Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 4th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, March 4th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 45.3. Click here for the Release Notes.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 03-04-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Really hope this addresses the crippling lag locking & stop motion gameplay we've had in the past few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Really hope this addresses the crippling lag locking & stop motion gameplay we've had in the past few weeks.
    The release notes say nothing about any optimizations made to address even one aspect of lag.

Don't get your hopes up.

If lag improves, it is most likely due to the restart tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Any chance that this will address the issue of the in game volume being reset at every loggin/logout? Or is that just a "my machine" problem?
    "We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap... oh, wait. This is D&D, yes we can!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zander108 View Post
    Any chance that this will address the issue of the in game volume being reset at every loggin/logout? Or is that just a "my machine" problem?
    If your UserPreferences.ini is read only your changes wont save.

I see nothing is being done to fix hit box with 2hf can we get this fixed soon please.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    If your UserPreferences.ini is read only your changes wont save.
    Any idea why this might suddenly change after 9 years without any input from me? I don't even know how to change those settings. It's seems to have been doing this since the previous patch.

I have tried both 32 bit and 64 bit, and still have the same issue with the audio Master Volume resetting to full volume upon login. No changes to my hardware.
    Last edited by Zander108; 03-04-2020 at 05:14 AM.
    "We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap... oh, wait. This is D&D, yes we can!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mofus View Post
    I see nothing is being done to fix hit box with 2hf can we get this fixed soon please.
    We did adjustments to THF timing and hitboxes in U45 patch 1 and 2 respectively; at this time, we do not have plans for further changes to those.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Oh I found the gem in the update notes:

Alchemist trainers no longer sometimes turn into the wrong class trainer after offering tips.
    Bwahaha! I have heard of 'Gender Identity Disorder' but 'D&D Class Identity Disorder' is a new one.

I can just see it...

Trainer shares benign game related tip -> ->
    Trainer experienced existential identity crisis

Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member

Default Alchemist

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, March 4th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 45.3. Click here for the Release Notes.
    Does the immunity to magic missile still not work? I got so sick of Alchemist 1 did one life Just to keep hero completion. Really sucks they put out such a horrible class with so many bugs.

I hope they don't do this with Shapeshifter Race. On a race you have to do 3 lives to keep completion. Such a silly grind anymore.

Community Member

No fix to Vigor of Life T4+T5 kotc?

If you grab the T4 only it does nothing, if you grab both you only get 30 Heal amp instead of 60.

I know you are busy and that you probably dont have the time but when you get around to it could you put some
    active/passive survivability into the T5 vigor of life instead of 2 identical enhancements, so 30 or 60 amp in the T4 vigor of life
    and some survivability in the T5.

I feel that dps paladin is way behind the curve of survivability in high end reaper compared to other melee dps like barb/fighter/alch/monk/rogue/druid/ranger.
    Heck even my previous melee build (18 bard 1 barb 1 fvs) had better survivability than current paladin build.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohagi View Post
    No fix to Vigor of Life T4+T5 kotc?

If you grab the T4 only it does nothing, if you grab both you only get 30 Heal amp instead of 60.
    In actuality, all Paladins have the +30 from the T4 version whether they have the enhancement or not. I believe this is fixed in this patch (unsure why it didn't make the notes) , will check with QA.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Thumbs up

Worlds seem to be coming back up.

Fast work, guys - gj!

Community Member

Worlds are up.

Am in game
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

The game worlds have reopened.
    Haha! I ninja'd Cordovan!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Steelstar:

Ranged Smite still has a 2 second glowy cool down with crossbows (tested with gxbow, lt xbow and lt repeater). With long bows, it's pretty smooth and very close to the speed as a regular attack. is the xbow cool down WAI and, if it is, what's the reasoning behind that?
    Per Cocomajobo - Ranged has easy access to AOE - apparently 3 feats, BAB 11 and Dex 19 is considered easy access these days. post here

Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Hey Cordo....any news on when the broken feat exchange for FvS will be fixed or am I going to have to reincarnate?

Triple points and Otto boxes would appease me