Question U45 Named Items Information

This thread has 2 purposes:

1) Catalog the quest location of each named item from U45, so people who are familiar with how the wiki works can update it if they wish.
    2) More importantly, it's an attempt to find out where the following items drop: Robe of Duality, Cloak of the Asylum (and maybe the Epic Holistic Stave too, see below).

Facts:
    - Since U45, named items in the Catacombs and Delera chains no longer appear in the end reward list, but rather in each individual quest's end chest.
    - I have run each quest (8 Catacombs ones, 4 Delera ones) about 40-80~ times.
    - I am pretty sure the Epic Holistic Stave drops in Endgame: Marguerite (Epic), but haven't gotten it to drop yet, so I might be wrong.
    - I have never ever seen (or know anyone who has seen) either version (Heroic or Epic) of the Robe of Duality and the Cloak of the Asylum since U45, despite them being in the Lamannia preview.
    - Rusted Shirt, Silverflame Hauberk and Wighthide Armor from Delera's chain, and Gerard's Dryden's Mace & Gerard's Mail from The Crypt of Gerard Dryden, along with the Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds (Catacombs) can no longer be acquired.
    - Coronach, the Rune Arm from Thrall of the Necromancer, has no Epic Version, and drops as the Heroic version in both the Epic and Heroic quest (unsure if bug or WAI).

Useful pages:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...w-2-Named-Loot (shows the supposedly new versions of the missing items - both the Robe of Duality and Cloak of the Asylum appear here, with both a Heroic and Epic version)
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...obe-of-Duality (thread posing the same question as this thread, unanswered)
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_45_named_items (similar list to this one, but not as complete)
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Delera%27s_Tomb and https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Catacombs (need updating)
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Robe_of_Duality and https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cloak_of_the_Asylum (show the old versions of the 2 missing items, used as reference for people to check if the version they have is the old one or the new one - so far everyone that has a copy of these items turned out to have an old version)

With that said, here is the named item list:

~~~ Catacombs ~~~

The Friar's Niece: Blade of Inquisition, Goggles of the Inquisition, Templar's Chain - Epic Goggles of the Inquisition, Epic Templar's Chain, Epic Blade of Inquisition

Return to the Sanctuary: Eternal Rest, Templar's Leather, Dagger of Inquisition - Epic Eternal Rest, Epic Templar's Leather, Epic Dagger of Inquisition

The Old Archives: Mask of the Asylum, Guidance, Templar's Mail - Epic Guidance, Epic Templar's Mail, Epic Mask of the Asylum

The Crypt of Gerard Dryden: Boots of Faith, Marguerite's Necklace, Morningstar of the Heretic - Epic Marguerite's Necklace, Epic Boots of Faith, Epic Morningstar of the Heretic

Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral: Pillar of Light, Silver Flame Bracers, Ring of the Archbishop - Epic Silver Flame Bracers, Epic Ring of the Archbishop, Epic Pillar of Light

Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt: (No Named Items)

Endgame: Marguerite: Sanctuary, Flamekeep Docent, Eternal Wand of Magic Missile (BtCoA) - Epic Flamekeep Docent, Epic Sanctuary, Epic Arcanum Stave (+ Epic Holistic Stave I assume - can anyone confirm?)

Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate: Cardinal's Gloves, Wooden Prayer Beads, Candlelight - Epic Cardinal's Gloves, Epic Candlelight, Epic Wooden Prayer Beads

~~~ Delera ~~~

The Mystery of Delera's Tomb: Sparkstriker, Headman's Hood, Black Lace Blindfold, Obsidian Dagger, Delera's Vestment - Epic Sparkstriker, Epic Delera's Vestment, Epic Headman's Hood, Epic Black Lace Blindfold, Epic Osidian Dagger

The Missing Party: Devotion, Boneshard Flute, Switchblade Boots, Serpentbranch, Hellfire Cloak - Epic Hellfire Cloak, Epic Devotion, Epic Boneshard Flute, Epic Switchblade Boots, Epic Serpentbranch

Free Delera: Iron Manacles, Sigil of Stormreach, Docent of the Tomb, Carnifex, Trapsmith's Toolbelt - Epic Carnifex, Epic Iron Manacles, Epic Sigil of Stormreach, Epic Trapsmith's Toolbelt, Epic Docent of the Tomb

Thrall of the Necromancer: Wrath of Siberys, Skeleton Key, Golden Cartouche, Linen Wraps, Coronach (drops in Epic too, has no Epic version) - Epic Linen Wraps, Epic Wrath of Siberys, Epic Skeleton Key, Epic Golden Cartouche

--> TL;DR: As you can see, each quest in the Catacombs chain drops 3 named items (with the exception of Epic Endgame: Marguerite, due to the Eternal Wand of Magic Missile having no exact Epic version), thus leaving no obvious location as to where the Robe of Duality and Cloak of the Asylum (Heroic OR Epic) drop from. This, along with the fact that the chains no longer offer named items and the fact that I have run each quest dozens of times, leads me to believe that either 1) those 2 items where never shipped with U45, despite being in the Lamannia preview (in which case I'd like to know if that was a bug or intended), or 2) those 2 items are very very rare drops from a particular (or any) chest in the chain (I find this scenario extremely unlikely).

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Firebreed; 05-02-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Thank you for this list, it shows me where some items I'm interested it drop.

Sadly I decided against farming them due to that stupid "run entire chain for one chest" rule (since items I'm interested it are in quests whose end chest requires quest completion, and I burned myself once ((8 times)) on chest rerolls, so one big NOPE on it)

SSG, can we PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHERRY ON TOP run each quest separately after running chain once?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    Thank you for this list, it shows me where some items I'm interested it drop.

Sadly I decided against farming them due to that stupid "run entire chain for one chest" rule (since items I'm interested it are in quests whose end chest requires quest completion, and I burned myself once ((8 times)) on chest rerolls, so one big NOPE on it)

SSG, can we PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHERRY ON TOP run each quest separately after running chain once?
    Good time to mention that the quests whose end chests can't be accessed without completion are:

- Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral
    - Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate

- Free Delera
    - Thrall of the Necromancer

Community Member

Free delera can be repeated as many times as you want as long as you don't progress the chain at all. You just click on the door and start the quest again.