Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

i absolutely love the idea of this... however, mark me down as another person who cannot "add character".

i has a sad

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

I like most of the changes. Great work.

Cheers,
    Titus
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vehementi View Post
    Yeah same here tried a repair, reinstall and as admin can't seem to get it to let me add a character.
    Same here, new user, no way to add a character :\

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dng242 View Post
    I believe this is because the character files are being used and stored in "program files". This may be blocking creating the file. Perhaps if it saved this data to Documents etc.
    Early on in this programs development you would have been correct. Now the character files are saving in a data directory in your user directory. On my computer the address is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DDO Tracker. Try deleting everything in that directory and tel me whether that fixed anything. Please and thank you.

I will spend some time this evening to troubleshoot the issue. I will figure out what the problem is....eventually. My apologies, I am not a professional programmer.

Serious Nonsense
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 09-26-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousNonsense View Post
    Early on in this programs development you would have been correct. Now the character files are saving in a data directory in your user directory. On my computer the address is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DDO Tracker. Try deleting everything in that directory and tel me whether that fixed anything. Please and thank you.

I will spend some time this evening to troubleshoot the issue. I will figure out what the problem is....eventually. My apologies, I am not a professional programmer.

Serious Nonsense
    Opened that folder, deleted the contents. Reinstalled. Same issue. Clicked save (the only button that's doing anything) and it created a CharacterData text file who's only contents is an "X".

And, seriously, you're a better programmer than I am.

Community Member

Default Problem Fixed (my brain fart corrected really)

9/26/2020 8:00 A.M. central time

So aaaaaa . . . I fixed the problem with the character ADD button. The difficulty you were having is that you didn't know that occasionally my brain stalls and loses lift. I had disabled that button. This 'problem' is fixed and the newer version is uploaded.

The link in my original post should still work fine, but here it is again (LINK to the Installer).

Again, my apologies. I will also work on figuring out how to make the installer upgrade if you already have the DDO Tracker installed.

To appease those of you who are proud members of the angry mob, here is a nice little 'coming attractions'. I worked out the math behind a solver for the puzzle in House of Pain last night. So look for that soon.

Serious Nonsense
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 09-26-2020 at 08:24 AM.

9/26/2020 8:00 A.M. central time

So aaaaaa . . . I fixed the problem with the character ADD button. The difficulty you were having is that you didn't know that occasionally my brain stalls and loses lift. I had disabled that button. This 'problem' is fixed and the newer version is uploaded.

The link in my original post should still work fine, but here it is again (LINK to the Installer).

Again, my apologies. I will also work on figuring out how to make the installer upgrade if you already have the DDO Tracker installed.

To appease those of you who are proud members of the angry mob, here is a nice little 'coming attractions'. I worked out the math behind a solver for the puzzle in House of Pain last night. So look for that soon.

Serious Nonsense
    Works now.

2015 DDO Players Council

so, i downloaded the updated version... loaded it up, and viola! the "add" button worked! hooray! but non of the tabs on the first screen worked. hmmm. tried to add a 2nd character, and nothing happened. closed it and tried to reopen it to see if that fixed it... and it didn't open.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling. tried restarting my computer. still won't start. what am i doing wrong

and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc

Community Member

Default Whoops

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    so, i downloaded the updated version... loaded it up, and viola! the "add" button worked! hooray! but non of the tabs on the first screen worked. hmmm. tried to add a 2nd character, and nothing happened. closed it and tried to reopen it to see if that fixed it... and it didn't open.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling. tried restarting my computer. still won't start. what am i doing wrong
    You're never going to believe this, but you weren't doing anything wrong. Once again I screwed up by omitting one line of code. I used to have it so that when you ADDed a character, the program popped up a dialog window. This window, wherein you entered your new character name, was outside the DDO Tracker program window. I never liked that and I very recently changed it. In the process of making this change I execute the two errors that have recently been brought to my attention.

Full disclosure, if you have "Same account as" checked and press the ACCEPT button it doesn't appear to do anything. If you hit the CANCEL button however you will find that your new character has been added to Character selection box. I will address this as well. I also need to research how to make my installer 'upgrade' as opposed to having to uninstall and re-install. I know that's a pain.

At any rate, this issue has been resolved and an updated version has been uploaded. The link in my original post should still work fine, but here it is again (LINK to the Installer).

Again, my apologies.

Serious Nonsense

2015 DDO Players Council

oddly enough it still doesn't work on my main computer. won't open at all. but it does work just fine on my surface tablet. so i'll use it there, that works for me

and R.O.G.U.E !

Community Member

Default DDO Tracker updated for U47

(Oct, 13, 2020 3:30PM) Well, it's that time again. I uploaded an update to the DDO Tracker. Along with updating the tracker to accommodate U47 information I also added or reworked several solvers. At the request of different users I added the ability to save quest times and resize the application.

Other changes were made and added but don't rate being mentioned here. The full list is included in the Release Notes (Release Notes.txt).

As always, I welcome any feedback or suggestions.

SeriousNonsense

P.S. Did I get all the problems resolved for those of you who want to try this?
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 10-14-2020 at 03:45 AM.

P.S. Did I get all the problems resolved for those of you who want to try this?
    Nope, it still won't run on my pc at all.

Community Member

Default DDO Tracker updated

(Oct, 31, 2020 5:00AM) I uploaded an update (2.4.77) to the DDO Tracker. I fixed an error in the solver/aid for The Curse of Strahd and wanted to get the corrected version out.

My primary reason to post is to ask for some help. Some people are having difficulties getting my program to run on computers running Windows 10. Not having access to a computer running Windows 10. I can't provide much aid in resolving these issues. I know that my program can, and does, run on Windows 10 machines as many people have told me that they are doing so. Here is my request; If you are running my program on a Windows 10 machine, but had to resolve some issue to do so, can you please send me a message here or to ddotracker@gmail.com. Specifically, please tell me what issue you had and how you resolved it. Thank you in advance for your help.

The link in my original post will still work fine, but here it is again (LINK to the Installer).

As always, I welcome any feedback or suggestions.

SeriousNonsense
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 11-02-2020 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added email link

Just checked this out today and I am loving it. Great job
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Community Member

Looks pretty cool. I been hoping someone would make a Wardrobe program. Something that has all the gear in the game, and all you have to do is put a check mark beside the gear .. or maybe it highlights if you click on it.. some kind of master sheet of gear you have and dont have. makes it easier than my having to write or type on word pad of what I have . Its easier for me to look at a master list to see if i have that loot on a mule or not.

Community Member

Hello - first off this looks cool. As someone that doesn't like to install too many programs, is there or will there be a standalone version of this program?

I play on multi-computers. Where does the DDO Tracker save its files too so I can copy that information on to another computer?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    I play on multi-computers. Where does the DDO Tracker save its files too so I can copy that information on to another computer?
    The program installation folder (by default; C:\Program Files (x86)\DDO Tracker) has the executable (DDO Tracker.exe) and the quest data file (QuestData.txt). These two files only change when you download and install an update. I mention these two files as they are all you really need to copy to run the program. The quest data file is a text file and can be edited if you so desire. Be very careful editing this file as line counts, blank lines and separators are necessary for the program to read the file.

The user data folder (on my computer; C:\Users\>username<\AppData\Roaming\DDO Tracker) contains the character data file (CharacterData.txt) and, at most four, backups to that data. You may also find an error.txt file here if the program has crashed. You only need to copy the character data file to move this data to a different computer.

Yea, I know text files are horribly inefficient storage and there are better options. But I'm not a programmer and I saw no need to encrypt this data. Neither file is very large (QuestData.txt 130KB, CharacterData.txt mine is 194KB for seven characters and a bunch of notes). I've thought about putting the excel spreadsheet that actually writes the quest data file in the install package. Ultimately, I decided that the end user doesn't need it and the VBA macro would cause some people's virus protection to start complaining.

Hope that helps.

How many other people who use my program are using it this way?
    Last edited by SeriousNonsense; 12-04-2020 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added a questuin

Thank you that was the exact information i was needing

Are you still updating this? a few friends and myself are really liking it and use it all the time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast