Community Member

Default Enabling UI Themes within Linux

Hey guys,

Just recently got back into this game about 2 weeks ago after taking a long (7 years) hiatus. Honestly, been really enjoying the game!

Looking at different topics are skinning the UI, I wanted to see if it would be possible to skin my UI while I play the game in Linux / Steam / Proton. Does anyone here play on Linux? The game runs flawlessly BTW.

I have looked around at different topics and have tried to place the UI files in different locations to no luck. Tried placing them within the Steam directory (had to make the UI / skins folders). Tried placing them within the .wine directory as well as the .steam folders.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Eighthourblink View Post
    Hey guys,

Just recently got back into this game about 2 weeks ago after taking a long (7 years) hiatus. Honestly, been really enjoying the game!

Looking at different topics are skinning the UI, I wanted to see if it would be possible to skin my UI while I play the game in Linux / Steam / Proton. Does anyone here play on Linux? The game runs flawlessly BTW.

I have looked around at different topics and have tried to place the UI files in different locations to no luck. Tried placing them within the Steam directory (had to make the UI / skins folders). Tried placing them within the .wine directory as well as the .steam folders.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    You need to find the fake My Documents folder that holds some of the DDO preferences. Easiest way is to search for ddo.keymap. In the folder where that lives is where you need to create the UI/skins folders.

Did it last night on the wifes Mint system with Rogues new Purplebird skin. Works ok but the main menu looks a little iffy but she can live with it.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    You need to find the fake My Documents folder that holds some of the DDO preferences. Easiest way is to search for ddo.keymap. In the folder where that lives is where you need to create the UI/skins folders.

Did it last night on the wifes Mint system with Rogues new Purplebird skin. Works ok but the main menu looks a little iffy but she can live with it.
    Works perfectly! Thank You!

After thinking about where the location was and the couple attempts i made, it actually makes sense on where the location would be. Funny how that works.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Eighthourblink View Post
    Works perfectly! Thank You!

After thinking about where the location was and the couple attempts i made, it actually makes sense on where the location would be. Funny how that works.

Thanks again
    You're welcome
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!