Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Default bug but unablet o use about->link

I cant seem to get the link in "about" to do anything which is odd. Also I have done the change to setting to check on load for updates and I still have 1.0.0.1 so that seems not to be working.

Additionally, I have entered a raft of runarms into a character but when the program loads they all appear as "clothing", then as you try to scroll, each in turn changes to runearm but puts up an error:

Exception in DataGridView

System.ArgumentException: DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid

EDIT: That said, I have re-downloaded the latest version and overwritten all of what I had (apart from my collection), and it does now seem to be OK. Except "headgear" is appearing as "clothing" or is that WAI?
    Last edited by Anthorin1; 07-17-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Finder of Garrison's Missing Sock Slanesh21's Avatar

Great tool! Thank you for the work you put in it. It looks way better than my Excel file!

Before I start migrating my Excel data into the app I have a few questions:
    1. I read something about auto-updating the database: When SSG changes an item that I own, I keep the item in DDO as it is unless I actively use an update mechanism. Will the auto-update function change the values of my owned items or just the database that I can pick items from?
    2. Are you using references to the item database or are you creating new entities of an items once it is marked as owned?
    3. The data seems to come from the Vault of Kundarak website. What happens if the website is discontinued/unreachable? Will it be possible to keep using the app?
    4. Is there a way to export the database from the app in case depelopment is discontinued so that I would be able to go back to Excel (e.g. as a CSV file)?
    5. Is it possible to add item icons for loot that is not listed on Vault of Kundarak and that has a unique icon (e.g. Jibber's Blade)?
    6. How can I add items to the Kundarak Vault? There are many items missing (e.g. Elite Spider Cult Mask, Harper Pin, Key to Eveningstar, Commemorative Stormreach D12, etc.)?

Here are some suggestions that came to my mind when playing with the app:
    1. It's hard to distinguish which character tab is active/selected. Could you give the active tab a slightly different color?
    2. I like that i can easily copy&paste item names into the shared bank search field. However some items in the database are named differently than they are named in DDO (e.g. "Shadowmail (Level 16)" instead of "Shadowmail"). Could you remove the Level from the item name since it is already available in the ML field to improve copy&past work?
    3. The different naming of items also impacts the bulk import functionality in the app. Items with a "(Level X)" postfix are not recognized/matched correctly.
    4. It would be great if it was possible to search the "In set(s)" column with an exact match: I have created standard equipment sets for each level. They are called "Level 1", "Level 2" [...] "Level 10" [...]. When I enter "Level 1" into the notes search field with "IS" selected it returns my level 1 set and additionally all items from sets from level 10 to level 19. Could you add exact match searches using quotation marks?
    5. Could you add a way to capture cosmetic items?
    6. Could you change the loading screen window so that it is not covering the ddo client when having ddo and the tool running on the same screen?

Again: This is great work! I just want to make sure I don't migrate years of documentation of ~1400 items into a dead end.
    Last edited by Slanesh21; 08-07-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I download this? When I click on the link, it doesn't show me any options to download this to my own computer.

EDIT: So, as it turns out, you need to extract the file to your own google drive, then download the folder from there. A little round-about, but workable.
    Last edited by SpookyNoodle; 08-02-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Question May try it again.

It would be great to be able to get a sense of my complete inventory, compiled. Have you seen the new UI tools someone made for us?
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

I just came across this and d/l it. i totally plan on using this for my paltry (compared to others ) 10 bankers. However, I have one banker that just has stuff like scrolls and potions and collapsed portable holes and rest of the eladrin and various other "non gear" items. any plans to input some or all of those type of items?
    G'land Characters | Amastris of Thay - Leader of Crimson Lotus | Grevok The Maniacal - DC Caster Reaper/Raider
    "If I walk away from a conversation it is not because I have admitted defeat. It is because I can not properly handle your degree in stupidology." - Anonymous

This is outstanding. Wow!

WELL DONE Igognito.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Question

This is a fantastic tool, I've been relying on it for a few months now. I was wondering, are there plans to update this for Feywild? If the original creator isn't working on the project anymore, is there any way that we can add the item information ourselves?
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member

Thumbs up Feature Request

The program is pretty great! One small thing that would help even more is the ability to filter by adventure pack. Is this doable?
    Side-note, if the program is open source I (and assume many others) would love to help update it

Community Member

Default Wow

Holy smokes, this thing is crazy awesome !! Thank you for taking the time to put something like this together. You cant imagine how awesome ( i guess you can, you created it for a reason ) it is to be able to know what you have and can easily keep track of stuff with this program. Please keep up the good work.. get a donations tab in there you deserve it.

The only thing I have to add is put this post in General chat.. I would had never found this if someone didnt link it to me in a PM about another similar program.. Most people just look at General and never the other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Looks cool and useful.

Cordo,

I'm glad to see you chime in on this but really isn't it time for the dev team to get the inventory UI revamped?

Every update adds a metric ton on new **** and for every player who gets rid of items on a regular basis there are a bunch of us who like to keep stuff.

Aside from the hoarding the number of items and age of the game almost required an account wide inventory UI at this point.

Tools like these are a nice contribution (Thanks OP). but the amount of logging in and out that goes on to find and move stuff is ridiculous at this point.

Thanks
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

Any news on the development of this tool? Is ist possible to get item updates from Vault of Kundarak (esp. Feywild)? Is the source code available somewhere? The tools seems to be under GPLv3.

Community Member

Default Update Hoarder for Feywild

has anyone managed to update the item database to feywild?
    I hit the kundarak and startup update buttons. but no luck so far.
    It would hugely help.

Community Member

Default please update

title

Community Member

Default Still Working?

Is this still working? I try to DL, all I get is that it is a .png? image? Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong?

Emerld

The download in the first post still works. It leads to a google drive where you can download the application. However I wouldn't recommend entering anything into this tool since it is a dead end. The tool is great and would be helpful if the source code and update mechanisms were available. Unfortunately the developer has disappeared and no longer maintains the project. If you want to keep track of gear from current expansions/modules you have to create it manually (mostly without the correct icons) which is quite cumbersome. I switched back to my Excel sheet with links to the ddowiki.

Community Member

ive just returned after 7 years and have no new gear anyway so will take a look
    Active: Crib Goch (Melee Cleric) , Gotwindow Finishout, Aralasgard (Barbarian)
    Semi Active: Araltemplar, CelticDragon Blood (favour toon and crafter), Araltwist
    Retired: Aralcoin, Aralegolas, Aralmaulin, Aralucent, Arals, Aralzeus

I contacted him via discord. Let's see, if he is still out there.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Dear all,

real life has kept me occupied.
    Updating the database of my tool is automated but I require access to the data of a website which needs to be done manually...
    In other words I will devote an hour or so this weekend to update the database :-)

Do not worry if you have manually passed items as the remain untouched.

About developing this project further it is hard for me right now. As far as I know there is no major bug (at least for the main functionality).

Thank you very much for using the tool and all your good words.

Cheerios

Community Member

A short update,

unfortunately the website I use for data doesn't have anything new yet. When there is new data they will inform me in order to make my update too.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Igognito View Post
    A short update,

unfortunately the website I use for data doesn't have anything new yet. When there is new data they will inform me in order to make my update too.

Thank you
    Thanks for the update on this! I just recently started using your program and I wish I did earlier this is such a major time save with all the mules/items I have. Thank you again for all your hard work!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast