Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

I guess I could always downgrade to Windows 7, install DDO there, then upgrade the operating system ?

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

LOTRO updates correctly ; DDO Llamania updates correctly.

It's just the live DDO launcher that's refusing to update the rest of the game files. And I've tried in 3 separate DDO setups.

Oh well, maybe today's patch will fix something ...

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    LOTRO updates correctly ; DDO Llamania updates correctly.

It's just the live DDO launcher that's refusing to update the rest of the game files. And I've tried in 3 separate DDO setups.
    eh -- it was hardware ...

Oh well, at least it was el cheapo hardware that I can soon replace with better.

I will still probably need to reinstall DDO and LOTRO sigh ...

Community Member

Cool how to get your hotbars back after fresh install

[QUOTE=Mikke;6317994]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbourn View Post
    Same problem. I did what Cordovan recommended and the launcher keeps shutting down at 88%. I have 30 characters on my main server. I just did a fresh install a few months ago. Does anyone know how to keep your hotbars when you do a fresh install. It’s took me two weeks to get them back last time

Thanks in advance

So this bit of awesome info was courtesy of Vooduspyce on one of his videos; can't remember exactly which one but could have been one of the Druid Northwynd series. Here is a link to Warlock build that references tons of great resource links at end of OP.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...mpanion-thread

/ui_layout_save_charactername

This command saves the UI/hotbar layout to a path outside the game data folders (E.g. C:\Users\yourloggedonusernamehere\Documents\Dungeo ns and Dragons Online\ui\layouts)

/ui_layout_load_charname

This command loads the previously saved UI/hotbar layout.

When a change is made to the hotbar/UI layout that you wish to keep, just remember to input the "/ui layout save charname" command to overwrite the existing toonname.layout file located in the layouts folder.

~Cheers!!

PS: I too am experiencing the launcher patching issue with this update.

"This has happened before, and it WILL happen again...."

NOTE: last week's patch loaded/updated just fine but previous updates failed with exact same behavior; this is an intermittent randomly reoccurring issue.

Please see the below thread for iterations of same exact error messages and behavior.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...topped-working

The issue resolved itself over time per the above thread.
    Last edited by syrion52; 04-29-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    eh -- it was hardware ...

Oh well, at least it was el cheapo hardware that I can soon replace with better.

I will still probably need to reinstall DDO and LOTRO sigh ...
    Yay it worked !!

1) Replace faulty hardware which was corrupting the data

2) Delete everything in the game folder

3) Delete the "Dungeons and Dragons Online" folder in Documents

4) Reinstall DDO entirely from scratch.

5) Launch DDO and let it patch & update

(step 1 may not be necessary if the data was corrupted by something other than hardware)

This may not work in every case, so caveat emptor, but it worked at this end anyway.

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

It worked for LOTRO too. (yay !!)

My guess is that OP has data corruption, potentially caused by systemic hardware failure (not necessarily internal to the computer, though it probably is -- as faulty electrics or telephone/etc can provoke the same type of damage, and in an annoyingly recurrent fashion ; one of my personal worst IT nightmares was caused by a VERY tardily diagnosed bad computer case).

The causes of data corruption are among the most annoying kind of computer problems one can encounter, even when you know what you're doing and how these electronic boxes work ...

I hope that OP can succeed in sorting his problems !!!

Default Some directions from the help pages about launcher errors

This error can also come up because of a patch file being corrupted during the download/patching process. Please go to the main installation folder as detailed above and check if any files exist in the Bindat and Patches folders. If there are files, please do one of the following, depending on what type of file there is. (Note: If you find no files or those folders do not list, skip to step "5" below)

1. First make sure the game/game launcher is not running at all.
    2. If you find a temporary file (.tmp), please delete this file. Then try to launch the game launcher again and see if the game continues past the error.
    3. If you find a complete file with any extension such as .dll, .exe, or .dat, please select it, then press "Ctrl" and "C" (copy), click the "Back" button in the upper-left corner of the folder window and then press "Ctrl" and "V" to paste the file, and click yes to overwrite if prompted.
    4. Try to launch the launcher again and see if the game is able to continue past the error.
    5. If nothing is found in those folders, please go to the "Backup folder and copy the contents of that folder out to the main installation folder.
    6. This will revert the program files for the game to the previous versions. Now, restart the launcher and repatch the program files again and see if the game is now able to continue.

So basicaly make sure game is not running, check the Bindat and Patches folders wherever you have the game installed, deleting any .tmp files there, and copy/paste any file that is not .tmp one level up to the main game folder.

I saw the second suggestion of copying the backup folder out, but didn't see the other info posted, so I thought this might help if anyone is still having problems.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

You might need to ensure that -

- there is enough space for temporary files on the disc
    - there is enough space for the whole game (I have something between 13 & 14 GB there).
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Thumbs down Client still won't update!

Client still won't update after waiting for months for a fix.
    tried everything i could find.

Community Member

Default Firewall issue

First off: Yes, I realize how old this thread is. I decided to re-install DDO recently, ran into this same issue (I'm certain it's the same issue) and this was the first thing that popped up in Google when troubleshooting.

I tried disabling my anti-virus, software firewall, and all the other protection apps that come with it. None of that worked. I left the installer running overnight (others had reported that as a possible solution) but that didn't fix it. It wasn't until I remembered I have a hardware firewall as well that I made progress. I disabled the HW firewall, restarted the installer, and the app proceeded to update. In the end, this ended up being a firewall issue for me. Hopefully that helps someone else on the verge of throwing their monitor across the room...

Community Member

This has just saved my nerves and my very life! Have been having this issue for almost a year, and after yesterday's system reinstallation I was forced to go through the day&night hanging nighmare again. Luckily, out of desperation, thinking the fresh installation from the site will require the whole *** week again, I googled this out, and IT'S WORKING! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    This error can also come up because of a patch file being corrupted during the download/patching process. Please go to the main installation folder as detailed above and check if any files exist in the Bindat and Patches folders. If there are files, please do one of the following, depending on what type of file there is. (Note: If you find no files or those folders do not list, skip to step "5" below)

1. First make sure the game/game launcher is not running at all.
    2. If you find a temporary file (.tmp), please delete this file. Then try to launch the game launcher again and see if the game continues past the error.
    3. If you find a complete file with any extension such as .dll, .exe, or .dat, please select it, then press "Ctrl" and "C" (copy), click the "Back" button in the upper-left corner of the folder window and then press "Ctrl" and "V" to paste the file, and click yes to overwrite if prompted.
    4. Try to launch the launcher again and see if the game is able to continue past the error.
    5. If nothing is found in those folders, please go to the "Backup folder and copy the contents of that folder out to the main installation folder.
    6. This will revert the program files for the game to the previous versions. Now, restart the launcher and repatch the program files again and see if the game is now able to continue.

So basicaly make sure game is not running, check the Bindat and Patches folders wherever you have the game installed, deleting any .tmp files there, and copy/paste any file that is not .tmp one level up to the main game folder.

I saw the second suggestion of copying the backup folder out, but didn't see the other info posted, so I thought this might help if anyone is still having problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12