Community Member balforofthenis's Avatar

Smile Old School Player Returning.

Hi all,

Used to play on Cannith from the start of the server until quite a bit back when Epic quests first came out Was possibly one of the first to get Epic SOS which probably doesn't even scratch the loot now I bet?

Was in Spellbinders then went to loot with a mate and finished in Hella Pro. Must be like 8 years at least since I last played so most likely no one will remember me

You would find me playing Mostly Nazul (Barb), Nazath (TWF), Nazty (Wiz) and Lorrad (FvS). If you do remember me and are still around then hi!

Likely just be playing pretty casually if anyone wants to join, taking it easy on a TR learning the ropes again (have pretty much forgotten everything)

What is the Cannith pop like around UK times?

Happy hunting!
    Nazul ~ Nazath ~ Warchanter ~ Lorrad
    Nazty ~ Tiberiaz ~ Nazsinger ~ Naztee
    ~ Cannith Server ~

WB!

Quote Originally Posted by balforofthenis View Post
    Used to play on Cannith from the start of the server until quite a bit back when Epic quests first came out... have pretty much forgotten everything
    I don't go back that far, but knowing what has changed in my time I can state that 95% of what you knew is no longer in the game, and the other 5% is intuitive for any MMO.

The good news is twofold - 1) you will find a Lesser Heart of Wood and a +20 Heart of Wood in the inventories of every alt (and a +3 HoW on top of those on any Clerics!). So you can reconfigure them if you want/need. But wait... and 2) experience is a LOT easier to earn now, so getting to 20/30 is a LOT faster - a few days is not unheard of, and a couple weeks is quite doable for a serious player. (So you can save your HoW's for when you need them after an "oops" moment).

You could (re-)start here to see how builds have evolved, and/or for suggestions on how to repair/rebuild your specific alts:

(Re-)Start Here:

GL!

Community Member balforofthenis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    WB!

I don't go back that far, but knowing what has changed in my time I can state that 95% of what you knew is no longer in the game, and the other 5% is intuitive for any MMO.

The good news is twofold - 1) you will find a Lesser Heart of Wood and a +20 Heart of Wood in the inventories of every alt (and a +3 HoW on top of those on any Clerics!). So you can reconfigure them if you want/need. But wait... and 2) experience is a LOT easier to earn now, so getting to 20/30 is a LOT faster - a few days is not unheard of, and a couple weeks is quite doable for a serious player. (So you can save your HoW's for when you need them after an "oops" moment).

You could (re-)start here to see how builds have evolved, and/or for suggestions on how to repair/rebuild your specific alts:

(Re-)Start Here:

GL!
    Thanks for the heads up and info. Looking to enjoy playing again and trying the new stuff
    Nazul ~ Nazath ~ Warchanter ~ Lorrad
    Nazty ~ Tiberiaz ~ Nazsinger ~ Naztee
    ~ Cannith Server ~

Hey there,

Cannith is still fairly active, and I have seen ppl from all of those guilds running around (mostly Spellbinders) so some things have stayed the same.

I came back last month and found running a new toon to 30 let me get familiar with the game as it is, then I went back to old toons to see who could be salvaged. C Dog is right about xp, with everything unlocked every level has enough to avoid re-running the same quest.

Welcome back and be sure to run the intro quest for Ravenloft 'Into the Mists' In house J for a free weapon per toon (heroic and epic) I found it very useful.

Welcome back!

Peak time for UK can be a bit quiet in my experience, things generally pick up later on at night like 11PM and onwards. With that said though there are still plenty of folks online so YMMV.

Stoner81.