Default Taming the Flames XP is a JOKE!

VIP on Elite with a 30% Pot running and Ransack

9,719xp on Completion!

I didn't get the 50 Fire Elementals - I did look at how much they're worth and 1400xp is another JOKE!

I did try running R1 first {THREE TIMES!} and didn't make it to the shrine on any of those three occasions. {I ran Tear of Dhakaan on R1 yesterday on the same character with no trouble bar one lag death in the stupid room!}. - My Hire was utterly useless as she doesn't have fire or elec res and being a Pure Fighter I have no way of giving her resists.
    My own 25 resists proved to be weak on R1 anyway - I was still taking tonnes of damage!

Tear got me 27k XP {should have been 30k without that lag death and if I'd noticed Shadow had failed one of the trapboxes!}.

Tear is a long quest but Taming the Flames ain't a short quest! It just took me 17 minutes to run it on Elite! Tear didn't take me 50 minutes or even anywhere near that long!

The Base XP needs DOUBLING!
    The 50 Fire Elemental Optional XP needs TREBLING MINIMUM
    to be worth staying in the quest after completion to get! {This is as bad as the Ghostly Skeleton Optional XP in Delera's which also need TREBLING!}

Not to downplay your post, but i just ran the faithful departed in the shrouded vale off house phiarlan and thats high up there too as low xp for tge difficulty and hassle to finish

Community Member

IMO the absolute worst quest for XP is In the Demon's Den. You could probably raise it to a 75k xp quest on completion (like WGU) and it still wouldn't get run much, which is too bad because its a nicely done quest that's really a mini-raid for 6.

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    Not to downplay your post, but i just ran the faithful departed in the shrouded vale off house phiarlan and thats high up there too as low xp for tge difficulty and hassle to finish
    Oh I agree!

I don't usually run that quest because there's plenty of xp at Lvl 8 even on a 3rd life {especially now I can run some of those quests on R1} but there's plenty of xp at Lvl 7 as well...

I took Lvl 9 on this 3rd Life when I hit hardcap so I'm actually earning the xp for Lvl 10 not Lvl 9 despite being Lvl 9.

I've ran Sorrowdusk 7s, Tangleroot 7s, Tear R1, Taming the Flames, Graverobber R1, BoB R1, Black Loch, Beaches, Scoundrel's Run R1, Old Grey Garl and I'm going to run Gwylan's and Tide Turns. Those last two will get me within 10k of Hardcapped again if I run them on Elite never mind R1.

Yes I've been running a 30% xp pot and yes I'm VIP and yes I have a Voice {and mantle} but I haven't run Missing Party OR The Pit and won't need to! I also obviously haven't run Free Delera or Another Man's Treasure and won't need to run those either.

IF the Devs are thinking "well there's enough xp in the game" that's not the problem!

The problem is that some quests just aren't worth running for anything other than Favour/Fun and these {TTF, Faithful Departed} aren't exactly "Fun" quests.

It's not like there's another reason to run TTF or Faithful Departed - Neither have any named loot in them for instance.

I think it's safe to say that TTF in particular is still a pretty tough quest as well {Having completed R1 Tear and failed 3 times to even get to the shrine in R1 TTF on the same character!}.

I know I wouldn't even ATTEMPT to solo R1 Faithful Departed at Lvl 10 - The chances of quest failure are just too high even if I do manage to not die!
    Heck I probably won't even run it at all this life as I'm not going for 5k favour and if I was going for 5k favour I'd just run it at Lvl 30!

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    IMO the absolute worst quest for XP is In the Demon's Den. You could probably raise it to a 75k xp quest on completion (like WGU) and it still wouldn't get run much, which is too bad because its a nicely done quest that's really a mini-raid for 6.
    I'm not going to disagree with that!

Demon's Den like all of IQ1 should be made base Lvl 20 like Epic Keep on the Borderlands!

IQ2 ditto except for Dreaming Dark which should be base Lvl 21!

There's no reason to run any of those quests prior to Lvl 20 anyway - I still don't even take Lvl 19 until I'm ready to take 20!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh I agree!

I don't usually run that quest because there's plenty of xp at Lvl 8 even on a 3rd life {especially now I can run some of those quests on R1} but there's plenty of xp at Lvl 7 as well...

I took Lvl 9 on this 3rd Life when I hit hardcap so I'm actually earning the xp for Lvl 10 not Lvl 9 despite being Lvl 9.

I've ran Sorrowdusk 7s, Tangleroot 7s, Tear R1, Taming the Flames, Graverobber R1, BoB R1, Black Loch, Beaches, Scoundrel's Run R1, Old Grey Garl and I'm going to run Gwylan's and Tide Turns. Those last two will get me within 10k of Hardcapped again if I run them on Elite never mind R1.

Yes I've been running a 30% xp pot and yes I'm VIP and yes I have a Voice {and mantle} but I haven't run Missing Party OR The Pit and won't need to! I also obviously haven't run Free Delera or Another Man's Treasure and won't need to run those either.

IF the Devs are thinking "well there's enough xp in the game" that's not the problem!

The problem is that some quests just aren't worth running for anything other than Favour/Fun and these {TTF, Faithful Departed} aren't exactly "Fun" quests.

It's not like there's another reason to run TTF or Faithful Departed - Neither have any named loot in them for instance.

I think it's safe to say that TTF in particular is still a pretty tough quest as well {Having completed R1 Tear and failed 3 times to even get to the shrine in R1 TTF on the same character!}.

I know I wouldn't even ATTEMPT to solo R1 Faithful Departed at Lvl 10 - The chances of quest failure are just too high even if I do manage to not die!
    Heck I probably won't even run it at all this life as I'm not going for 5k favour and if I was going for 5k favour I'd just run it at Lvl 30!

I'm not going to disagree with that!

Demon's Den like all of IQ1 should be made base Lvl 20 like Epic Keep on the Borderlands!

IQ2 ditto except for Dreaming Dark which should be base Lvl 21!

There's no reason to run any of those quests prior to Lvl 20 anyway - I still don't even take Lvl 19 until I'm ready to take 20!

When I am doing heroic for the purpose of leveling fast, I usually do Von3, Spies, Shadow Crypt, and other high xp quests around those levels. So that's R,E,H,N,N, and then repeat once again the next day for daily bonus. Sometimes, I even try doing the quest underlevel on Normal or Hard, then wait a day so I'm higher level, then run it on Elite for first time bonus + Daily bonus. I take note what time I do the big XP quests so I can run them again after 24 hours.

So on lives that I want to level fast, I do less quests in general.

When I am enjoying a particular build or class too much, that's when I tend to "level up slow on purpose". This life, I finally reached heroic completionist with my main. It's been about 10 years to achieve this milestone, so I'm taking it slow and trying to do ALL the quests this life. I already have a +5 supreme tome, so I'm not doing it for the favor, just to celebrate being completionist.

So far, I'm really enjoying because I'm learning a lot of new quests that I didn't bother to master before. Also, now i have access to dualbox accounts for unsoloable quests. There's just this feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment to see your Adventure Compendium all filled out with red Elites.

I found fun running for the first time, The restless Isles - only 2 quests. Bad exp, difficult zones to navigate. But fun doing for the first time. It had an epic feel.