Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Annoying spam from Microsoft about using edge.

I thought this was funny. When searching about how to NOT get spammed on a Windows 7 machine using Internet Explorer about using Microsoft Edge all the time, I get spammed on the right hand side and the bottom of the page.

I also get upgrade spam when using the help function in my office 2010 apps, with a giant upgrade now button at the top of any help page. I fear what would happen if anyone else using the machine would click on that. What dystopian world we have created when this is allowed to occur, and is not stopped when it occurs.

Last edited by Mindos; 07-08-2020 at 12:25 PM.

How is Microsoft going to maintain support for the Chromium version of Edge when the Chromium Project has indicated rather bluntly that they're not going to past July 2021?

I like Windows 7 and all but it's more than long in the tooth. It's antiquated. I moved to Linux (Ubuntu, don't judge me) four years ago and will never go back. With Wine supporting DX11 and Vulkan, there's just no reason.

I'm getting to old for the OS wars.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)