Default What happened to voice chat?

Goolan came back a few months ago. I notice that nobody uses voice chat any more. Why is that? Some of us live alone, and the chat helps to keep us sane during the shutdown.
    GOOLAN

Quote Originally Posted by Goolann View Post
    Goolan came back a few months ago. I notice that nobody uses voice chat any more. Why is that? Some of us live alone, and the chat helps to keep us sane during the shutdown.
    Discord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

A lot of people have migrated to Discord chat instead of in-game chat.

Community Member

Well, at least there is one robo-voice on Khyber. And it's you!

Quote Originally Posted by AirbornedChild View Post
    Well, at least there is one robo-voice on Khyber. And it's you!
    I have been pulled into a couple of Discord channels, but its not very useful in pickup groups.
    GOOLAN

The mic system for DDO really sucks. I have a few friends who have great mics super clear in discord, but when they talk in DDO, the sound is so quiet. So yeah, lots of people have just joined discord, and there are a lot more static groups as well. Since the game has a ton of power creep, lots of people have just found their own groups, and run with their own groups, doing very little pugging. Even going so far as soloing, instead of throwing up LFMs
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~

Default Discord

I have been pulled into a couple of Discord channels, but its not very useful in pickup groups.
    Heyas Goolann, feel free to hang out in our discord chat, I know Nancy has pulled you in a few times, so you are already a member. We have several friends of the guild from less active guilds who hang out in our discord just for the company.

Grubbby
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

hey goolan, it's been a bit but I remember you from the old days.

we indeed use discord for nearly all ddo related communication at this point.

I am the owner of the plague winds discord, and am a member of the crimson eagles and lava divers discord servers as well. whenever you join a group or raid with any of those people, we are in a discord server making fun of the puggies I know homeboys and Raven nation have discord servers as well, and also the main ddo discord is for the whole community to communicate and even the devs like steelstar post there on a regular basis.

cool things about discord is that you can set permission by individual user so, anyone can join a general chat and main voice chat but keep the unwanted people out of guild chat and private voice channel. for this reason, most of the main endgame guilds discord servers are open for anyone to use, all you have to do is ask a guild member or sometimes officer and they will send you a link if it's available to anyone. most of the servers I mentioned have a user access level setup for "friends of guild" that I'm 100% you would fit right in to. its a great way to find people you didn't even know exist because of static grouping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Learn from Zappy, he knows what he is doing on an arcane.
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Tank Gotta Go Fast-Shanayney - over 156 Reaper points
    Survivable Healer-Sahanna