Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Quick Update on Banking Accounts and Characters

By this level collectables are definitely overflowing if you haven't yet come up with a plan for storage outside of your medium collectable bag.

My banking plan includes 3 other free-to-play accounts with 3 characters on each account. Here is my storage plan with only the first 2 accounts currently in use for storage:

Account 1
    Character 1
    • Level 1-5 unbound gear
    • Tier 1 collectables stored in a medium collectable bag purchased by my main character and traded to this banking character

Character 2
    • Level 6-10 unbound gear
    • Tier 2 collectables stored in a medium collectable bag purchased by my main character and traded to this banking character

Character 3

• Level 21-25 unbound gear
    • Tier 5 collectables stored in a medium collectable bag purchased by my main character and traded to this banking character

Account 2

Character 1

• Level 11-15 unbound gear
    • Tier 3 collectables stored in a medium collectable bag purchased by my main character and traded to this banking character

Character 2

• Level 16-20 unbound gear
    • Tier 4 collectables stored in a medium collectable bag purchased by my main character and traded to this banking character

Character 3

• Level 26-30 unbound gear
    • Tier 6 collectables stored in a medium collectable bag purchased by my main character and traded to this banking character

Account 3
    Character 1
    • Level 31+ unbound gear
    • Any extra ingredients stored in a medium or large ingredient bag purchased/earned by my main character and traded to this banking character

Character 2
    • Rare filigree plus any non-rare filigree I may use
    • TBD

Character 3

• Rare filigree plus any non-rare filigree I may use
    • TBD

Bound-to-character large bags can be earned by finding planar shards in the Subterrane wilderness and a few quests (see wiki page here: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Planar_Shard)

An unbound large ingredient bag is given for Twelve favor. A small augment bags is given for Keepers of the Feather favor.

Also, if you plan to reincarnate you will need to either spend your platinum or level up a banking character on another account to 13 so you can trade the platinum before reincarnating which resets your plat limit to the level 1 limit of 1250.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 07-01-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Community Member

Default Quick Update on Reaper XP and Plan for Reaper

My character earned his fifth reaper point at level 11. The sixth reaper point will add 20 hit points that also counts outside reaper quests and I am likely to earn it during level 13.

Level 7 quests on reaper was the first time I saw a famine reaper use Cyclonic Blast and Necrotic Ray. The wiki indicates those start at level 8 and 9 but I saw both in level 7 dungeons on R1 and R2 during level 11. The largest cyclonic blast # I saw was around 200 and the largest necrotic ray I saw was over 100 after my -30 negative healing amp was factored in. So this is some big damage that doesn't one-hit us as we had around 300 hit points after taking our 5th reaper point at level 11, but it definitely made us vulnerable to another big hit from the reaper or a champion.

The wiki indicates cyclonic blast has reflex a save, but when I make my save I still take half damage is well over 100 - so I am not able to evade the damage despite there being a reflex save opportunity. We should improve against necrotic ray with an extra -30 negative healing amp in tier 5 of Knights of the Chalice.

We have 3 cleaves for big fights with Holy Retribution being very powerful but with a 30-second cooldown. This should help with packs of champions/reapers.

On average the enemies hit much harder in level 7 reapers than level 6 reapers. The most important aspect of this game is to enjoy it - so if you aren't comfortable with reaper just drop down to elite and pick back up reaper later. You get the same favor with reaper/elite and there is no rush to get reaper points if you aren't enjoying it.

At the same time when we get our 6th point we have 20 extra hit points even outside reaper so that would be an ideal time to stop running reapers if you choose to do so.

Based on feedback, starting with level 12 I plan to show the rxp for each quest.

RXP is computed as follow (50+3 *(quest level on normal) * (number of skulls) It's then multiplied by a length bonus which varies by quest (.8 short, 1 medium, 1.2 long, 1.4 very long)

So for level 8 quests run at level 12 the base rxp is as follows:

1 Skull: 74
    2 Skull: 98 (32% increase vs 1 skull)
    3 Skull: 122 (65% increase vs 1 skull)

For level 9 quests it will be as follows

1 Skull: 77
    2 Skull: 104 (35% increase vs 1 skull)
    3 Skull: 131 (70% increase vs 1 skull)

So as you go up levels you get a higher payback for increasing skulls which is why I ran some 2 skull quests the last 2 levels. However, this game is a marathon and not a sprint. It's more important that you just continue to make progress at your own pace and comfort level while having fun. As you add reaper points the reaper quests will get easier and easier each time you reincarnate.

The base rxp is increased by all the bonuses in your xp report except heroic and epic xp learning tomes (smashing barrels, traps, monster kills, etc.) which only impact that type of xp (heroic xp or epic xp). It is then multiplied by the length bonus which isn't published but can be reverse engineered if you really interested in it by applying all the bonuses to base rxp to determine xp before the length bonus. The -10% is part of the xp adjustments in your xp report and ends up being less than 10% since there are so many bonuses making the total way over 100%. The grand total is multiplied the total of all overall xp boosts (ship buff 5%, voice of the master 5%, vip 10%, xp potions)

When I reach level 18 and max out heroic xp I will take 20 and run the remaining heroics on elite for favor and xp during 20 and 21 to start working on epic destinies - not worrying about reaper xp at that point until 30. There is a lock-out so it's not possible to run heroic quests on reaper once you reach 20.

At level 30 I will run all the level 30s in a group- preferably on R4-R6 for which will set me up nicely for next life with reaper points so I can run all reaper quests 2 levels above the level. This will significantly increase our reaper xp. I would suggest not joining an R7-R10 group as a first-life character for your level 30 quests unless you know the people and the group has the traditional roles - tank, cc, healing, debuffing.

For heroic leveling you should be fine joining a group up to R4 as quests are generally much easier with a full group. I wanted to show all my runs solo for this project as it's not always possible to find groups.

Most importantly remember this plan is customizable. If you are finding reaper too difficult you can run on elite 4 levels over. If you are finding elite 4 levels over too difficult try elite 6 levels over. You will not have any problems getting enough experience getting to 20 or 30. So find a pattern that works for you and gives you the most enjoyment. With time your character will continue to get more powerful and these quests will get easier.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 07-05-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Community Member

Thank you for all this information, this guide is amazing. Also, with there Summer Sails on they have heroic learning tomes at 70% off. Is that a good investment?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghop15 View Post
    Thank you for all this information, this guide is amazing. Also, with there Summer Sails on they have heroic learning tomes at 70% off. Is that a good investment?
    If you want to get through heroic lifes as quick as possible it's a good deal. If you want to run for 5k or so favor every life you likely won't need any extra heroic xp. The heroic xp tome doesn't help with reaper xp at all so the only thing it will do is help you level from 1 to 20 faster.

With a heroic tome you can run fewer quests each level but will also earn less favor. So it depends mainly on what your main goal is.

For myself I want to run most of the quests so I won't really benefit much from the tome as I will probably be capped before I finish each level anyhow.

On the other hand if getting to 20 fast is your goal it's a really good investment as it's a permanent boost to xp, but keep in mind since you likely average about 400% base xp with bonuses, 25% of base xp is more like a 6-7% total xp boost not 25%.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 07-03-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Folund View Post
    i like heavy armor :/, hope it will not lower my ability to pick lock and open lock.
    It won't. (And those are the same thing; guessing you mean Open Lock and Disable Device. )

Many armors (and shields) have an "Armor Check Penalty", which can be seen on the item description if you mouse-hover (and if you look it up on the Wiki). ACP directly affects several "rogue-ish" skills, but trapping is not among them.

Armor/shields can also have a "Max Dex Bonus", but that does not affect modifiers to Dex-based skills (e.g. Open Lock). Disable Device is Int-based (as is Search, and Spot is Wis-based), so no problems there, either way.

Community Member

Default A quick update on DDO Points

I recently purchased shared bank space (the base that comes with 30 spaces) for 1121 points on sale. This effectively gives me 190 storage spaces for bound to account items as I can create 2 more accounts with 80 spaces total plus the 30 spaces that come with shared bank.

So my earnings thus far which includes first-time bonuses are:

100-favor run on 7 servers: 875
    400-favor on Hardcore: 200
    1800-favor on main server: 700

Total Points Earned: 1,775

Spending so far is:

Menace of the Underdark Expansion: 99
    The Shadowfell Conspiracy: 99
    Shared Bank: 1121

Total Spending: 1319

This leaves me with 456 which is exactly what shows up in my DDO store account.

Unfortunately the purchase of shared bank doesn't give me the flexibility to take advantage of the July Summer Sales unless epic destinies goes on sale, but on the other hand nothing else I purchase is as helpful as shared bank and epic destinies so I am ok with it.

I plan on finishing up level 15 - 19 quests at level 20 so I can earn some epic xp and start filling out my epic destinies. Assuming I get to at least 4000 favor by 20 I would earn another 850 points giving me a total of 1,306 by 20 which is more than I need for epic destinies.

Community Member

Default Questing @ Level 12 and Taking Level 13

The following quests were run at level 12:

House Phiarlan
    In Need of Supplies - R1
    The Rescue - R1
    The Church and the Cult - Normal + Hard
    The Keeper's Sanctuary - Normal + Hard

Necropolis
    Tomb of the Shadow Knight - R1
    Tomb of the Shadow Lord - R1
    Tomb of the Shadow Guard - R1
    Tomb of the Shadow King - R1

House Deneith
    Spies in the House - R1
    Stormcleave Outpost - R1
    The Temple Outpost: Captives of the Cult - R1
    The Temple Outpost: The Libram of the Six - R1

House Kundarak
    The Prisoner - R1
    Tharashk Arena - R1
    Caverns of Korromar - R1
    Stromvauld's Mine - R1
    Gateway to Khyber - Hard
    The Jungle of Khyber - Hard
    Haywire Foundry - Normal + Hard
    The Claw of Vulkoor - Hard
    Fathom the Depths - Hard
    The Last Stand - Hard
    Into the Deep - Hard

House Jorasco
    Haunted Library - R1
    Path to Madness - R3
    Thrall of the Necromancer - R1

Gatekeeper's Grove
    White Plume Mountain - Normal + Hard

Most Difficult Quests I ran
    Path to Madness R3: This was mainly due to being run on R3 vs. R1 which I did as a trial balloon. What I found is my character could handle the difficulty but my hireling could not and my self-healing needs improvement so I need the hireling to stay alive.

Favor Earned: 141 (1830 total)
    DDO Points Earned: 50 (standard bonus for earning 1700 and 1800 favor on a character)

Notable items earned
    • Wisdom 5, Will Save 4, Dodge 6% Cloak (auction house purchase)
    • Necklace of Contemplation : Min :Level 1, Concentration +5, Hit Points +10, Attack Bonus +1 - great reincarnation item - End Chest of Caverns of Korromar
    • Min level 10 absolute min level 4 Vitality 12, Cold Resistance 15 light armor with blue and yellow slot - chest drop - will possibly use for crafting in the future.
    • Greater Crafting Experience Elixir - Earned from crafting tutorial and can be passed via shared bank
    • Voice of the Master: End Reward from Delera's Chain. My extra voice of the master and extra mantle of the worldshaper can be crafted into a an augment that provides a 5% xp bonus once I get the needed epic materials
    • Black Opal Bracers: Heroism, Magical Sheltering 13, Will +4, ethereal which can be used in a future life if I am a class that doesn't gain ghost touch automatically
    • +1 to +2 Upgrade Tome of Dexterity - can't use right now but can be used if get a +1 dexterity tome or used for cannith crafting

Video support (playlist): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fXV3T1UaLLS9TH

Leveling Up

Level Up Stat: None
    Feats: None

Class Skills (1 point per rank)

Concentration: +0 (2 total)
    Heal: +0 (2 total)

Cross-Class Skills (1 point per 1/2 rank)

Balance: +0 (5 total)
    Bluff: +0 (5 total)
    Disable Device: +1 (16 total)
    Haggle: +0 (5 total)
    Jump: +0 (5 total)
    Open Lock: +0 (5 total)
    Search: +1 (16 total)
    Spot: + 1 (11 total)
    Tumble: +0 (2 total)
    Use Magic Device: +0 (5 total)

Current Enhancements after Taking Level

Knights of the Chalice
    Cores
    - Slayer of Evil
    - Courage of Heaven
    - Slayer of Evil II
    Tier 1
    - Holy Combatant
    - Improved Second Strikes x 3
    Tier 2
    - Adept Combatant
    - Divine Might x 3
    - Critical Mastery x3
    - Exalted Cleave
    - Melee Power Boost
    Tier 3
    - Holy Combatant
    - Charisma
    Tier 4
    - Knights Training
    - Censure Demons
    - Vigor of Life
    Tier 5
    - Ascendancy
    - Censure Outsiders
    - Vigor of Life
    - Avenging Cleave
    - Holy Retribution

Sacred Defender
    Cores
    - Holy Bastion
    - Sacred Defense
    Tier 1
    - Extra Lay on Hands x3 (1 tier is new)
    - Durable Defense x3
    Tier 2
    - Resilent Defense 3 (1 tier is new)

Human
    Core
    - Skill Boost
    Tier 1
    - Improved Recovery (New)

Plan for Upcoming Level
    - Run most level 9s on R1 with a few run on elite
    - Run level 10 quests on Normal + Hard
    - Remaining Level 8 Slave Lord quests on Elite

Notable For New Level
    - Cure Moderate Wounds now in spellbook which significantly boosts healing
    - 100% chance for resurrection scrolls
    - Energy Resistance spells now provide 30 resistance instead of 20

Community Member

Hi. Thanks for making this guide. I am new to DDO and probably would have quit if it wasn't for this.
    I am currently on this video "DDO FTP Ep 4.7 - Harbor Run Part 4 + Marketplace Run" at the start you put lay of hands on your action bars.
    You have 2 uses of it per rest. I only have 1. I have followed your guide to the letter. Why do I only have 1 use??
    Edit: You also have 2 uses of smite, while again I have 1. What have I done wrong??
    Last edited by Skullithor; 07-04-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skullithor View Post
    Hi. Thanks for making this guide. I am new to DDO and probably would have quit if it wasn't for this.
    I am currently on this video "DDO FTP Ep 4.7 - Harbor Run Part 4 + Marketplace Run" at the start you put lay of hands on your action bars.
    You have 2 uses of it per rest. I only have 1. I have followed your guide to the letter. Why do I only have 1 use??
    Edit: You also have 2 uses of smite, while again I have 1. What have I done wrong??
    Hi, thank you for the kind words.

The most likely reason is guild ship buffs. I get +1 lay on hands and smite evil from the level 33 buff Black Abbot's Shadow. If you aren't in a guild you can advertise looking for a guild on the server guild page in the forums. If you happen to be on Sarlona I am happy to invite you to our guild.

Being in a guild is extremely helpful - not just for the ship buffs - but for nice people willing to answer any questions you might have or to help you with a difficult quest, or to get an item, etc.

Here is a list of guild ship buffs: https://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airship

All of the important buffs are available before level 50 so finding a guild with people you are comfortable with is more important than guild level in the long run. It's also fun to be part of growing a guild if you join a lower level guild with some friends or people you enjoy running with.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 07-05-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    Hi, thank you for the kind words.

The most likely reason is guild ship buffs. I get +1 lay on hands and smite evil from the level 33 buff Black Abbot's Shadow. If you aren't in a guild you can advertise looking for a guild on the server guild page in the forums. If you happen to be on Sarlona I am happy to invite you to our guild.

Being in a guild is extremely helpful - not just for the ship buffs - but for nice people willing to answer any questions you might have or to help you with a difficult quest, or to get an item, etc.

Here is a list of guild ship buffs: https://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airship

All of the important buffs are available before level 50 so finding a guild with people you are comfortable with is more important than guild level in the long run. It's also fun to be part of growing a guild if you join a lower level guild with some friends or people you enjoy running with.
    I see. Yes my guild only just got their airship. So only have 1 or 2 buffs for now. Thanks for the invite, I would if I was on your server. So far guildies seem nice. They offer to run things with me, but I am refusing currently because I am happy following your guide for now.

Another question. "For Questing @ Level 5 and Taking Level 6" You say you ran Housekeeping 4 times trying to get a trinket. I wish you showed a video for at least the epic run.
    I have done it on normal and hard, but I can't seem to survive on epic when doing the mirrors. I bet you have some tips for it that make it easier, like certain resist or a clicky or a potion. Or maybe you pick a different npc to help? I chose the one with the puzzles as that seemed easiest on normal/hard.
    My gear isn't too far off yours, just a slighty worse staff and I don't have the named chest you got. I bet all those buffs from your guild is making it a bit easier for you too.

Edit: Also I obtained a +2 open lock tome. Should I use it? bank it for later? sell it?
    1 more thing, when you take a level you often look to see if strength is an even or an odd number. What is that about?

Thankyou so much for making all this.
    Last edited by Skullithor; 07-05-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Community Member

Another question. "For Questing @ Level 5 and Taking Level 6" You say you ran Housekeeping 4 times trying to get a trinket. I wish you showed a video for at least the epic run.
    I have done it on normal and hard, but I can't seem to survive on epic when doing the mirrors. I bet you have some tips for it that make it easier, like certain resist or a clicky or a potion. Or maybe you pick a different npc to help?
    Apologies, I did record it but didn't post it since I failed to get the item I didn't think it would be of much interest and unfortunately deleted all my stuff before level 10 since my hard drive was full. I should have posted it. Good news you will get ghost touch on all your weapons automatically at level 8 so it's not a huge deal. You can just use the borderlands weapons on reapers until level 8.

The main thing with the mirrors is each mirror spawns a different mob so you want to start from the light and light up one mirror at a time which is the opposite way people usually do it by working backwards and lighting them all at once.

I had a resist cold 10 wand from the guild wand vendor for the hire and myself. Also, for the part with fire elementals on elite I used a bow even though my dps was weak. It took me twice as long on elite as hard at that level so it wasn't easy for me.

I bet all those buffs from your guild is making it a bit easier for you too.
    They make a big difference at lower levels but most of the power comes from the first 35 levels of buffs. Your guild will get those quickly.

Also I obtained a +2 open lock tome. Should I use it? bank it for later? sell it?

Thankyou so much for making all this.
    I would definitely use it.

when you take a level you often look to see if strength is an even or an odd number. What is that about?
    Odd #s are basically rounded down so 17 strength and 16 strength are basically the same providing +3 to attack and damage. So boosting a 17 by 1 gives a +4 attack and damage. All of the abilities work that way, the odd # doesn't help until you add one more.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 07-05-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTPDDO View Post
    Apologies, I did record it but didn't post it since I failed to get the item I didn't think it would be of much interest and unfortunately deleted all my stuff before level 10 since my hard drive was full. I should have posted it. Good news you will get ghost touch on all your weapons automatically at level 8 so it's not a huge deal. You can just use the borderlands weapons on reapers until level 8.

The main thing with the mirrors is each mirror spawns a different mob so you want to start from the light and light up one mirror at a time which is the opposite way people usually do it by working backwards and lighting them all at once.

I had a resist cold 10 wand from the guild wand vendor for the hire and myself. Also, for the part with fire elementals on elite I used a bow even though my dps was weak. It took me twice as long on elite as hard at that level so it wasn't easy for me.

They make a big difference at lower levels but most of the power comes from the first 35 levels of buffs. Your guild will get those quickly.

I would definitely use it.

Odd #s are basically rounded down so 17 strength and 16 strength are basically the same providing +3 to attack and damage. So boosting a 17 by 1 gives a +4 attack and damage. All of the abilities work that way, the odd # doesn't help until you add one more.
    Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to do it on elite since I posted. It was the beam of light from the mirrors killing me. I was running through it while fighting.
    I will use the tome. Cheers.

Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to do it on elite since I posted. It was the beam of light from the mirrors killing me. I was running through it while fighting.
    I will use the tome. Cheers.
    Congrats! That's awesome!

Community Member

Default Questing @ Level 13 and Taking Level 14

The following quests were run at level 13:

House Phiarlan
    In Need of Supplies - R1
    The Rescue - R1
    Secure The Area - R1
    The Library of Threnal - R1
    The Giant's Lair - Normal + Hard + R1 + R2
    The Giant's Supplies - Normal + Hard
    The Giant Lieutenants - Normal + Hard + R1 x 2

Necropolis
    The Shadow Crypt - Hard (Note: Because I made a mistake when taking the quests for hard I did not flag properly and had to run my hard run after the R1 flagging runs so I am not flagged for R1 - will skip it but it's not a PITA quest - this was just a mistake on my part)

House Deneith
    The Fane of the Six: Cleansing The Temple - R2
    The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate - R2

House Kundarak
    Gateway to Khyber - R2
    The Jungle of Khyber - R1
    Haywire Foundry - R1
    The Claw of Vulkoor - R1
    Fathom the Depths - R1
    The Last Stand - R1
    Into the Deep - R1
    Sykros Jewel - Normal + Hard
    Reclamation - Normal + Hard

Keepers of the Feather
    Into The Mists - Hard
    Death House - Normal + Hard
    Fresh Baked Dreams - Normal + Hard
    An Invitation to Dinner - Normal + Hard

Gatekeeper's Grove
    White Plume Mountain - R1
    Secret of the Slaver's Stockade - Elite
    Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords - Elite

Sands of Menechtarun
    The Chamber of Rahmat - Normal + Hard

The Restless Isles
    Hiding in Plain Sight - Normal + Hard
    Slavers of The Shrieking Mines - Normal + Hard
    Bring Me The Head of Ghola-Fan! - Normal + Hard

Most Difficult Quests I ran
    Jungle of Khyber R1: I was one-shot by a beholder disintegration for nearly 500 points of damage on a fortitude save roll of 1. The beholders in general were very challenging and the final fight was difficult.
    Haywire Foundry R1: Near wipe with double reaper spawn
    White Plume Mountain R1: Near wipe at optional - died but managed to get a raise just before hireling died
    Anything with Plague Reapers: I was hit by over 300 on a failed cyclonic blast save by a famine reaper one time but survived, however, plague reapers are my new #1 enemy - more lethal than carnage reapers and famine reapers at this level. The reaper hp went up quite a bit at this level (800+ hp) and the healing debuff combined with being slowed is tough to overcome unless they are stunned. The stun proc from Censure Outsiders is very helpful with reapers, however, it's only a 5% chance each hit so it can't be relied on.

Notable items earned
    Royal Guard Mask: Minimum Level 11 Helmet with Teleport Clicky - Bring me the Head of Ghola-Fan end chest
    Mystic Belt: Minimum Level 9 Belt with 2 shield clickys
    Twisted Talisman: 3 Clickys to give me 50 spell points each
    Raven's Sight + Raven's Talon: min level 7 glove/goggle set - Wisdom +5, Reflex + 4, Dexterity +5, Bluff +10, +10 artifact bonus to spot/search, +3 artifact bonus to hit and damage - for next life
    Good Luck + 1 Augment: Not currently in use but purchased from auction house
    Intelligence + 6, Deadly 5 Goggles: Purchased from auction house
    Slave Lord Crafted Bracers: Constitution 5, Resistance 4, Sunder 6, Quality Hit Point 4 - will use as main bracers and swap to search bracers as needed - this is to improve death proc from Holy Retribution in big fights

Video support (playlist): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9guFlx1Fk9APxV

Leveling Up

Level Up Stat: None
    Feats: None
    Spell Added: Level 3 Prayer

Concentration: +0 (2 total)
    Heal: +0 (2 total)

Balance: +0 (5 total)
    Bluff: +0 (5 total)
    Disable Device: +1 (17 total)
    Haggle: +0 (5 total)
    Jump: +0 (5 total)
    Open Lock: +0 (5 total)
    Search: +1 (17 total)
    Spot: + 1 (17 total) NEW: Note with lesser reincarnation my spot went up each level due to +2 int tome
    Tumble: +0 (2 total)
    Use Magic Device: +0 (5 total)

Current Enhancements after Taking Level

Knights of the Chalice
    Cores
    - Slayer of Evil
    - Courage of Heaven
    - Slayer of Evil II
    - Improved Courage of Heaven (New)
    Tier 1
    - Holy Combatant
    - Improved Second Strikes x 3
    Tier 2
    - Adept Combatant
    - Divine Might x 3
    - Critical Mastery x3
    - Exalted Cleave
    - Melee Power Boost
    Tier 3
    - Holy Combatant
    - Charisma
    Tier 4
    - Knights Training
    - Censure Demons
    - Vigor of Life
    Tier 5
    - Ascendancy
    - Censure Outsiders
    - Vigor of Life
    - Avenging Cleave
    - Holy Retribution

Sacred Defender
    Cores
    - Holy Bastion
    - Sacred Defense
    Tier 1
    - Extra Lay on Hands x3
    - Durable Defense x3
    Tier 2
    - Resilient Defense 3

Human
    Core
    - Skill Boost
    Tier 1
    - Improved Recovery
    - Human Adaptability: Strength (New)
    - Great Weapon Aptitude x1 (New)

Plan for Upcoming Level
    - Run at least half of level 10 quests on Reaper 1 and the rest on Elite
    - Run level 11 quests on Normal + Hard
    - Complete Ruins of Threnal chain on Elite

Notable For New Level
    - Immunity to Energy drain due to level 12 core in Knights of the Chalice
    - +6 Sunder due to new bracers to improve impact of Holy Retribution cleave
    - +28 hit points from 6th reaper point including 20 points outside of reaper quests

Reaper Update
    My original plan for life one was to get about 100,000 reaper points with 1/3 coming from heroic leveling and 2/3 coming from level 30 first-time runs. I've already exceeded the original heroic goal, but have probably run some quests on reaper that should be run on elite for a newer player - including Jungle of Khyber, Haywire Foundry and White Plume Mountain at this level. Total reaper xp: 37,012

Always keep in mind that this plan is customizable. If you find reaper too difficult drop back to elite @ 4 levels over for heroic leveling. If you find elite @ 4 levels over too difficult drop back to 6 levels over for elite. You will get significant reaper experience at level 30 running R4 with a group so there is no need to worry about reaper progress if you find it too difficult. Another option is try a few easier quests on reaper each level and run the rest on elite.

DDO Point Update
    100-favor run on 7 servers: 875
    400-favor on Hardcore: 200
    2000-favor on main server: 850
    Menace of the Underdark Expansion Purchase: -99
    The Shadowfell Conspiracy Purchase: -99
    Shared Bank Purchase: -1121
    Grand Total: 606

Favor Earned This Level: 198 (2028 total)
    DDO Points Earned This Level: 150 (standard bonus for earning 1900 and 2000 favor on a character plus a one-time server reward for reaching 2000 favor)

Other Notes
    I have some other commitments this week so my progress on level 14 will be slightly delayed
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 07-06-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Community Member

I can't use the +2 open lock tome because I don't have a +1 inherent bonus. Should I hang onto it or sell it?

Community Member

I can't use the +2 open lock tome because I don't have a +1 inherent bonus. Should I hang onto it or sell it?
    You might get a +1 open lock tome from the 3 barrel cove saga. If you are short on space you can just sell it. You will be able to get +3 skill tomes from epic sagas later so it's not a critical item.

Community Member

Let me know if I am annoying you with all my questions. I don't want to bother you too much.
    Could you please tell me what class/build and what quests you did to get 100 favor on the other servers.
    I see other guides on this, but I am very interested to know how you do it.

Community Member

Let me know if I am annoying you with all my questions. I don't want to bother you too much.
    Could you please tell me what class/build and what quests you did to get 100 favor on the other servers.
    I see other guides on this, but I am very interested to know how you do it.
    I tried a few different builds out during my favor runs. I still like THF for overall style, but I think either pure paladin or pure barbarian because you really don't need the trapping for the 100 favor run. You also start with an axe from the grotto. I ran Korthos N/H/E and then ran kobold new ringleader, bringing in the light and haverdasher N/H/E, but you can just run a bunch of normal quests also if you prefer that. alot of people skip misery's peak and run harbor quests instead.

Questions are great! If you have the question so does someone else.

19. 07-09-2020, 09:27 PM

Community Member

Default Shared Bank is on sale this week - 50% off- tremendous deal

I am disappointed that I bought it at 25% one week ago, but happy for all of you that can buy it for 50% off this week.

I will also be assessing whether I can squeeze in a purchase of warforged at 75% off on 7/16 (last day of the sale). I mainly want to make sure I don't miss out on an epic destiny sale as that is the only "must have" purchase I need when I reach 20.
    Last edited by FTPDDO; 07-10-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Community Member

Just noticed that in the initial creation part. Here in the forum you said to create the character with the following points.
    Balance: 4
    Bluff: 4
    Disable Device: 4
    Haggle: 4
    Jump: 4
    Open Lock: 4
    Search: 4
    Spot: 4
    Tumble: 1
    Use Magic Device: 4

Concentration: 1.5 (3)
    Heal: 2 (4)

But in the video you do
    Balance: 4
    Bluff: 4
    Disable Device: 4
    Haggle: 4
    Jump: 4
    Open Lock: 4
    Search: 4
    Spot: 4
    Tumble: 2 -- INSTEAD OF 1
    Use Magic Device: 4

Concentration: 2 (4) --- INSTEAD OF 1.5 (3)
    Heal: 1 (2) ---INSTEAD OF 2 (4)

I did the video version, but someone might use the forum version, and I don't know what effect this will have on their character.

Only noticed as I was creating another character for favor run. And although you said pure pally or barbarian was maybe better. I really don't know what stats and feats and stuff to pick with them. If you could let me know what to pick with them, I will try it out with future favor runs.
    So I am reusing the 2thief/pally build.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast