Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Community Manager

Default DDO Bonus Days!

DDO Bonus Days bring you a +5 Treasure Hunter's Boost, now through May 17th!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Cue the obligatory attempted explanation of loot generation mechanics that inevitably leaves people even more confused than they started

TBH I just read through the wiki on it 3 times and I still dont understand what its supposed to do...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Cue the obligatory attempted explanation of loot generation mechanics that inevitably leaves people even more confused than they started

TBH I just read through the wiki on it 3 times and I still dont understand what its supposed to do...
    Let me be the first to muddy the waters for you!
    Treasure hunter +5 brings up the quality of the random loot and possible named loot found (WRT mythic bonuses).
    At least during this period I always found the +4 mythic items whereas, outside the event, I'd only find up to +2.
    It does NOT increase the chance to find named items, however, just increases the quality of said found named items. (Same frequency, higher quality)

Cordo, am I wrong thinking this stacks with Treasure hunter Pots?
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Does this stack with any other Treasure Hunter boosts?
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Does this stack with any other Treasure Hunter boosts?
    The answer in the past is that it stacks with the pots.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    Let me be the first to muddy the waters for you!
    Treasure hunter +5 brings up the quality of the random loot and possible named loot found (WRT mythic bonuses).
    At least during this period I always found the +4 mythic items whereas, outside the event, I'd only find up to +2.
    It does NOT increase the chance to find named items, however, just increases the quality of said found named items. (Same frequency, higher quality)

That's what confuses me though - how does the "quality" of an item actually manifest?

Aside from an item having optional "extras" like Masterful Craftsmanship or Mythic Bonus, arent all random affixes fixed at a single value for a given ML? What room is there for improvement on "quality"?

Or is it just those extra tags that this Bonus Days affects?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    That's what confuses me though - how does the "quality" of an item actually manifest?

Aside from an item having optional "extras" like Masterful Craftsmanship or Mythic Bonus, arent all random affixes fixed at a single value for a given ML? What room is there for improvement on "quality"?

Or is it just those extra tags that this Bonus Days affects?
    Part in red: NOPE.

All random affixes are "up to" that value. Sometimes they can be lower than that value.

Devs have also said that Treasure Hunter has no effect on the frequency of Mythic/Reaper bonuses on items, but my anecdotal experience suggests otherwise. It's only anecdotal, but I do chug a treasure hunter potion from the lucky roll I got before I go item farming and it seems to make a difference for me even though SSG devs have said it doesn't.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Does this help with finding NAMED loot?

Or is it like the Treasure Hunter Elixir's and Loot Gems - Only for random gen?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

It's probably worth having a copy-paste-able recap of which effects do what whenever the loot-changes-weekends happen.

I know it was posted before, but my search-fu is insufficient for this task.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Does this help with finding NAMED loot?

Or is it like the Treasure Hunter Elixir's and Loot Gems - Only for random gen?
    It will not help with finding named loot but if that chance check is successful, it may improve the bonuses of the item. You still have to win the lottery but the payout may be weekly instead of monthly. (But as HR pointed out, and in my own experience) it seems to influence the chance of mythic bonuses appended to named items.

Random genned loot has a "range" of possible bonuses. Say an item has a potential of +1 to +3 Strength (Making numbers up to illustrate). +1 is the minimum possible for that item, +3is the max. There is a slightly better (5%) chance of getting +2 or +3 strength now and the chance of +1 is likely reduced by 5%.

As Cdbd3rd confirmed, treasure hunter potions work in addition to this bonus.

Essentially, this is like a jewel of fortune.
    Last edited by Jerevth; 05-18-2020 at 07:37 AM. Reason: mispelled "loot"
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.