Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default -

So I've recently updated my system to a new processor, motherboard, ram, and GPU. Since the hardware changes, I've had no issues playing the game... until yesterday.
    After the patch (6/3/20), my game is freezing/locking up for 1-2 seconds every 20 seconds.
    I can actually watch the spell buff timers (like from Bless/Prayer/etc) count down, and every 20 seconds exactly the game will freeze.

Sitting in the character select menu when the game lags/locks up, it restarts the background menu music. 20 seconds later, the game freezes for a second or two, and the music starts over at the beginning again.
    Doesn't matter if I'm in character select or if I'm in-game, the same freezing problem occurs. Doesn't matter what character I'm on either.

Again- I had NO ISSUES on my PC BEFORE the 6/3 update.

I'm tried the following, none of which has fixed the issue:
    I am running as Administrator.
    Changed to the 32-bit client.
    Changed back to the 64-bit client.
    Changed to DirectX10/11.
    Reverted to DEFAULT settings.
    Enabled/Disabled EAX.
    Deleted the game cache.
    Deleted the entire client and reinstalled.
    Repaired Game Data via the launcher.
    Reinstalled DirectX.
    GPU drivers were up-to-date.
    Sound drivers were up-to-date.
    Full-screen, Full-screen windowed, Windows modes.
    A different DDO account.
    Disabling GeForce Experience overlay
    Disabling Discord
    Disabling antivirus software/firewalls
    Temporarily Port-Forwarding 2900-2910, 9000-9058 (didn't work; closed ports back after)

The only other thing that I can think is that maybe it's something with NVIDIA Control Panel... but everything in there is set to default and I have made no changes to that and had made no changes to it anyways.
    At this point, I'm 99% certain that it's something that was changed in the most recent update... I have no idea what change could've been made to cause this.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Velluminous; 08-06-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.
    Check my (far from complete) DDO walkthrough videos at Youtube.com/Velluminous

Community Member

Wish you had posted your fix. Having the same issue.

Community Member

I may be as well. Audio/video hiccup every 60 seconds.

Not sure if this helps, but I had similar issues a year or so back, which I traced to the video card over-heating resulting in an it's clock speed being reduced (nVidia self-protection mechanism) until it cooled sufficiently when the clock speed would increase again ... continually. Checking fan operation with either vendor-supplied utility or something like GPU-Z should help confirm if this is the cause in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by originalbod View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but I had similar issues a year or so back, which I traced to the video card over-heating resulting in an it's clock speed being reduced (nVidia self-protection mechanism) until it cooled sufficiently when the clock speed would increase again ... continually. Checking fan operation with either vendor-supplied utility or something like GPU-Z should help confirm if this is the cause in your case.
    Definitely not a video card overheating issue. My GPU temp is 54°C idle, and 56°C running DDO. I've got a GTX 2080 Super; This game doesn't stress the card at all.

I'm pretty sure this is an audio issue. For example: I have one Kingston HyperX headset. However, there are TWO HyperX headsets listed in the audio output for DDO.

Came back to this because my game is once again experiencing this 20 second hiccup after updating. The previous fix isn't working anymore, so I'm at a loss.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Velluminous View Post
    Definitely not a video card overheating issue. My GPU temp is 54°C idle, and 56°C running DDO. I've got a GTX 2080 Super; This game doesn't stress the card at all.

I'm pretty sure this is an audio issue. For example: I have one Kingston HyperX headset. However, there are TWO HyperX headsets listed in the audio output for DDO.

Came back to this because my game is once again experiencing this 20 second hiccup after updating. The previous fix isn't working anymore, so I'm at a loss.
    am having excatly same issues and im pretty sure its audio issue as well....just relived im not only person

Community Member

Hey all, I'm in the same boat. However, this has only started since the most recent patch.

Does anyone have any insight on how to resolve this issue? The game is nearly unplayable and very risky if (like me) you're on the Hardcore server.

What about media server hiccups? Is there shared media files, like music or movies on the computer? Everytime something, like a tv or phone, tablet, etc, gets turned on or joins the wifi, it might try to sync or at least pull a latest list of available devices with media and a list of said media. Try turning off media sharing somewhere somehow, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    What about media server hiccups? Is there shared media files, like music or movies on the computer? Everytime something, like a tv or phone, tablet, etc, gets turned on or joins the wifi, it might try to sync or at least pull a latest list of available devices with media and a list of said media. Try turning off media sharing somewhere somehow, idk.
    There is no media sharing going on with my PC. I'm not plugging in or unplugging anything (tablet/phone/etc). I'm hardwired LAN, so it's not WiFi.

There was another thread elsewhere where a person was having issues where DDO was somehow conflicting with some USB devices (not exactly sure why it was happening, just that it was) and unplugging extra devices fixed their issue. Couldn't say if this holds any relationship to whatever is going on with you, but unplugging everything but your mouse/keyboard just to check can't hurt.
    Last edited by rabidfox; 08-23-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    There was another thread elsewhere where a person was having issues where DDO was somehow conflicting with some USB devices (not exactly sure why it was happening, just that it was) and unplugging extra devices fixed their issue. Couldn't say if this holds any relationship to whatever is going on with you, but unplugging everything but your mouse/keyboard just to check can't hurt.
    The only USB devices I have plugged in are the mouse, keyboard, and headset. Unplugging the headset changed nothing.

The game is working fine for me again; Zero changes on my end to my hardware. I updated the game and it just stopped doing it.
    If it weren't for the fact that I did a repair, then did a complete reinstall, and additional troubleshooting, etc, I would assume that I had bad audio files for the game downloaded.

Community Member

Default a little necro?

forgive my necro , ( but i have a pm main so )
    i recently have incurred in the same problem
    tried everithing
    ( even on another pc )
    and cannot fix at all
    u solved the problem ?

Here is my problem
    I did a registry cleaner and was finally able to install the game but now i have a totally new and completely frustrating issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqfP3M_urVc

The game now pauses every second so it unplayable and the sounds keep looping.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Khroc View Post
    Any ideas?
    Screen mirroring? Twitch streaming? Framerate capture software? Display drivers settings? Despite the sound looping, it sounds (see what I did there? ) more like an interrupt problem instead of an audio problem. Meaning the computer is getting tasked repeatedly and is slowing down causing the symptoms you experience. In other words, something is trying very hard to get the computers attention from DDO. But what? Power save feature misfiring? Cpu graphics conflict with the discrete graphics card? Could be anything.

So I've recently updated my system to a new processor, motherboard, ram, and GPU. Since the hardware changes, I've had no issues playing the game... until yesterday.
    After the patch (6/3/20), my game is freezing/locking up for 1-2 seconds every 20 seconds.
    I can actually watch the spell buff timers (like from Bless/Prayer/etc) count down, and every 20 seconds exactly the game will freeze.

Sitting in the character select menu when the game lags/locks up, it restarts the background menu music. 20 seconds later, the game freezes for a second or two, and the music starts over at the beginning again.
    Doesn't matter if I'm in character select or if I'm in-game, the same freezing problem occurs. Doesn't matter what character I'm on either.

Again- I had NO ISSUES on my PC BEFORE the 6/3 update.

I'm tried the following, none of which has fixed the issue:
    I am running as Administrator.
    Changed to the 32-bit client.
    Changed back to the 64-bit client.
    Changed to DirectX10/11.
    Reverted to DEFAULT settings.
    Enabled/Disabled EAX.
    Deleted the game cache.
    Deleted the entire client and reinstalled.
    Repaired Game Data via the launcher.
    Reinstalled DirectX.
    GPU drivers were up-to-date.
    Sound drivers were up-to-date.
    Full-screen, Full-screen windowed, Windows modes.
    A different DDO account.
    Disabling GeForce Experience overlay
    Disabling Discord
    Disabling antivirus software/firewalls
    Temporarily Port-Forwarding 2900-2910, 9000-9058 (didn't work; closed ports back after)

The only other thing that I can think is that maybe it's something with NVIDIA Control Panel... but everything in there is set to default and I have made no changes to that and had made no changes to it anyways.
    At this point, I'm 99% certain that it's something that was changed in the most recent update... I have no idea what change could've been made to cause this.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Does this still occur when running the game on the lowest possible resolution/ settings?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    Does this still occur when running the game on the lowest possible resolution/ settings?
    Yes, it continues to be a problem. Changing graphics settings/quality does not effect this bug.

---------------------------------------------

Since the feywild patch dropped, this issue is occurring for me... Again. Every 20 seconds, the game just hangs and restarts the audio. Game is pretty much unplayable because of the lag/hang every 20 seconds. Did a repair of the game; it did not fix the issue.

Here's what I did that (may have? temporarily?) fixed the problem:

Go to your Documents/Dungeons & Dragons Online folder.
    Rename the CEF folder to CEF-OLD. (Or delete, if you're so bold)

When I started the game again, it worked without the hiccups. So I have to assume it's something in that folder (Cache, CPUCache, I don't know!) that is causing the issue.
    If the issue reappears for me, I'll attempt this fix again and let you guys know if that solved it or not.

So I took some time off the game, came back with Feywild for a week or so and had zero issues.
    Yesterday and Today, however, the stuttering/sound bug returned again.
    I tried deleting the CEF folder, but it did not fix the stuttering/sound bug this time.
    It's really hit or miss at this point. Sometimes I can restart the computer and immediately launch the game when windows starts to see if it fixes it, and sometimes it does/doesn't.

I've seen another post talking about this being caused by windows attempting to install a driver in the background. Unfortunately, this isn't the case for me; Nothing is attempting to install/update.

Really at a loss on this one.

Really at a loss on this one.
    If your windows has a device manager, are there any devices listed with a question mark? Do you have Event Viewer with your version of windows? Anything in there about errors, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    If your windows has a device manager, are there any devices listed with a question mark? Do you have Event Viewer with your version of windows? Anything in there about errors, etc?
    There's been no hardware changes to my system for year; Nothing freaking out in device manager. I pretty much only update drivers every 6 months, but this started happening on older drivers (that had no issues with the game previously), and continued after new drivers were installed. Event Viewer shows nothing out of the ordinary, and no new events happen when launching/running DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Khroc View Post
    Here is my problem
    I did a registry cleaner and was finally able to install the game but now i have a totally new and completely frustrating issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqfP3M_urVc

The game now pauses every second so it unplayable and the sounds keep looping.

Any ideas?
    I'm having this exact issue with a new install on a new computer. Can't seem to find a way around it. Display stutters and music stops/restarts every one or two seconds. Did you ever find a solution?
    H A R A H A R A - H A R A M A K I - H A R A S E K U
    <°))))>< S A R L O N A ><((((°>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast