Community Member

Default Broken Mouse behavior on Full Screen (Windowed) mode

Hi,
    I'm running a 2 screen setup, so I have the game in Full Screen (Windowed) on one screen, and web browser or discord or music player or whatever on other screen.

Until recently, when my mouselook was off, everything worked great, and I could move my mouse cursor to the other screen and click on something else to unfocus DDO, and focus the thing I clicked on.

Now, when I try to move the cursor out of DDO, to the other screen, it "snaps back" to DDO.

It coincides with today's downtime, I hadn't have that problem yesterday (and I didn't do any updates / changes to my Win10 since then, nor have I restarted the system).

Were there any changes to how DDO interacts with mouse drivers?

running 64bit client on win10 Pro (1909 build 18363.8.836)

(Note: I also just checked - same problem persists in windowed mode and with single screen, mouse cursor "snaps back" to DDO window)

(Another note: when I'm moving my mouse quickly in mouselook mode, sometimes the mouse cursor shows up outside game window for a single frame - before the game registers the movement - in a sort of similar fashion as the snapback with mouselook off works).
    It is not my main forum account. This is just "beta forum" account. My "main" forum acc.

When I first log in the game, it pops up as windowed in a partial screen (about 3/4 each dimension). The mouse is free across the whole monitor at first, then it "locks" in to only the game portion. If I "click" the partial screen that will trigger it to go full screen (which is the correct mode), or I can wait about a half-dozen seconds and it will pop out by itself.

Rarely, when I dual box, the mouse is "off scale" and only travels that initial 3/4 in each dimension, and is off-target a proportional amount. An alt+tab away and then another back again corrects this.

I believe it has to do with my graphics card and not the game itself (or some specific interaction between the two).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    When I first log in the game, it pops up as windowed in a partial screen (about 3/4 each dimension). The mouse is free across the whole monitor at first, then it "locks" in to only the game portion. If I "click" the partial screen that will trigger it to go full screen (which is the correct mode), or I can wait about a half-dozen seconds and it will pop out by itself.

Rarely, when I dual box, the mouse is "off scale" and only travels that initial 3/4 in each dimension, and is off-target a proportional amount. An alt+tab away and then another back again corrects this.

I believe it has to do with my graphics card and not the game itself (or some specific interaction between the two).
    I'll add that Alt-tabbing is not really a solution here, especially since it interrupts stuff like shrining and recalling. It happened to me at least once in "Same old song" that I lost the temporary shrine because of alt-tab interrupting shrining. Clicking outside the game window lets me pull up the map on DDOwiki while I shrine, or check on my saga tracker while I recall. Now this is... unnecessarily complicated.
    It is not my main forum account. This is just "beta forum" account. My "main" forum acc.