Default Port Forwarding?

Is it worth it? The lag for me has been at times, unplayable.

PC specs are ridiculous, internet speed is 500mbps wired.

Can port forwarding help? Ive tried but im not that familiar with doing it. I get to my router and input the port numbers 9000-9058, then it wants ServerIP and ServerIPv6. This is where i get lost, are those numbers for my end or the games end?

Really would like to get the game running at least as smooth as it did in 2006 for me.... Or are the Devs just that incompetent or just not invested? Not a jab, honestly curious.

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Stales View Post
    Is it worth it?
    https://help.standingstonegames.com/...nnection-loss-

That's the best official answer I can find, but let me tell you: I don't think anybody in the modern day has to port forward this game. Good luck, hope it improves.

Guess they just dont care then. I mean, solo black loch, one room releases a horde of undead, for instant red alert, and you cannot do anything besides mash buttons and hope your killing stuff. Either your dead or you kill them and see damage numbers popping up 30 seconds later still.

Its embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stales View Post
    Guess they just dont care then. I mean, solo black loch, one room releases a horde of undead, for instant red alert, and you cannot do anything besides mash buttons and hope your killing stuff. Either your dead or you kill them and see damage numbers popping up 30 seconds later still.

Its embarassing.
    What do you have the connection speed set at in the troubleshooting section of the options menu? Automatic works it seems. Using one of the others might be a problem. I don't know. I hope you get this figured out. Good luck.