Default High Lords will host Abbot teaching raid on Saturday, May 30 at 9pm ET

Our last teaching raid Titan Awakes saw a great turnout! You can read about it and watch the live stream here.

The next raid in our series will be my favorite raid Abbot! (Accursed Ascension) on Saturday, May 30 at 9pm ET!

All events in this series are for players new(er) raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids.

If you are new to Abbot, you will need to have access to the Necropolis Part 4 adventure pack, however note that all content is free to play through May 31, 2020.

Flagging for abbot starts with collecting the 8 sigil pieces to complete your sigil of the abbot. Once you've completed your sigil, turn it into the NPC that gives the sigil frame, Sir Rohine in upper Necropolis, and he will grant the quest Litany of the Dead. Special note: as of update 37, once you've completed the sigil, it stays with you and is not consumed when flagging and carries over to your next life. It is therefore no longer needed to collect multiples of the same sigil pieces for future lives.

Sigil pieces are most efficiently acquired from chests in the 4 heroic Orchard of the Macabre quests (Fleshmaker's Laboratory, Ghosts of Perdition, Inferno of the Damned and Desecrated Temple of Vol) but can also drop in rare chests in the heroic orchard slayer zone. Any sigil piece can drop from any end chest in heroic orchard quests or rare slayer zone chests, however sigil pieces 1-4 commonly drop in specific orchard quests, while pieces 5-8 are random. See Litany link above for more on sigil piece locations. Note that it is not necessary to run orchard quests to flag for Litany, as long as you have a completed sigil.

Inferno of the Damned can be confusing for new players and Flesh Maker's Laboratory can be challenging to solo. If you are new to Necro 4, you may find some of my videos helpful:

Once you are flagged for Litany, you will need to complete the quest 4 times to kill each of the 4 bosses. Halfway through the quest, you will encounter a black dragon that will ask you a series of questions. Your answers will determine which boss you face. Answers for these questions, as well as solvers for many DDO puzzles can be found at cubicleninja.com. Be careful to answer correctly, you cannot restart the questions and if you answer incorrectly, the dragon will instakill you. After killing each boss there is an exit beyond the boss chest that you need to exit through, which takes you to the top of the tower outside of the orchard quest corresponding to the boss you killed. There are 4 crystals that need to be destroyed to complete the flagging for that boss. Do not destroy these crystals until all members of your party are present. Party members not present when the crystals are destroyed will not get credit for that boss. Then re-enter litany and do the same for the remaining bosses. Once you have killed all 4 Litany bosses, Sir Rohine will bestow the raid.

If you are new to Litany of the Dead, you may find my videos helpful:

Abbot flagging requires perhaps more commitment than any other raid but some of the loot is among the most prized in the game, including Quiver of Alacrity, Litany of the Dead (a trinket with the same name as the quest), Unwavering Ardency, Vile Blasphemy and more! The Litany boss chests also contain some very nice rare items.

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please contact me in game on Voodu.

This event will be live streamed on my twitch channel twitch.tv/vooduspyce so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live.

Thank you to the community for all the support and special thanks to DDOCast and DDO Chronicle for mentioning our events. We hope to see you in raids soon!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and The High Lords of Malkier
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 05-27-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Default Our 7th year of teaching raids concludes

Great run! Abbot is my favorite raid and when we host it as a teaching raid we do it a little differently. Typically the party splits up into 3 puzzles but for the teaching raid we want everyone to experience all 3 puzzles so we take the time to run the entire group through every puzzle. It takes a lot longer to do it this way, but everyone gets to see every puzzle and it's a lot of fun!

You can watch the highlight of the live stream on my Twitch channel here.

Summer is nearly upon us and our Abbot teaching raid concludes another successful year of teaching raids. Over the winter and spring we taught dozens of Sarlonians how raids work and made some new friends along the way. We worked through every raid in the game, except for Too Hot to Handle, which we will be offering opportunity for those who want to learn. Information below.

Thank you everyone for all the support during our 2020 teaching raid series

Too Hot to Handle
    THTH is DDO's most demanding raid. A year after its introduction, even on normal difficulty it remains a significant challenge for the average player. Our teaching raids are meant to be a beginner-friendly environment. THTH is not a beginner-friendly raid so we have decided to not include it in our regular teaching raid schedule. We do however want to provide an opportunity for those who are serious about wanting to learn this raid. High Lords runs this raid on Thursday nights as a private guild raid. We will be opening our Thursday night runs to those who are interested in learning this raid. I encourage interested individuals to be experienced players, 1200+ hp, twist in Energy Sheathe: Fire and be able to provide dps, heals or trash killing ability. If you are interested in learning THTH with us please send me an in-game mail to Voodu and I will add you to a list of invites for when we have space in our Thursday night THTH.

I also want to remind everyone of our other public raids events. You can check out our public raid schedule in the Sarlona forum at Raid Nights with the High Lords of Malkier!

We hope to see you in raids again soon
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-03-2020 at 01:29 AM.