Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Confused on the LGS stuff

What do you mean when you say material opposition?
    Quote Originally Posted by PainStealer View Post
    **Bracers , Belt, **Gloves = Material Opposition Legendary Shroud.
    Do you go for the Material Opposition bonus (Unconsciousness Range)? If so, this becomes a bit confusing because looking at the wiki the effects don't stack outside of one per tier (so you could get the effects of 1/2/3 once). I believe they said it stacked like profane/insight/quality.
    And if this is the case and you stack all 3 effects on 1 item, what do you put on the other items?

Sorry for the long question, don't really understand LGS crafting that well...
    Last edited by justintbelter; 10-10-2020 at 05:58 AM.
    Primary Server: Orien ---------- Guild: NITEWALKERS
    Characters: Amateretsu (Ama), Slicercore, and Guzzunoka (Goose)
    Builds: Amateretu's Builds

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by justintbelter View Post

Do you go for the Material Opposition bonus (Unconsciousness Range)? If so, this becomes a bit confusing because looking at the wiki the effects don't stack outside of one per tier (so you could get the effects of 1/2/3 once). I believe they said it stacked like profane/insight/quality.
    And if this is the case and you stack all 3 effects on 1 item, what do you put on the other items?

Looking at his screenshot i would say acid and lightning resistance

Quote Originally Posted by justintbelter View Post

Not sure exactly what pieces he did. There are several ways to do it though. For a build like this all opposition is fine. You dont need to have material as well. I would probably do 1 item all unc range. And yes each tier will stack. The second piece I would probably do blindness immunity and then something else for the other two. Fear immunity is useless and the deathblock is broken. For me I would pick my weakest save and boost that if it isnt 110+. Then probably the third piece do an elemental resist for swapping. Even if you only want to upgrade the first two tiers to save some larges. The point of multiple pieces in this build is to trigger the opposition set bonus for bonus to HP.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Regarding this particular build I run a pure paladin (Grundable on Argonnessen) in R10s with 450-500 PRR and 460-500 AC (depending on group makeup). With 6k+ hp in reaper does that still seem viable even though the OP is going for AC?

Also, the I have an upcoming renovation to that build which will use 4pc Opposition LGS instead of 2pc LGS so I'm not sure how high the hit points will get after I finished my Feydark TRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    Regarding this particular build I run a pure paladin (Grundable on Argonnessen) in R10s with 450-500 PRR and 460-500 AC (depending on group makeup). With 6k+ hp in reaper does that still seem viable even though the OP is going for AC?

Also, the I have an upcoming renovation to that build which will use 4pc Opposition LGS instead of 2pc LGS so I'm not sure how high the hit points will get after I finished my Feydark TRs.
    Those are good stats. A few things you didnt mention that I consider important. Some raids you need high MRR much more than AC. Another thing is holding agro. You need to be able to hit your intimidate checks, and if possible (and even better) be able to generate threat.

Opposition bonus will be 2% per additional opposition slot.
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Those are good stats. A few things you didnt mention that I consider important. Some raids you need high MRR much more than AC. Another thing is holding agro. You need to be able to hit your intimidate checks, and if possible (and even better) be able to generate threat.

Opposition bonus will be 2% per additional opposition slot.
    Grundable has always been a melee threat tank that can hit 172 standing intimidate with 325 MRR blocking. The only times I have aggro issues are with players who don't want to manage their aggro in the first few seconds of an encounter. If that's accurate at 2% per slot that's another 12% to max hp which for a pure paladin tank is going to be quite fun to play.

Grundable has always been a melee threat tank that can hit 172 standing intimidate with 325 MRR blocking. The only times I have aggro issues are with players who don't want to manage their aggro in the first few seconds of an encounter. If that's accurate at 2% per slot that's another 12% to max hp which for a pure paladin tank is going to be quite fun to play.
    Its accurate if you build it correctly. After the bonus is triggered with 2 pieces (6%) it's 2% per opposition slot. The number of items doesnt make a difference after 2 for opposition. The reason people talk about 4 piece sets is it allows a second LGS set bonus to be applied, most commonly a material set for crit multiplier for DPS (most commonly now a days for nuking casters). This is a bit trickier to put together and benefit from both the material set and opposition set at the same time.
    Member of Roving Guns

Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack,
    What these 3 are for? U seems to get dodge chance from The Shrouded Steps of the Beyond. Also why no Tower Shield like Legendary Mirrorplate Tower and no Shield Deflection feat? A am total noob it tanking, that is reason i have these questions. You dont use EDF, correct?
    Want to use you build for alt for tanking daily EN\EH raids like KT or VoD and R1 old ones like Baba\Stahrd.
    Thanks for sharing your build and gear. Gear tetris makes me go crazy each time i try to gear my chars.

Legendary Bottle of Smoke - has Smoke Screen 20% miss chance, that looks to be not ignored unlike displacement on reaper. Also where can I check if Displacement is ignored on reaper, I saw somewhere in you posts but now cannot find it.
    Last edited by xBunny; 11-14-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    Actively playing on Cannith since 2018
    30+ PLs, 71 Reaper Points

Quote Originally Posted by xBunny View Post
    What these 3 are for? U seems to get dodge chance from The Shrouded Steps of the Beyond. Also why no Tower Shield like Legendary Mirrorplate Tower and no Shield Deflection feat? A am total noob it tanking, that is reason i have these questions. You dont use EDF, correct?
    Want to use you build for alt for tanking daily EN\EH raids like KT or VoD and R1 old ones like Baba\Stahrd.
    Thanks for sharing your build and gear. Gear tetris makes me go crazy each time i try to gear my chars.

Legendary Bottle of Smoke - has Smoke Screen 20% miss chance, that looks to be not ignored unlike displacement on reaper. Also where can I check if Displacement is ignored on reaper, I saw somewhere in you posts but now cannot find it.
    Dodge and Mobility are prerequisites for Spring Attack. Spring Attack is for extra movement. It is good to be able to leap quickly into a bunch of enemies and throw a quick intimidate. Also Mobility increases the max dex bonus on your armor by 2. With all of the max dex bonus enhancements I take and that feat I am able to get up to 22% dodge. But as I pointed out in the original post you are free to not take those feats.

I do not use EDF. Rather than take combat feats I elected to take more toughness feats. EDF would only add 5% more hit point and it would make it harder for me to throw scrolls or hit a team mate with a renew. To get that 5% more HP from EDF it would cost me 5 toughness feats. I feel that I am better served by the toughness feats.

I sometime will swap on a tower shield for situational purposes. However with most tower shields the best I can get my max dex bonus is to 13. This means that by using a tower shield you drop your dodge bonus from 22% to 13%. Also I generally have a higher AC with a heavy shield than with a tower shield. Overall I feel that for a defense oriented character a heavy shield out performs a tower shield.

Displacement is a concealment bonus just like your bottle of smoke. I personally use displacement clickies on my crafted shroud gear. The dev have stated in the past that this type of bonus is reduced in reaper. They have never said by how much per skull.

As far as gear layouts go I have started to use a winter set from the feywild expansion. I was able to obtain about 655 AC that way. It also improved my hit point total. But alas I did not take a screen shot before I hopped onto the TR train to get my 3 shifter lives so I can be racial completionist again. Hopefully by time the new raid comes out I will be back to this build and have a gear breakdown available including the new raid gear.
    Deijah / Deijara / Deijanna / Deijora / Deijaugh
    Ornery and Loving it.

As far as gear layouts go I have started to use a winter set from the feywild expansion. I was able to obtain about 655 AC that way. It also improved my hit point total. But alas I did not take a screen shot before I hopped onto the TR train to get my 3 shifter lives so I can be racial completionist again. Hopefully by time the new raid comes out I will be back to this build and have a gear breakdown available including the new raid gear.
    Really hope they keep the +30% legendary bonus on the winter set. /crosses fingers
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by quikster View Post
    really hope they keep the +30% legendary bonus on the winter set. /crosses fingers
    rip 30%
    Main: Kamdragon The Tank

So yeah the 30% hp is gone from winter. I have finished up my 3 shifter lives and I am back to the build. Interestingly enough I have almost the same Hitpoints now as when I was running 3 pieces of green steel. So while the winter set is less than 4 pieces of greensteel it is almost equivalent to 3. I am working on another gearset with the newer augments to see what a levik set + 5 piece greensteel would look like. Once I have finished farming that gear I'll post some comparisons.

As an interesting side note I can now hit 664 AC ..... If i can squeeze in 2 more that would be beastly.
    Deijah / Deijara / Deijanna / Deijora / Deijaugh
    Ornery and Loving it.

13. 12-03-2020, 09:13 PM

As an interesting side note I can now hit 664 AC ..... If i can squeeze in 2 more that would be beastly.
    Have you looked at the following filigrees and miscellaneous sources to AC

Beast's Mantle - +1 Con, +5 Melee Power
    Grandfather's Shield - +2 Con, +4 AC, +10 HAMP | +1 Con
    Bravery Throughout - +1 Con, +4 AC, +2 Intimidate, +10 PRR
    +1 Alchemical Eldritch Ritual
    +1 Alchemical Armor Ritual
    +1 Enchant Weapon / +1 Enchant Armor
    +3 Enchant Weapon (Epic Destiny)

Armor - Sharn or Winter set can get you the AC either way. I prefer the Winter set on pure paladin since it let's me get to 550 raid buffed now.
    From my perspective, reducing Winter's set from 30% hp to 20% hp was a huge mistake on SSGs part since it removed player choice a bit (Winter set vs 5 LGS).

From my perspective, reducing Winter's set from 30% hp to 20% hp was a huge mistake on SSGs part since it removed player choice a bit (Winter set vs 5 LGS).
    Hmmmm - I disagree. This reduction increases choice.

Look at it this way, if the Winter set hp buff was 30%, nobody in their right mind would choose the LGS version. At least now there is still some value to LGS hp set bonuses.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a tank using the 7 piece set and I would love the buff to be 30%. Let's be honest, it's not because I am a campaigner for choice........... it's because I want more powah!!!! I'm going to speculate that your opinion on the change is coming from the same place? (smiley face)
    Last edited by lronEnema; 12-07-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lronEnema View Post
    Hmmmm - I disagree. This reduction increases choice.

Look at it this way, if the Winter set hp buff was 30%, nobody in their right mind would choose the LGS version. At least now there is still some value to LGS hp set bonuses.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a tank using the 7 piece set and I would love the buff to be 30%. Let's be honest, it's not because I am a campaigner for choice........... it's because I want more powah!!!! I'm going to speculate that your opinion on the change is coming from the same place? (smiley face)
    LGS already offers more choice due to customization 3 stats per item plus a utility clicky per slot including Dark Discorporation, Displacement or Radiant Shield. Winter is composed of static pieces with less choice other than a few augment slots so the 30% if not more is perfectly justifiable given the absence of the availability of the best tank clickys in the game with regard to LGS. These options make LGS benefits far outweigh winter therefore there is no choice between the two from an optimization point of view with LGS being the clear winner.

LGS already offers more choice due to customization 3 stats per item plus a utility clicky per slot including Dark Discorporation, Displacement or Radiant Shield. Winter is composed of static pieces with less choice other than a few augment slots so the 30% if not more is perfectly justifiable given the absence of the availability of the best tank clickys in the game with regard to LGS. These options make LGS benefits far outweigh winter therefore there is no choice between the two from an optimization point of view with LGS being the clear winner.
    Ahhhh - weak sauce my friend

Stat bonuses are only on weapons and are so 2017 (+15/+7/+2 exceptional). The bonuses on items have a few useful (various types of heal amp) but after an item or two you are down to wearing all sorts of elemental resistances - real junk.

Clickies can be used without permanently wearing the item

Come on - look me in the eye and tell me that in order to get the 30% hp buff from greensteel you *don't* end up wearing a bunch of cr@p. See, you can't and you know it.

So if the winter set gave the same buff then the choice would be - wear 5 pieces of **** and get 30% to hp or wear useful winter set and get 30% to hp - a no brainer so no choice

As it stands it's: wear 5 pieces of **** and get 30% to hp or wear useful winter stuff and get 20% to hp. That might actually be a real choice for some.

Please don't embarrass yourself by trying to argue that LGS is relevant in 2020 lvl 29 gearsets for anything other than set-bonuses. You could maybe incorporate an LGS item or, at a real stretch, 2 but you can't find jobs for 5.
    Last edited by lronEnema; 12-08-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Community Member

The build seems to be really good.

Is it possible to have the details of all bonuses to go to 627 AC ?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by lronEnema View Post
    Ahhhh - weak sauce my friend

Stat bonuses are only on weapons and are so 2017 (+15/+7/+2 exceptional). The bonuses on items have a few useful (various types of heal amp) but after an item or two you are down to wearing all sorts of elemental resistances - real junk.

Clickies can be used without permanently wearing the item

Come on - look me in the eye and tell me that in order to get the 30% hp buff from greensteel you *don't* end up wearing a bunch of cr@p. See, you can't and you know it.

So if the winter set gave the same buff then the choice would be - wear 5 pieces of **** and get 30% to hp or wear useful winter set and get 30% to hp - a no brainer so no choice

As it stands it's: wear 5 pieces of **** and get 30% to hp or wear useful winter stuff and get 20% to hp. That might actually be a real choice for some.

Please don't embarrass yourself by trying to argue that LGS is relevant in 2020 lvl 29 gearsets for anything other than set-bonuses. You could maybe incorporate an LGS item or, at a real stretch, 2 but you can't find jobs for 5.
    Pretty much this. And no augment slots to boot. IF they had augments it would be much better. You could at least add another set bonus to it. While I dont think adding a fully upgraded 5 piece LGS set to quest items fairly easy to farm is a good idea, it would be nice to have another actual alternative.
    Member of Roving Guns

Default love the ERB reference

I read all the Mars and Venus books as a teen. Dejah Thoris! (and all the Doc Savage I could get my hands on, too)

big ups for the ERB.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tipav View Post
    The build seems to be really good.

Is it possible to have the details of all bonuses to go to 627 AC ?

Thanks in advance.
    This.

For fun, I've tried the build out on the builder, and am only getting to c.580 AC. Be good to know what I'm missing...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast