Thread: The Deathstar

Community Member

Default The Deathstar

Nvm, ranged builds don't do enough damage now, and none of the allowed favored weapons have enough shots/attack to make the % proc on hit of holy ret work well. Have to wait until shuriken or repeater are allowed as favored weapons and they revert some of the ranged damage nerfs and for a heavy armor ranged set.

Toss ranged paladin into the "hasn't happened in 10 years and probably never will" bin.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-21-2020 at 10:55 AM.

does Executioner’s Shot/Holy Ret. proc on spellplague ‘extra shurikens’ (the estar challenge ones)? I am not sure if it is coded as an extra shuriken or just an extra proc per star. I was messing around with them and tried the poison effect and it seemed that the sentient poison procced on the spellplague too

I would not underestimate the fun of perfect pinnacle and fire stance—the blind seems to proc very often and it works on ranged weapons. It may not seem optimal as to gearing but you can play around with it even with just the heroic ring. It procs so well that I have wondered about 14 rogue/3 monk/3 ranger sneak damage shuri builds.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    does Executioner’s Shot/Holy Ret. proc on spellplague ‘extra shurikens’ (the estar challenge ones)? I am not sure if it is coded as an extra shuriken or just an extra proc per star. I was messing around with them and tried the poison effect and it seemed that the sentient poison procced on the spellplague too
    So spellplague isn't extra shuriken, it is extra affixes randomly rolled, equal to the normal amount of base affixes, with the extra affixes changing every throw. It is fairly powerful on the level 24 ones with 4 base level 24 affixes, more powerful than T1 thunderforged. Especially if your base affixes are good, such as paralyzing.

You could fit in the perfect pinnacle if you used RL ins. charisma boots, and moved the quality charisma to the slavers item. Would lose some healing power and hp and displacement, but the blind would allow sneak damage to work. This should have stuns and dazes from KoTC, but haven't tried it yet to see if that is good enough with the imp. deception on ring for sneak damage. Could always swap in Celestia, and that would do it as well.

I've done the rogue/monk shuriken sneak damage build. It did really solid dps. I think it was 13/6/1.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-28-2020 at 06:57 PM.