Community Member

Default Housekeeping end boss weirdness

Tried to solo Housekeeping on EE today on my EK-pale master wiz, and gave up when I couldn't bypass the DR on any of the 3 end bosses, who also endlessly heal each other. They're classified as chaotic evil "humanoids" (bit odd for a hag, but w/e), and I tried silver + good, cold iron + good, evil, lawful, and (out of desperation) adamantine. Nothing worked. What gives?

Oh, and they have a cute cheat--they use Chill Touch that, because I was in undead form, makes me afraid. A lot. I get that's in the spell description, but I had GH on, so...yeah, immune to fear effects, DDO.

Finally, they're all immune to elemental cold damage, which doesn't make much sense to me for humanoids that aren't made of ice.

All in all, a pretty irritating waste of time. Would appreciate any insights people might have. The wiki's got nothing helpful on this.

Only one of them heals.

I keep forgetting which one (Cadence?), others call out to her to heal them, and if you "kill" her first, no healing anymore.

Can't help on other parts, i did not run it in LE, only on LH.

According to the wiki, hags have Cold Iron DR. On Legendary they also likely have PRR so you'll do reduced damage no matter what you hit them with unless you have something to make them Vulnerable.

Candace heals the other two so you just have to kill her first. She's not particularly tough so if you target her the fight goes pretty fast.

If you free all four of the gatekeeper apprentices, they help you fight and this makes it a lot easier.

Try slotting a fear immunity yellow augment instead of relying on Greater Heroism, that might do it.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    According to the wiki, hags have Cold Iron DR. On Legendary they also likely have PRR so you'll do reduced damage no matter what you hit them with unless you have something to make them Vulnerable.

Candace heals the other two so you just have to kill her first. She's not particularly tough so if you target her the fight goes pretty fast.

If you free all four of the gatekeeper apprentices, they help you fight and this makes it a lot easier.

Try slotting a fear immunity yellow augment instead of relying on Greater Heroism, that might do it.

The fear immunity augment doesn't work either... I tried that when the quest first came out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post

Thanks, but as I wrote in the OP, cold iron + good didn't work. Wondering if it was a bug of some sort? I was getting a steady stream of 0s despite being able to put out good dps, so it was definitely an absolute DR immunity problem and not PRR.

Good idea about the augment, but bummer that it doesn't work--thanks for the tip, niknight.