Default Is the wheel puzzle in Best Laid Plans bugged?

I just tried to do Best Laid Plans tonight, and got to the point where you have to do the three wheel puzzle. I lined up the two wheels with the symbols you can see through the grates, but then...nothing. The quest refused to advance and the gates wouldn't open no matter what I tried. I went through every possible combination on the stupid wheels, thinking that maybe they were backwards, maybe they were intentionally meant to be misleading, etc. Nothing.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that the optional "get into the office quickly" bugs the gates and makes them completely unopenable if you don't achieve it. "Well, you didn't get into the office quickly enough, so now the quest is locked and you're screwed. Try again, scrub."

It's incredibly frustrating.

<edit>: I just tried it again, trying to get into the office quickly this time, and it worked. I'll have to test it again to see if there really is a timed fail bit on the gate, despite it not telling you anything.
    Last edited by Lorianna; 07-07-2020 at 03:45 AM.

From my experience, you line up 2 wheels according to hints, and rotate third till gate opens.

Never had any issues doing it that way.