Community Member

Exclamation 64 bit client Dx11 crash on new pc while trying to TR

Recently ,about a week ago, I built a new PC and installed the game. Playing in 64bit mode with DX11 settings, has been good so far;however, I attempted to TR one of my characters and I could not get through the character process without a hard graphic lock (black and green screens with music sometimes playing) along with the computer restarting itself(after the green screen). The GPU driver is the most recent whql certified and everything is brand new. I believe with my limited experience, it is some form of bad program call between the game and gpu/driver. Everytime I attempted to TR , this would happen, not when I play the game.

Attempting to use the 32 bit client in Dx11 is likewise a mess, causing the desktop to flash/blink while the game music plays.

I have not yet switched back to Dx 9 which will be the next step. I will reply to this once I have tested it.

Computer:
    CPU = Ryzen 7 3800x
    MOBO = Asrock phantom gaming 4 x570
    GPU= Gigabyte R5700xt OC 8gb
    RAM= 16gb DDR4-3600

I understand this was an issue awhile back but didnt see any resolutions.
    Anyone else experience this type of problem with DX11?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadbyDawn View Post
    Recently ,about a week ago, I built a new PC and installed the game. Playing in 64bit mode with DX11 settings, has been good so far;however, I attempted to TR one of my characters and I could not get through the character process without a hard graphic lock (black and green screens with music sometimes playing) along with the computer restarting itself(after the green screen). The GPU driver is the most recent whql certified and everything is brand new. I believe with my limited experience, it is some form of bad program call between the game and gpu/driver. Everytime I attempted to TR , this would happen, not when I play the game.

Attempting to use the 32 bit client in Dx11 is likewise a mess, causing the desktop to flash/blink while the game music plays.

I have not yet switched back to Dx 9 which will be the next step. I will reply to this once I have tested it.

Computer:
    CPU = Ryzen 7 3800x
    MOBO = Asrock phantom gaming 4 x570
    GPU= Gigabyte R5700xt OC 8gb
    RAM= 16gb DDR4-3600

I understand this was an issue awhile back but didnt see any resolutions.
    Anyone else experience this type of problem with DX11?
    problems in 32 as well as 64 makes me think its not a 64 bit problem Maybe overlays, gaming mode, etc
    What OS? Try the MS 9 redist https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109
    Last edited by Mindos; 05-09-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

You should definitively install DirectX 9 as well. You fell into Microsoft's trap.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Ok attempting to switch from DX11 to DX9 caused a DX error and crashed the game, The computer is running windows 10 pro.

Next attempt I'll try lowering the resolution before switching DX.

Community Member

Update 2: SUCCESS! Reducing resolution and setting to DX9 solved the crashing amd computer resets.
    Note there was a bot of a high pitched whine from my headset while going through character look options that changed in tone as I rotated the view around the character model... I am not going to attempt to solve that.. character is TRd and I'm off to play.