Default Claw of Vulkoor bug?

I can't seem to finish this quest. Right at the end where they turn into drow-scorpions the quest just... doesn't finish. I've no idea why or what is going on but it's super annoying.
    https://imgur.com/OKqkNug

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Alioli View Post
    I can't seem to finish this quest. Right at the end where they turn into drow-scorpions the quest just... doesn't finish. I've no idea why or what is going on but it's super annoying.
    https://imgur.com/OKqkNug
    Did you leave the staff behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Did you leave the staff behind?
    I've no clue - It's not in my backpack, It's not anywhere nearby, this is the second time it gets stuck like this.

I've no clue - It's not in my backpack, It's not anywhere nearby, this is the second time it gets stuck like this.
    You HAVE to have the staff to finish. It's likely you left it behind somewhere since it automatically drop on the octogons if you walk over one, but isn't needed since the quest is actually unstealthable (Scorps have tremorsense).

As said above, it's the staff getting left behind automatically. I still make this mistake. It gets dropped on the pads and you must pick it back up.

Default Misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    You HAVE to have the staff to finish. It's likely you left it behind somewhere since it automatically drop on the octogons if you walk over one, but isn't needed since the quest is actually unstealthable (Scorps have tremorsense).
    Uhhhhhmmmm. It is definitely stealthable. (I've done it many, many, many, many times).
    And no, scorps do not have tremorsense. Spiders do, but not scorps.

But yes, OP probably left the staff behind on an octagon and it is required to finish the quest.
    Shiz - Ghallanda > Orien (Pharoah let my people go!)
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Yeah, I figured it out. Man I feel silly now don't I.
    It was stuck on the first (and only mandatory) plate in which you have to insert it. I never realised I actually had to pick it up after that - I kind of assumed it did so automatically.

Well, finished it - got my cool set items and now i'm happy! :P