Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diefree View Post
    What level do you make an effort to keep wisdom up for spells? I am level 6 and bought a cloak of wisdom to use cure wounds spell to use with empower spell. I don't have near your health or spell points somehow. I haven't had any major walls yet though.

This build kinda reminds me of a pathfinder class called inquisitor.
    I'll see if I can do a breakout of my spell points and hit points at level 6 in the next few days. I didn't really have to worry about wisdom at that level because I started with 10 and received 2 from ship buffs for a total of 12 which is enough wisdom until I get my 1750 favor and can respec with 32 point build.

At level 6 I didn't really have anything special although a 10 hit point blue augment did drop in one of the videos - not sure the level. If you don't have ship buffs that could be part of the difference. The important buffs are fairly low level so you should be able to find a guild that already has these buffs or will earn the buffs shortly. What server are you on?

I was very dependent on my hireling for heals at that level. Also, be sure to get cure serious wounds potion from the guild potion vendor in House K. Many of the cleric hirelings at that level also have divine vitality which you can use to recharge your spell points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghop15 View Post
    Woo hoo. Third run is the charm. Got the Kobald Admiral's Uniform. Sweet.
    Gratz!
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 09-06-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    I'll see if I can do a breakout of my spell points and hit points at level 6 in the next few days. I didn't really have to worry about wisdom at that level because I started with 10 and received 2 from ship buffs for a total of 12 which is enough wisdom until I get my 1750 favor and can respec with 32 point build.

At level 6 I didn't really have anything special although a 10 hit point blue augment did drop in one of the videos - not sure the level. If you don't have ship buffs that could be part of the difference. The important buffs are fairly low level so you should be able to find a guild that already has these buffs or will earn the buffs shortly. What server are you on?

I was very dependent on my hireling for heals at that level. Also, be sure to get cure serious wounds potion from the guild potion vendor in House K. Many of the cleric hirelings at that level also have divine vitality which you can use to recharge your spell points.
    Cannith. I need tp join a guild, haven't done that yet.

Community Member

I don't have near your health or spell points somehow..
    Here is a break-down:

Constitution
    Starting: 14
    Item: 2
    Ship Buff (Old Sully's Grog Cellar guild Level 17): 2
    Total = 18

Heroic Durability (auto-granted to all characters at level 1): 30
    Improved Heroic Durability (auto-granted to all characters at level 5, 10 and 15): 5
    Paladin Levels (10x4): 40
    Rogue Levels (6x2): 12
    Ship Buff (Hag's Apothocary Guild level 45): 20
    Constitution Bonus: (4 x 6 levels): 24
    Hit Point Item (Rugged Belt): 5
    Profane Hit Point Item (Marguerite's Necklace): 7
    Sacred Defender Points (1 x 6): 6
    Total Hit Points Outside Reaper: 149

Reaper Bonuses:
    Reaper Defense 1: 10
    Points Spent on Grim Barricade Tree (1x8): 8

Total Hit Points In Reaper: 168

Oddly I was only showing 145 hit points at the beginning of level 6 so something is not stacking properly.

By the end of level 6 I earned 2 reaper points as I repeated all the level 1 and 2 quests. I also upgraded my con item to a +3. One of my points in grim barricade was also spent on a point of constitution bringing my constitution to 20 inside reaper.

So inside reaper my hit points went up another 8 for the 2 points spent and another 6 for the extra constitution bringing my total hit points to 182 inside reaper.

For spell points this is what I had:

Magical Training (level 3 feat): 80
    Ship Buff (Arcane Sanctum Guild Level 28): 25
    4 Paladin Levels: 20
    Total: 125

On top of this ship buffs add alot of power at lower levels that you are missing out on so I highly recommend you find a guild. Check out the guild area on the Cannith Server forum and consider posting a request to join a guild in the main Cannith forum.

Community Member

So I messed up I went to high above reaper for borderlands. I bought the Underdark expansion with lesser tome of learning so I'll prob just skip ahead.

Community Member

Default Thank You Sarlona and SSG!

I just want to drop a quick thank you to the wonderful people on Sarlona I had the privilege to run with this life. I ran most of my heroic life solo, but during epic levels I mostly grouped up with others.

A special thanks to Kronovere and Shylie who ran most of the level 30 reapers with me on R4. We usually do our reaper runs at higher skulls and with a more balanced party, The main reason we weren't balanced is because I often take on the crowd control role, but was running a more suitable first-life build instead. I appreciate them being willing to lower the skull level and run without the proper roles. They are outstanding players and even better people.

I also joined several raids/groups and want to thank the following Sarlona guilds which invited me to or allowed me to join their public raids or challenges:

- Guardians of House Cannith (my guild - we ran many raids with just the 3 of us)
    - Beauty The Beast
    - The Wuflepack
    - High Lords of Malkier
    - Black Blood
    - Dirty Old Men
    - SwordCoat
    - Scars of the Moon

I didn't get to join the Easily Distracted gaming community due mostly to scheduling issues this life, but they provide raiding to the whole community regardless of guild which I really appreciate and thank them for. I look forward to running with them next life.

And of course I want to thank SSG for providing the free quest coupon and expansion discounts - a very unexpected, but appreciated gesture. I also appreciated the opportunity to participate in hardcore season III to earn my reaper cloak and a few extra DDO points. This was also highly appreciated and was very fun!

I hope many people trying out the game decide to subscribe or upgrade to premium if they can afford it. If you can't afford it - don't worry - you can enjoy this game for free!

I will be posting a summary of all the things earned this life simply by playing the game and having fun in another thread shortly.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 09-11-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Community Member

Default Consider Upgrading to Premium or VIP Before Reincarnating

Before you reincarnate it's a great time to consider upgrading from free-to-play.

First and most importantly, you can fully experience and enjoy the game for free if you can't afford to make any purchases. However, if you can afford to make some upgrades and support the game that would be great. Making any purchase will permanently upgrade you to premium which provides 2 additional character slots, removes the low-level platinum limits and sets your limit to a little over 4 million, allows 50 auctions at a time instead of 1, and provides you with monster manual volume I which allows you to earn points and experience. It also grants access to the astral shard auction house and at some point astral shards will drop for you with a silver dice roll so that you can start selling items.

Based on your budget there are many options to choose from:

Low-Budget Options (All of these unlock premium permanently)

OPTION 1:Cheapest Option: $7.99 600 DDO points purchase (700 points during double bonus points sale)

OPTION 2: Best Option: The Dungeon and Dragons Online Starter Pack from the DDO Market for $9.99 which includes:
    • A level 3 permanent cleric hireling with divine vitality. Every 5 minutes you can summon her to restore your spell points and then dismiss her.
    • 5 3-hour 30% Experience Elixirs per server.
    • 250 DDO Points

With this starter pack option you will get the hireling and experience on your main server and hardcore and then can eventually transfer the items to your main server to get double rewards effectively. Hardcore season 3 allows access to non-VIPS, but it's uncertain if this will be the case in the future.

OPTION 3: 1 Month VIP Subscription: $14.99 and includes 500 points (as part of the 500 points per month perk)
    • Allows you to open on elite/reaper your 2nd life for the next 30 days.
    • 10% VIP Experience Bonus for 30 Days

Medium-Budget Options (All of these unlock premium permanently)

OPTION 1: Purchase the newest expansion from the DDO Market - currently Feywild which will be available in a few weeks (expected to be around $40)
    • New expansions are generally not available for DDO points for 3-6 months after release. So this is the only way to enjoy an expansion pack when it's first released. At the time of this posting, a feywild expansion is expected to be released in the DDO Market within a few weeks.
    • The expansion packs generally include races, iconics and or enhancement trees that aren't available in the DDO for quite some time
    • Expansions often come with perks not available in the DDO Store
    • I don't recommend this for newer or casual players because the recent raid design is tilted towards experienced power gamers with powerful characters even on Normal difficulty. It is difficult to find the "Too Hot To Handle" raid for example and random pick-up groups often fail this raid. If you are in a raiding guild you should look at this, otherwise I wouldn't make a cash purchase for this expansion.

OPTION 2: Best Option: $59.99 6300 Point Purchase (8850 points during double bonus points sale)
    • This will allow you to purchase the Ravenloft and Sharn expansions for 4990 points
    • This gives you points towards the purchase of 3995 10th anniversary of free to play launch bundle which includes a supreme +8 tome, shared bank space upgrade and a true heart of blood (20 tokens of the twelve). If you buy while there is a double points special it covers 3860 of the 3995 point cost. At the time of this posting a double bonus point sale is active for 2 more days.

Higher-Budget Options (All of these unlock premium permanently)

I won't list options here as people with higher budgets might want to buy multiple things. First and foremost if you plan to play this game for 15 hours per week and have the budget, VIP is a very good deal. In addition to gaining full access to hardcore you can open on elite, gain a 10% VIP bonus for XP and gain access to most races and classes.

The higher tier expansions often include perks increasing character power and convenience items such as teleport clickies to go right to the expansion area.

The $199.99 DDO point purchase option provides the most points per $ spent. If you have the budget for this option it will allow you to purchase the 10th anniversary of free to play launch bundle which includes a supreme +8 tome, shared bank space upgrade and a true heart of blood (20 tokens of the twelve). In addition you can buy races/classes/iconics as they go on sale and purchase convenience items such as additional inventory space, additional bank space and better storage bags.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 09-11-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Community Member

Default Level 30 Summary and Full Listing of What I Earned This Life

At level 30 I mostly ran quests on Reaper 4 Skull and some raids with 2 friends. I also joined a few public raids and ran a few quests for final favor-clean-up. I earned over 300,000 reaper xp at level 30.

Video Support: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4ah_3k1M2VXXeX

I earned all favor rewards currently available in the game except the falconry tree due mostly to logistical issues. Earning the Falconry tree requires completion of the twilight forge pre-raid which we know how to complete, but interest level in that pack is very low among my friends and a few others will need this pre-raid shortly. Since I am not in a hurry to get the falconry tree we decided to postpone running this pre-raid until a few other people were ready to run it - possibly next life for me. The pre-raid can be solo'd with some builds, but not this build since hirelings are not allowed.

DDO Point Update
    100-favor run on 7 servers: 875
    2300-favor on Hardcore: 925
    6300-favor on main server: 2,325
    Menace of the Underdark Expansion Purchase: -99
    The Shadowfell Conspiracy Purchase: -99
    Shared Bank Purchase: -1121
    Epic Destinies Purchase: -995
    Warforged Purchase: -248
    Grand Total: 1.563 Available Points

Permanent Account Unlocks Earned (DDO Points)
    • Menace of the Underdark Expansion
    • The Shadowfell Conspiracy Expansion
    • Shared Bank Access
    • Epic Destinies
    • Warforged

Permanent Server Unlocks Earned on Sarlona
    • Drow Race
    • 32-Point Build
    • Favored Soul Class
    • Veteran Status II (Ability to start new characters at level 7)
    • Artificer Class

Permanent Character Unlocked Earned on This Character
    • Vistani Enhancement Tree
    • Inquisitive Enhancement Tree
    • Harper Agent Enhancement Tree

Key Items Earned Permanently on This Character
    • Key to Eveningstar (teleport clicky to Eveningstar)
    • Small Augment Bag
    • Large Ingredient Bag
    • Large Gem Bag
    • Large Collectable Bag
    • +5 Constitution Tome
    • +2 Intelligence Tome
    • Lesser and Greater Harper Pins
    • Death Walker' Cloak III (For Earning 10 reaper points on the hardcore server)

With my current DDO point balance I will easily earn one more expansion next life.

Reaper Status Update
    372,285 Reaper XP
    19 Reaper Points

From a pace perspective, this would mean running R1 while heroic leveling and R4 at level 30 would earn you reaper wings (75 points) in roughly 15 lifes.

Crafting Update
    Crafting XP: 142,142
    Crafting Level: 219
    Essences Earned This Life: Just Under 40,000
    Essences Used to Level-Up Crafting: Approximately 35,000
    Collectables Earned
    Tier 1
    • Rare: 54
    • Uncommon: 233
    • Common: 783

Tier 2
    • Rare: 98
    • Uncommon: 377
    • Common: 1350

Tier 3
    • Rare: 62
    • Uncommon: 179
    • Common: 889

Tier 4
    • Rare: 12
    • Uncommon: 47
    • Common: 122

Tier 5
    • Rare: 12
    • Uncommon: 60
    • Common: 173

Tier 6
    • Rare: 8
    • Uncommon: 32
    • Common: 141

Tier 1-3 are much higher because even in higher level quests "bag drops" tend to be lower-level collectables. I also earned 11 small eberron dragonshard fragments which can be converted into purified eberron dragonshards for crafting.

From a resource scarcity perspective, essences are relatively easy to get if you break down items for essences. Most Collectables and purified eberron dragonshards are harder to obtain so you should use these judiciously.

Raiding: 320 Threads of Fate earned
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 09-11-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Community Member

Default Reincarnation Back to 1, Starting Stats for Life 2 and Changes For Life 2

Overall I was very happy with how the build worked out. The only major change I made to the build which I previously updated in my posts is that I will take Sovereign Host for the deity at level 3 this life. The primary reason for this is my major nemesis this life was plague reaper and Sovereign Host gives me Unyielding Sovereignty at level 8 (level 6 paladin) which restores me to full health completely ignoring the plague reaper debuff if I have it. this will be a huge boost to my self-healing in reaper mode.

I will continue to run 4 levels over on R1 one more life to see how much unyielding sentinel helps and then starting with life #3 I will run 2 levels over on R1 and move up to R3 starting at level 12.

For the next several lifes I plan to double up on epic past lifes. In other words I plan to run to 30, epic TR back to 20 and run to 30 again before running my level 30 R4 quests. This will help me build up power a little quicker. I am able to do this now that I accumulated so many heart seeds from the R4 run at level 30.

Life 2 starting stats (reflects 34 point build)

Class: Rogue
    Race: Human
    Feats: Two-Handed Fighting, Insightful Reflexes
    Starting Stats: 34 Point Build

Str: 16
    Dex: 8
    Con: 14
    Int: 14
    Wis: 14
    Cha: 14

Skill Points

Class Skills (1 point per rank)
    Balance: 4
    Bluff: 4
    Disable Device: 4
    Haggle: 4
    Jump: 4
    Open Lock: 4
    Search: 4
    Spot: 4
    Tumble: 2
    Use Magic Device: 4

Cross-Class Skills (1 point per 1/2 rank)
    Concentration: 2 (4)
    Heal: 1 (2)

One interesting note. I TR'd with just under 20k platinum to see what would happen. I didn't lose my platinum - but I was unable to add to it. So it appears you can rollover your platinum, but you won't be able to earn anything until you reach a higher level. DDOwiki indicates that when you TR your platinum is capped at 1250, but this is not what I experienced. I kept my platinum.

I had a blast and really appreciate the encouraging words posted on the youtube videos and in this thread. Over the next several months I will replace any videos that had issues (a few were accidently recorded with no sound). I will also add videos for any quests/raids I missed - most notably some quests in the high teens. Kronovere, Shylie and I are going to start running Riding the Storm out on Legendary Normal with the 3 of us. I will post those videos once we have it down a little better. It's a bit of a challenging raid to do with 3, but should get easier once the expansion is released as player power at level cap will go up.

DDO Purchase Priorities:
    Mists of Ravenloft Expansion
    Masterminds of Sharn Expansion
    10th Anniversary of Free-To-Play Launch Bundle
    Monster Manual I and II

This will take approximately 6 lifes.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 09-13-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Community Member

Thank you for making this. I bought an expansion so I'm leveling faster but just following on elite. I'm currently 8 and having a smooth run.

Community Member

With this Crystal Cove event on now, I want to try and farm this Treasure Hunter's Spyglass for the bonuses to Search, Spot, and Disable Device. Never done the event before but I think I'm getting the gist of it. Level 7 so going to do the Kobald Assault on Reaper 1 with a grog to farm doubloons and Treasure Map Pieces.

Community Member

With this Crystal Cove event on now, I want to try and farm this Treasure Hunter's Spyglass for the bonuses to Search, Spot, and Disable Device. Never done the event before but I think I'm getting the gist of it. Level 7 so going to do the Kobald Assault on Reaper 1 with a grog to farm doubloons and Treasure Map Pieces.
    Great suggestion! Yes this is probably the best item available to the build.

Thank you for making this. I bought an expansion so I'm leveling faster but just following on elite. I'm currently 8 and having a smooth run.
    Fantastic - glad it's working out. The plague reapers are especially difficult enemies although I am finding the unyielding sovereignty is helping alot on life #2 as quick way to fill up my hp in an emergency. I may have over-emphasized reaper and people should definitely drop down to elite if they are finding reaper un-fun. Joining a reaper group at level 30 will get you way more reaper xp than you will get at heroic.

Community Member

So, during the crystal cove event I got the Treasure Hunter's spyglass for Level's 8,12, and 16. That is pretty handy so far.

When the Night Revels was on, I spent all my time farming ingredients so I could get Crystallized Eternity due to it being immune to damage from oozes and rust monsters. I managed to get versions of the weapon for all levels from 4 to 28. I also decided to farm the Spectral Daggers at all levels, just in case I wanted to do a pure rogue in a future life.

With Night Revels over I'm back to advancing my character again. I'm doing things a little different from your guide though. I've been doing quests on normal and hard that match my character's level. So now I am level 8, I will be doing all quests on Normal and Hard that are level 8 (exception being Slave Lords with that being normal.) My reason for doing this is for a bit of challenge so I'm not bored and to get Mysterious Remnants when killing champions on hard.

I'm also going to follow your guides advice to do Ruins of Thernal at Level 8 on normal as well. Will maybe try it on hard too if I am feeling brave.

Community Member

So, during the crystal cove event I got the Treasure Hunter's spyglass for Level's 8,12, and 16. That is pretty handy so far.

When the Night Revels was on, I spent all my time farming ingredients so I could get Crystallized Eternity due to it being immune to damage from oozes and rust monsters. I managed to get versions of the weapon for all levels from 4 to 28. I also decided to farm the Spectral Daggers at all levels, just in case I wanted to do a pure rogue in a future life.

With Night Revels over I'm back to advancing my character again. I'm doing things a little different from your guide though. I've been doing quests on normal and hard that match my character's level. So now I am level 8, I will be doing all quests on Normal and Hard that are level 8 (exception being Slave Lords with that being normal.) My reason for doing this is for a bit of challenge so I'm not bored and to get Mysterious Remnants when killing champions on hard.

I'm also going to follow your guides advice to do Ruins of Thernal at Level 8 on normal as well. Will maybe try it on hard too if I am feeling brave.
    Great point on Crystallized Eternity! In retrospect I should have suggested running life 1 on normal, life 2 on hard, life 3 and elite and life 4 on reaper. Those first lifes go alot quicker without worrying about favor and the extra experience prepares people for reaper better.

Also, the best plan is the plan that works for you - appreciate you sharing your throughts!

Community Member

This woulda have been a Great Post if u made it ALOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! easier to find ur stuff.....Like posting ur Feats at the top instead of trying to find them in each level thread

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    The following quests were run at level 5:

Korthos

Keep on the Borderlands

The Harbor
    Normal + Hard
    At Character Level 5, you're running the Intro (Level 1) quests, and Level 2 on Hard? If this is for "new players", you should mention either that this is "late", or that your build is simply not very strong (and I have to doubt that latter).

Most lowbie quests can be solo'd w/ a hire on Elite at base level +2, so Korthos no later than 3 (and 1 & 2 are usually no problem), and Harbor 2's at character level 3-4.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev0 View Post
    This woulda have been a Great Post if u made it ALOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! easier to find ur stuff.....Like posting ur Feats at the top instead of trying to find them in each level thread
    Hi, thank you for the feedback. My goal was to make a guide by level, but this is a good idea. I will work on consolidating some of the build into the first post as a reference.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    At Character Level 5, you're running the Intro (Level 1) quests, and Level 2 on Hard? If this is for "new players", you should mention either that this is "late", or that your build is simply not very strong (and I have to doubt that latter).

Most lowbie quests can be solo'd w/ a hire on Elite at base level +2, so Korthos no later than 3 (and 1 & 2 are usually no problem), and Harbor 2's at character level 3-4.
    Hello,

This project was done on a brand new free-to-play account with no $ spent. As a result I had to run all quests normal + hard before running elite. Additionally I was trying to earn a +5 stat tome with 5000 favor so there was no benefit from bravery bonus as it isn't factored into rxp and I was always capped before finishing the all the quests I wanted to complete.

My plan was to run quests on reaper 4 over the level as it's the sweet spot for entry into reaper and since I was only using gear I earned on this character or bought from the plat AH with plat I earned on this character. The extra 2 levels was a tremendous benefit as I was generally undergeared for the level. The idea is that in the long run it's better to run reaper 4 over vs. elite 2 over and then at some point you can move to 2 levels over the level. The difference in rxp is about 3% vs. running 2 levels above since bravery bonus isn't factored into rxp. Quests that didn't have reaper available or scaled a bit harder were run on elite instead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

If you have VIP than you can very easily do these quests on Elite at base level +2 with this build.

But this build does work. I've been comfortable doing quests on Reaper at base level +4 (some at base level +3), which is way better than I was doing with other builds I tried. Just got my fifth reaper point at Level 9 and doing great so far.

Community Member

So, once I got to Level 10 I decided to do the Ravenloft quests on normal and hard. From one of my previous characters before running this build I ran this Level 10 quests on Reaper with a Tiefling alchemist who was kind enough to pass the loot to me since it was my first life. He gave me Flightfoot Greaves, Mist Laden Vestment, and Lore Fueled Packbanner.

I decided to farm Into the Mists and Death House on Elite, since there is a better chance of finding named items on those difficulties. And I hit the jackpot. My gear at level 10 is as follows.

Goggles: Prudent Goggles of Accuracy (Wisdom+4, Accuracy+6, Level 5 random loot)
    Head: Memories of Charity
    Necklace: Platinum Prayer Beads
    Armor: Mist-laden Vestment
    Bracers: Lore Fueled Packbanner
    Gloves: Gloves of the Claw
    Belt: Vistani Fighter's Sash
    Cloak: Mantle of Fury
    Rings: Keylock Ring and Ring of the Mire
    Trinket: Treasure Hunter's Spyglass (DDO Wiki is inaccurate on skill bonuses)
    Weapon: Barovian Greatsword

I also got a Dawn's Herald-Charm but I am saving that for when I get some other Ravenloft items. Since I have 5 Ardent of the Mists items I get the set bonus too. I also inserted Topazs of Resistance 15 in the gear to bump up my resistances.

My power has gone through the roof. I was able to do Level 7 quests on Reaper Difficulty. Right now I am just finishing the Level 10 quests on Hard and then I am going to take Level 11.

Community Member

Default Bump

This great guide was totally buried.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast