Default str ranger 30 gear

So after a long absence, I've returned recently and am working on putting my str ranger back together. Though the gearing for endgame seems to be an even bigger pitr (pain in the rear) than it used to be. Most gearing lists I've sought out are already rocking atleast 2 pieces of the current raid loot, and well.. I'm not even close to the runs needed for one piece let alone two. So I'm asking to see if anyone has put together a decent str ranger end game gear setup non raid at this time to save me from a slight early balding period.

Btw I don't consider the artifacts raid loot as they can be pretty easily farmed.
    Last edited by Xaxx; 04-27-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Community Member

What's your current build and set up? Also are you TWF or a Bow user?

Yeah I guess I should have been slightly more clear, 30 str based tempest twf as per normal. His current str mele twf gearing is pre ravenloft. So it requires a complete overhaul of pretty much everything, and trying to do the gear tetris to try and make sharn gear work is well.. a massive pitr. Still haven't figured it out, so wondering if someone has a decent gear layout I can copy till I can grab raid gear.

Community Member

I play a DEX based tempest with only one raid loot item from THTH: Cornerstone Champ belt.
    BUT, all of the below DEX slotted gear can be subbed with STR...giving you a solid STR tempest. I think most Tier 1 STR tempests are using 2-3 raid items. But below is just fine.
    Hope it helps give you an idea.

Gear-Out:
    Wildcard
    Family Recruit Sigil
    Hammerfist
    Slavers Bracs
    Umber Brim
    Cornerstone Champion(Q-DEX)
    Spectre Boots
    Cloak of Balance
    Collective Sight (I-DEX)
    Taer Valaestas
    Celestial Ruby Ring (DEX)
    CC trinket

Default Gear Tetris for Ranger - DEX based Tempest TWF

...but also adjustable to STR based with only minor modifications!

See my replies in other threads:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6222871
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6223072
    Argonessen - Guild: "Married with Children" / Clagor Dan - Elf - Tempest (18 Ranger / 1 Barbarian / 1 Rogue) / Glagor Dan - Drow - Pale Master (18 Wizard / 2 Rogue)

Community Member

Search tempest in the builds section on that "other" website. A lot to read thru but very good info.

I was a str based tempest at cap for 6 months when sharn first popped.

The 3 peice family set from sharn is auto for any melee and you prob know that already. So armor, neck and fists are locked up.

What i used was:
    Wrists=brand od kolak shash +22 str +5 Qdeadly and fire absorb and arti with 3 sent slots
    Eyes=options here. Collective sight can double up on some stats and nice choice but i like precision lenses. +3 action boosts and these are essential to tempests to stay hasted. +9 ins to str as well as +15 melee alcr. Manslayer too but meh.
    Cloak=leg mantle of fury. +19 con +22 ds +19 dodge
    Helm= umber brim +7 ins decpt and +2 profane stat
    Belt=belt of sure strikes 10 ins seeker 5 Q combat master
    Boots= the too hot too handle boots are nice and allow some gear shifting but since we are talking no raid loot i still use the knife toed boots. 4 Q seeker 4 Qstr. Coukd craft a slavers peice here if you got mats.
    Ring=celestial ruby +23 stun ghostly and can put a 21 stat which int woukd be good since you most likely will use kta
    Ring2= cannith craft something or slavers your choice. Think i had a hide dex ring i cannith crafted but that was when you got sneak attack for evry 3 points of hide of hide
    Trinket=thisnone tough because you need ins con the symbol of slave lords gives +8 con and lesser displace and you glassy as **** as tempest. But that bottle of smoke so tasty with +17 decept and sneak attack so big on tempest its prob way to go.

And my advice is dont get hit. Lkke ever in high skull because you a wet paper bag.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by count_spicoli; 07-09-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce