Exclamation Radiant Arc is broken as of last patch

The radiant arc in the quest Rainbow in the dark is not working properly. when equipped it flickers and doesnt illuminate the cavern. it doesnt matter which hand its in. and it doesnt matter if its 32 or 64 bit client. Also still has everbright listed on it and as of the last patch everbright was taken out of the game. this could be the cause for the malfunction. i encountered this on G'land server. i have also submitted a bug report on it via website.
    G'land Characters | Amastris of Thay - Leader of Crimson Lotus | Grevok The Maniacal - DC Caster Reaper/Raider
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Amastris View Post
    The radiant arc in the quest Rainbow in the dark is not working properly. when equipped it flickers and doesnt illuminate the cavern. it doesnt matter which hand its in. and it doesnt matter if its 32 or 64 bit client. Also still has everbright listed on it and as of the last patch everbright was taken out of the game. this could be the cause for the malfunction. i encountered this on G'land server. i have also submitted a bug report on it via website.
    Just started the quest and was wondering what was going on. Confirmed on my end...not working.
    Xevlen . Jibcutter . Pipehitter . Seanconnery-
    Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel

Just to confirm, you do not have a cosmetic weapon in the cosmetic slot?

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Just to confirm, you do not have a cosmetic weapon in the cosmetic slot?
    I ran Rainbow a couple days ago. When I picked up Radiant Arc with a cosmetic weapon equipped, no light. When I unequipped the cosmetic, the Arc illuminated the quest as usual.

Fireball wands are useful in there, as are some rune arms. The ball of fire lights the hallway as it travels, and while it lasts it provides much better illumination than the Arc does.

Community Member

Default Glamer effect?

Thinking about a glamer removing the Radiant Arc's illumination ability in Rainbow in the Dark makes me wonder if a glamer made FROM the Radiant Arc would give illumination to another weapon. Though it's a moot point if the Mirror of Glamering cannot be used in a dungeon.

I love the dark and creepy atmosphere of the dungeons, so I don't want to adjust my monitor when exploring. Does anyone have any knowledge on the topic of illumination without destroying the ambiance?
    Last edited by Tharl; 06-17-2020 at 09:50 AM.