Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member LokiFrost20882's Avatar

Exclamation Need assistance: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Hi Serious
    Are you available for quick app support?

Love your app and have been using it for some time but it all of a sudden stopped working. I went to start it and it tried to run but then shut down before rendering to desktop.

In the last 30 days:
    • No other apps installed or removed on PC
    • No Windows Updates
    • No .NET changes
    • No crashes or abnormal errors
    • PC reboot every Mo, We, Fr, Su

Local System:
    • RAM: 16GB Memory
    • HDD: SSD
    • CPU: Intel 2.4 GHz

Sequential Troubleshooting Performed:
    1. Closed all other applications
    2. Logged off/on to PC
    3. Rebooted PC
    4. Performed Installed-based repair
    5. Uninstalled and reinstalled
    6. Manual Run As Local Administrator

Windows event logs available upon demand (archived).

I also joined your Discord and also reached out to you on the VoK Discord server.

Thanks,

Þór Jörmundurson (Loki)

Postscript: I bought you a pot of coffee a few years back
    * L O K I L E R O Y *
    Itybity * Eviloutsider * Lokkifrost * Lokibane * Lokidokey * Lokisong * Froststorm * Murderhobo

Community Member

Default RE: DDO Tracker update

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    I created a Buy Me A Coffee account in hopes that some of you find my program useful enough to make a donation. Thank you in advance
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(May 10, 2022) After a very long wait, a new version (2.4.83) of my DDO Tracker is available. (LINK to the Installer).

I added the 'Hunter and Hunted' pack, including a raid timer for 'Hunt or be Hunted'

Perhaps the most useful addition I made for this update, a preference that allows you to make the solvers stay in the foreground. By checking the box on the preferences page, and when the solvers tab is selected, the DDO Tracker will remain in the foreground on your screen. I got frustrated having to switch back and forth between windows to solve puzzles.

The most time consuming addition, and the reason why this update has taken so long, is the ability to rotate the mirror solutions for 'Temple of the Deathwyrm'. My brain just needed them to be rotated 90° to make them easier to use. Sadly, I had a little hiccup in my code that took me forever to find. @(*&$^#)@^$ code!!

I fixed a few other issues as well as tweaking some appearance and text items. (see the release notes)

I welcome any feedback, bug reports and seriously entertain all suggestions and requests.

Serious Nonsense

Send my DDO account a message

Chat with me on the Discord channel devoted to the the DDO Tracker (I'm US central time and I play in the late evening)

send me an email ddotracker@gmail.com (I check this sporadically)

Community Member LokiFrost20882's Avatar

Thumbs up Thank you for your dedication/Excellent Product!

I welcome any feedback, bug reports and seriously entertain all suggestions and requests.

Serious Nonsense
    Feature Request:
    1. Spells: Add Warlock tab
    2. Additional: Would love to see automatically added spells and SLA added
    * L O K I L E R O Y *
    Itybity * Eviloutsider * Lokkifrost * Lokibane * Lokidokey * Lokisong * Froststorm * Murderhobo

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LokiFrost20882 View Post
    Feature Request:
    • Spells: Add Warlock tab
    First, let me explain that the following response is not, and should not be interpreted as, a denial of your request. I simply want to explain my thought process and decisions in designing and programming my DDO Tracker. My decisions are not (I repeat, NOT) set in stone, but I need to be convinced that my decision should be changed.

My intention for placing the spell lists for Wizard, Artificer and Alchemist on the tracker was to supplement the functionality of DDO. These three classes inscribe spells to their spellbook from scrolls. A quirk of the game is that you can inscribe spells to your spellbook that you cannot see. A first level wizard can inscribe a 9th level spell to their spellbook. But they cannot see, at all, the ninth level spell list until they are a seventeenth level wizard. So it is possible that you may purchase a rare high level scroll, from say the auction house, only to find out that you inscribed it months ago. The tracker's spell lists also provide information as to which scrolls can be purchased at vendors.

Is there a reason why any other caster class needs a spell list on my tracker when there is no spell information not readily available on the character sheet. Nor can I think of any reason to check whether an alternate toon of another caster class needs a certain scroll. Are users employing the spell lists on my tracker in ways that I have not envisioned?

• Additional: Would love to see automatically added spells and SLA added
    Thus far I have intentionally not had my tracker interact with the actual DDO game. I am not sure how to accomplish much auto-population without doing so and I am leery of incurring the wrath of the DDO gods. And yet again, I am not seeing the need to keep track of the spells or SLAs when you can look at your character sheet for that information.

All that being said; Should I be thinking about this in a different way? What am I missing? Am I forgetting something?

As always, I want to hear what you think. And that was meant for everyone, not just LokiFrost20882.

Serious Nonsense

Chat with me on the Discord channel devoted to the the DDO Tracker (I'm US central time and I play in the late evening)

Community Member

Default "Bug" found?

(May 10, 2022) After a very long wait, a new version (2.4.83) of my DDO Tracker is available. (LINK to the Installer).

I fixed a few other issues as well as tweaking some appearance and text items. (see the release notes)

Serious Nonsense

Seems there is a bug that affects Razorclaw Shifter. Even when you save, close, and then reopen the Tracker, it changes your "Current race" to Tiefling Scoundrel. This also affects the Iconic Reincarnation function, as that also, even if you set current to Razorclaw, changes to Scoundrel.
    Last edited by Margona; 05-20-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Community Member

I created a Buy Me A Coffee account in hopes that some of you find my program useful enough to make a donation. Thank you in advance

(June 28, 2022) Version (2.4.83.1) of my DDO Tracker is available. (LINK to the Installer).

There are too many changes and updates to give an itemized list here. I have fixed all the bugs that were brought to my attention and implemented several suggested features. Of note, I changed the DDO Tracker to use an INI file to save/load program preferences and setup. Also of note, at least from my perspective, I added interactive 3D puzzle solutions (Dread Sea Scrolls, Dream Conspiracy, Ghost of a Chance & The Sane Asylum). For a full list of the changes and additions please check out the release notes.

As always, I welcome any feedback or bug reports while seriously considering all suggestions and requests.

Community Member

Default Mine wont work either

Downloaded the most current version. At the end of the installation it is supposed to fire up. It does not. The desktop icon gets the hour glass and then nothing happens. Weird.
    More fun than a bag of kittens and a hammer!!!

Glanced over this real quick and noticed that you had a typo. The quest "The Curse of the Captive Crustacean" should be "The Curse and the Captive Crustacean". Very simple fix to questdata.txt

I will be using this over HCL 6 in lieu of the spreadsheet I normally use and will offer feedback.

After using this program for two weeks, here is my feedback:
    • Would prefer the option to toggle between a dropdown list and a scrolling list of quests (in preferences where you can select how many quests you want shown at the same time in the list)
    • Selecting tomes is not intuitive. Would be better if you can click on the tome skill to get a dropdown list.
    • Preference toggle to automatically select the next quest in a chain
    • Hotkeys to start/stop/save quest timers
    • The ability to view and edit quest timers to remove entries that may be outliers
    • Down you go missing solver
    • Toggle for auto save would be very very nice. There are times when I close out without saving and lost a lot of data.
    • Switching quest selection should not stop an active quest timer. Maybe make it so that the timer will continue on in the background?
    • Reaper and skip options for quests, not just C/N/H/E.
    Last edited by Kayze; 08-12-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Community Member

Woot!!! I had my first donation to my Buy Me A Coffee on Sept. 23rd.

Thank you so very much.

Any plans to update this for season 7 hardcore?

Also if you are able to github it as an open source project, maybe other people can help you maintain it

Community Member

(January 11th, 2023) Version (2.4.83.2) of my DDO Tracker is available. (LINK to the Installer).

Just a word of warning; I know the light puzzle solver for Monastery of the Scorpion is not working properly. I will fix it soon.

For a full list of the changes and additions please check out the release notes.

As always, I welcome any feedback or bug reports while seriously considering all suggestions and requests.

Tried installing the new version and it would not let me do so without uninstalling the previous one (2.4.83.1).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Tried installing the new version and it would not let me do so without uninstalling the previous one (2.4.83.1).
    The installer should automatically overwrite the previous version. Your character data and program state is preserved.

Community Member

Default Doeent work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousNonsense View Post
    The installer should automatically overwrite the previous version. Your character data and program state is preserved.
    Reinstalled it with new version. Had to uninstall first version. Installed new version. Wont open now.

Community Member

(January 15th, 2023) Version (2.4.84) of my DDO Tracker is available. (LINK to the Installer).

This fixes the problem with the previous version which was entirely a bonehead mistake on my part.

Community Member

(January 15th, 2023) Version (2.4.84) of my DDO Tracker is available.
    I just downloaded this version (first time user here) and like a lot of others on Windows 10, it refuses to open with no error message indicating the problem. Curiously, it opened exactly once after the initial install. I moved the window over to my second monitor, then closed it off to read through the manual and it wouldn't open again after that point. I tried an uninstall (including deleting everything in AppData/Roaming in case it was something there) and reinstall to no avail. Here's what Windows has in the event log:

Code:
    Application: DDO Tracker.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.FormatException at System.Boolean.Parse(System.String) at DDO_Favor_Tracker.MainWindow.Load_Initial_Application_Layout() at DDO_Favor_Tracker.MainWindow..ctor()

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Janus-SOK View Post
    I just downloaded this version (first time user here) and like a lot of others on Windows 10, it refuses to open with no error message indicating the problem. Curiously, it opened exactly once after the initial install. I moved the window over to my second monitor, then closed it off to read through the manual and it wouldn't open again after that point. I tried an uninstall (including deleting everything in AppData/Roaming in case it was something there) and reinstall to no avail.
    This has proven to be enough of a recurring issue that I will tell you what I know. Let me preface this by saying that I do not run Windows 10 and have no access to a machine that does. I am passing along information from people who have experienced the exact same issue as you and how they were able to fix it. Keep in mind that I am only able to pass along information from people who have communicated with me. Some have reported the problem to me but then not responded to my return communications. I am also quite certain that there are many more that experienced the same issue and never contacted me at all.

In every case the experience is similar, "It ran, I closed it/it closed, now it doesn't run". I have been fortunate to have had a couple of, what I would call, 'IT professionals' (I am not) experience this problem. Their individual cases differed in how they arrived at the problem and then the solution. Their ultimate diagnoses and solutions were identical. For some reason, at least in their cases, hidden files were created in the program folder (by default; C:\Program Files (x86)\DDO Tracker).

As a reminder, on Dec. 4, 2020 I posted;
    The program installation folder (by default; C:\Program Files (x86)\DDO Tracker) has the executable (DDO Tracker.exe) and the quest data file (QuestData.txt). These two files only change when you download and install an update. I mention these two files as they are all you really need to copy to run the program. The quest data file is a text file and can be edited if you so desire. Be very careful editing this file as line counts, blank lines and separators are necessary for the program to read the file.
    This has not changed. Here is a list of files to expect in this folder;
    DDO Tracker.exe - This is the program executeable. It is, of course, placed here during installation.

QuestData.txt - This file contains all the data regarding quests, challenges and sagas. The user may edit this .txt file as they choose. Provided they adhere to the format(s) stated at the beginning of the file.

DDO Tracker Manual.pdf - A user manual for the DDO Tracker. While it is not necessary for the program to run, it is placed here during installation. I should note that it is woefully out of date. It does not give information on many many features I have added over time. Someday, I need to rewrite it. But don't hold your breath. Writing this manual was not the part of this process I enjoyed the most.

Release Notes.txt - This file records changes I have made to the program. It is not used by the program. I include this file so that the user may see what has changed with each release. Rarely, if ever, do I state all the changes I have made when I announce an update. It is also where I keep track of known issues and requested features.

My program does not install or create any hidden files. If, after making them visible (ask the internet how), you find hidden files here, delete them. That corrected the issue for the "IT professionals" with whom I have worked on this issue. Neither could enlighten me as to how or why the hidden files had been created. If someone knows why this is happening and/or what I can do to prevent it from my end, please share.

It is my hope that we have already solved your issue, but if not, here is more information you may find useful. Again on Dec. 4, 2020 I posted;
    The user data folder (on my computer; C:\Users\>username<\AppData\Roaming\DDO Tracker) contains the character data file (CharacterData.txt) and, at most four, backups to that data. You may also find an error.txt file here if the program has crashed. You only need to copy the character data file to move this data to a different computer.
    The directory remains the same but the files within has changed. Here is a list of files to expect in this folder;
    DDOTracker.ini - The program state file now resides in this folder. The program reads/saves the state of the controls as you have them set in this file. At this time, this file MUST be present for the program to function. A default copy of it is installed here during setup.

CharacterData.txt - The character data file can still be found here as well. As you might expect, information about your character, quest completions and such are saved to this file. If no character data file is present, the program starts with no character data but functions normally.

CharacterDataBackup1.txt/CharacterDataBackup2.txt - Due to changes in how the backups are saved there are now, at most, two character data backups.

ErrorLog.txt - This used to be named Error.txt and was overwritten each time an error was thrown. I renamed it when I changed the programs behavior to append new data to the existing file. Caution! These error messages are generate by Microsoft and are rarely, if ever, clear as to what has happened.

It is not uncommon for me to ask users to send me copies of any, or all, of these files. You can easily open them yourself to see what they contain. None are encrypted in any way. CharacterData.txt, for instance, should include the phrase 'End of File' in the very last line of text. If it doesn't the last save was interrupted and you need to rename one of the backups. Just be careful if you edit these files as syntax, capitalization, character count and space count are often important. Sometimes forgetting a single character, say a comma (,), can cause a persistent crash. If I have not yet helped to resolve this issue, please send copies of the CharacterData.txt, DDOTracker.ini and ErrorLog.txt files to ddotracker@gmail.com.

I am always eager to receive bug/error reports and will do my best to work with you to resolve them. I welcome any feedback and seriously entertain all suggestions and requests as well.
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 02-07-2023 at 04:33 PM.

Community Member

The directory remains the same but the files within has changed. Here is a list of files to expect in this folder;
    DDOTracker.ini - The program state file now resides in this folder. The program reads/saves the state of the controls as you have them set in this file. At this time, this file MUST be present for the program to function. A default copy of it is installed here during setup.
    Turns out for some reason this file was not included in my original installation. However upon re-running the installer and selecting the option to Repair the install (previously I just did a full re-install to another folder on a different hard drive, which didn't solve the issue) the .ini file got properly created and now the program starts up, huzzah!

I installed the newest version (2.4.84) on Windows 10, no hidden files spawned, all of the listed files were in the relevant folders, but the program will not open. I tried first repairing then completely uninstalling/reinstalling DDO Tracker. Neither worked. No ErrorLog.txt was generated.

In windows events, two errors are recorded:

.NET Runtime
    Code:
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].get_Item(System.__Canon)
       at DDO_Favor_Tracker.MainWindow.CharacterReaderNEW(System.String)
       at DDO_Favor_Tracker.MainWindow.CharacterReader()
       at DDO_Favor_Tracker.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
       at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
       at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
       at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at DDO_Favor_Tracker.App.Main()
    and Application Error
    Code:
    Faulting application name: DDO Tracker.exe, version: 2.4.84.0, time stamp: 0x63c47485
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2546, time stamp: 0xe8e9ac9b
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002cd29
    Faulting process id: 0xa4c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d950c233c42372
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DDO Tracker\DDO Tracker.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 504e1683-19fd-410e-a94a-5d2555c0c276
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234