Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    You don't have to pay at all if you do not want to.

7Zip is a free program and will allow you to open the RAR file and extract it. It can downloaded from here ---> https://www.7-zip.org/

Stoner81.
    Thank you much good sir. Every other .rar extractor I was able to find before were very expensive. You helped me in a very big way. Awesome skins by the way

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDog View Post
    Thank you much good sir. Every other .rar extractor I was able to find before were very expensive. You helped me in a very big way. Awesome skins by the way
    No worries happy to help.

The two big programs to use for archiving these days are WinRAR and 7Zip.

WinRAR is a paid application but can be used for free you just get a pop up window now and then but you can simply close it

7Zip is as I said is free to use.

I use 7Zip a lot since it offers better compression but I have both just in case

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDog View Post
    I either want the files or my money back.
    I see that you have fixed your issue with extracting the files. Are you still looking for a refund on your donation?

Itch.io is new to me, I am not sure if you can message me on there. You may contact me via discord or email.

Discord: NeuFang#2887

Email: NeuFang.Stream@gmail.com

I just found about skins in DDO and BlackBird - appreciate all the work put into this nice project.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I made a video tutorial to help people out with installing these custom skins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOHA8qL5FWE

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I made a video tutorial to help people out with installing these custom skins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOHA8qL5FWE
    Thank You Axel!!

I added the video to the 2nd post on this thread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue_Trapper View Post
    I see that you have fixed your issue with extracting the files. Are you still looking for a refund on your donation?

Itch.io is new to me, I am not sure if you can message me on there. You may contact me via discord or email.

Discord: NeuFang#2887

Email: NeuFang.Stream@gmail.com
    No way, very happy with your help and the UI skins. You deserve compensation.

My wording earlier thing about that was partly in jest, but that never translates well at all in type.

As the creator of the original BlackBird skin I have to say ... this is excellent!
    Great to see someone take up the torch to bring this into line with some (finally!) updated UI files.

Rogue, would it be too much to ask if you could credit me somewhere in the files? As you can imagine the original skin took many many hours to get into it's workable state. Even just acknowledging what your skin is derived from in a header comment in the skindefinition.xml file, along with a link to the original Blackbird forum thread would be more than enough.

cheers
    Ualac

Quote Originally Posted by Ualac View Post
    As the creator of the original BlackBird skin I have to say ... this is excellent!
    Great to see someone take up the torch to bring this into line with some (finally!) updated UI files.

Rogue, would it be too much to ask if you could credit me somewhere in the files? As you can imagine the original skin took many many hours to get into it's workable state. Even just acknowledging what your skin is derived from in a header comment in the skindefinition.xml file, along with a link to the original Blackbird forum thread would be more than enough.

cheers
    Ualac

Glad to see you like my spin on the Much Loved Original!!!

I've tried to give credit on the Sites I have posted the skins on, I can very much add a credit into the files themselves.

Edit:

Last edited by Rogue_Trapper; 07-29-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Glad to see you like my spin on the Much Loved Original!!!
    I do like it, and can appreciate how much effort you likely have put in yourself to get this skin up-to-date.

I really had hoped way back when that we'd see a proper UI layout system implemented in DDO, similar to what LOTRO has where panels can be modified and (for my preference) simplified. Also scaling of the UI would have been a major improvement for me as this is tricky to play on 1440p resolutions. As it is there's only so much that can be done with modifications to the images and I know exactly what it's like moving art 1 pixel here and there and loading up to see if that corrected a problem.

So I toast your fine work *toast* and here's to many new players finding out about Blackbird through your effort

(Appreciate that comment in the header, thanks for that.)
    Last edited by Ualac; 07-29-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Community Member

Nice, any chance of a pink one that's a bit less Magenta? Or a rough tutorial on what to edit?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMaxson View Post
    Nice, any chance of a pink one that's a bit less Magenta? Or a rough tutorial on what to edit?
    It is complicated to make things in a lighter colour, it makes some of the text hard to see. Mainly the text in the character sheet, the white text colour gets washed with a brighter background.
    I will post an image after work, to show you an example.

Edit:

See it can be hard on the eyes, to have bright backgrounds. If you really want it like this, I can do it for ya.

Last edited by Rogue_Trapper; 08-11-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Community Member

Default Thanks

I just wanted to say this is an awesome skin that made me happy.

14. 10-16-2020, 05:34 PM

Reason
    delete

Exclamation New Updates Available Today!!

• Changed the Leather BackGround that appears in most windows, like the inventory and Character Sheet. This should give a smoother appearance to the skins.
    • Changed colours of the hotbars, to match that of the new Background changes.
    • Fixed the LGS and Sentient windows.
    • Added new placeholder icon for worn items placed on hotbars
    • Added .Zip files to allow downloads without needing winrar or 7-Zip.
    • Added the Alchemist UI Assets to BlueBird
    • Gave homage to the original creator, Ualac, in the SkinDefinition.xml files. Thank You for the hard work many years ago on the Original BlackBird, I would not have done this if not for you.

Let me know of any bugs and ideas to further enhance the Skin!

• Changed the Leather BackGround that appears in most windows, like the inventory and Character Sheet. This should give a smoother appearance to the skins.
    • Changed colours of the hotbars, to match that of the new Background changes.
    • Fixed the LGS and Sentient windows.
    • Added new placeholder icon for worn items placed on hotbars
    • Added .Zip files to allow downloads without needing winrar or 7-Zip.
    • Added the Alchemist UI Assets to BlueBird
    • Gave homage to the original creator, Ualac, in the SkinDefinition.xml files. Thank You for the hard work many years ago on the Original BlackBird, I would not have done this if not for you.

Let me know of any bugs and ideas to further enhance the Skin!
    Can we get a before and after screen shot of the Leather Background changes and the hotbars? I think I understand what you did, but I'm just not "seeing" it in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Can we get a before and after screen shot of the Leather Background changes and the hotbars? I think I understand what you did, but I'm just not "seeing" it in my head.
    I do plan on changing the images on the main post, until then here. The hotbars for the recolours just match the colour of the new BG image.

BlackBird 1.0.8:

BlackBird 1.0.9:

Community Member

The small version of the map isn't matching the style, is there any chance you can get that to work, too?
    Last edited by Jennan; 02-13-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennan View Post
    The small version of the map isn't matching the style, is there any chance you can get that to work, too?
    It is not possible at the moment, we are still missing a few pieces of the UI. Hope we get them all eventually.

benne^
    We're not here on a quest to rescue a man named Arlos, we're here to punish some Kobolds.

Community Member

Another couple things I noticed are that when you have multiple hotbars, the highest number hotbar's empty slots have a transparent grey background while the other hotbars have a solid grey where there would be an item or ability if you put one in; this means the empty slots on the highest number hotbar effectly change color as you run around and the color of whatever is behind the hotbar changes. Also, when you put weapon sets onto a hotbar (not the highest number hotbar) and that weapon set is not what you currently have equipped, there's an opening around the slot for the weapon set where you can see the world behind the hotbar.
    Last edited by Jennan; 03-12-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast