Tier2 (2) Crossbow Adept I
     8 Tier3 (2) Crossbow Adept II
     9 Tier3 (2) First Things First: Shoot First
    10 Core ·(1) Mind Like Iron
    11 Tier3 (2) Ability Score I: Intelligence
    12 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Skills
    13 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Skills
    14 Core ·(1) True Seeing
    15 Tier4 (2) Greater Law
    16 Tier4 (2) Inquisition Style: Martial Inquisition
    17 Tier4 (2) Crossbow Adept III
    18 Tier4 (2) Ability Score II: Intelligence
    19 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Skills
    20 Tier5 (1) Inquisitor's Path: Optimistic
    21 Tier5 (1) Improved Uncanny Dodge
    22 Tier5 (2) No Holds Barred
    23 Core ·(1) Undaunted
    24 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    25 Tier5 (1) Diplomatic Immunity
    26 Tier2 (1) Wand and Scroll Mastery
    27 Tier1 (1) Eye for Accuracy
    28 Tier1 (1) Eye for Accuracy
    29 Core ·(1) Master Inquisitive
    Harper Agent - Points spent: 12
     1 Core ·(1) Agent of Good I
     2 Tier1 (2) Strategic Combat I
     3 Tier1 (1) Traveller's Toughness
     4 Tier1 (1) Traveller's Toughness
     5 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
     6 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
     7 Tier2 (1) Know the Angles
     8 Tier1 (1) Awareness
     9 Tier1 (1) Awareness
    10 Tier3 (2) Strategic Combat II
    Falconry - Points spent: 8
     1 Core ·(1) Summon Falcon: Summon Raven
     2 Tier1 (1) Rugged
     3 Tier1 (1) Rugged
     4 Tier1 (1) Practiced Accuracy
     5 Tier1 (1) Rugged
     6 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Sprint
     7 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Sprint
     8 Tier2 (1) Action Boost: Sprint
    Battle Engineer - Points spent: 7
     1 Core ·(1) attle Engineer
     2 Tier1 (2) Weapon Training I: Crossbow Training I
     3 Tier1 (1) Field Engineer
     4 Tier1 (1) Field Engineer
     5 Tier2 (2) Extra Action Boost
    Spells· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · School· · · · ·DC
    Artificer Spells
    L1: Inflict Light Damage· · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 20
    L1: Repair Light Damage · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 20
    L1: Conjure Bolts · · · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 20
    L1: Enchant Armor · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 20
    L2: Inflict Moderate Damage · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 21
    L2: Repair Moderate Damage· · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 21
    L3: Inflict Serious Damage· · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 22
    L3: Repair Serious Damage · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 22
    L4: Inflict Critical Damage · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 23
    L4: Repair Critical Damage· · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 23
    L6: Inflict Critical Damage, Mass · · · · · Transmutation · 25
    L6: Repair Critical Damage, Mass· · · · · · Transmutation · 25
    Ranger Spells
    L1: Jump· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 16
    L1: Resist Energy · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L2: Owl's Wisdom· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 17
    L2: Summon Nature's Ally II · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 17
    L3: Cure Moderate Wounds· · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 18
    Wizard Spells
    L1: Expeditious Retreat · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 20
    L1: Nightshield · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 20
    L1: Protection from Evil· · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 20
    L1: Repair Light Damage · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 20
    L2: Blur· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Illusion· · · · 21
    L2: False Life· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 21

Community Member

I went a different route.

Took Rogue at level 1, used my ember rapier to kill stuff in Storehouse normal. Bought Byron hire & reran Storehouse, H Rest on Elite & Crystal on Hard.

Took Ranger at level 2, grabbed a **** bow, put 4 AP into AA tree for infinite arrows.

Stayed with Ranger through level 5 for a 4/1 Ranger Rogue split that has Protection from Energy and a couple Electric and Force damage die, self heals through Empathic Healing DWS enhancement, and trapping from Rogue level - all by level 5.

Took Rogue 2 at level 6 for Evasion while doing my base 2 quests on Elite.

Put rest of my levels into Ranger. By level 8 (Ranger 6), I had Multishot which I just used on Reapers and Red bosses.

I chose to trade some DPS from AA tree for 22 AP into Vistrini tree for Deflect arrows, Quickdraw, 13 Prr & Mrr, immunity to fear & energy drain.

I coasted to 1750, took Dex tome, took level 20, ran Kings Forest on EN, ran DA on EN solo 4x asking for pikers to pass token. Almost all lootgen gear was dissolved for essence.

I made a crafter alt (human Arti for bonuses/mark of making. Played her to level 4, swapped enhancements for greater mark, used craft xp elixir from tutorial and essences from all the Epic items I dissolved to get craft level around 150.

Then I TRed to do mostly the same build but with +2 ranged damage and +2 elemental resistances and 34 point build. At level 14, I swapped from longbow ranger, took Bard, and went to thrower build. All the defensive stuff from DWS, 36 points into Vistrini and I have a really nice high-dodge, evasion, and high DPS build. Final build will be 14/4/2 Ranger/Bard/Rogue with T5 and Capstone in VKF, good saves, great AC from an Evasion build (using some custom crafted Mithral Feyvrafted Scale and crafted Buckler), AoE from IPS, Freedom of Movement, Cure Moderate that hits for around 150HP, Mass Lesser Vigor that heals party for around 150HP over 18 secs, 48 Elemental resistances (with guild bluffs, 38 without), and great DPS.

So far, back to level 17 & smooth sailing, pushing 3k favor working on my base 13's. Running mostly custom cannith & slavers gear.