Community Member

Default Game won't launch

The game was working fine until we downloaded some Mac updates. Now once I launch the game it shuts down during the loading process. The white loading screen opens and the last line of the loading text before it crashes says: game_module ==> fail process step

I am not great at problem-solving computer issues... haha. I hope that someone can help!

Community Member

I went into the contents folder and I found another way to launch the game, which gave me a window that didn't disappear after it crashed. The problem is with Wine. Winehq.org says "Wine won't work on macOS Catalina 10.15". Currently, there doesn't seem to be any way to fix this. I guess no more DDO for me

[SSG] >> locate_game_module => module passed
    [SSG] >> game_module => executing `process`
    [SSG] >> launching game...
    [SSG] >> run_prep_module => executing module
    [SSG] >> run_prep_module => module not required, skipping
    000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 4.5 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
    000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
    wine: Bad EXE format for C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online\DNDLauncher.exe.
    [SSG] >> game_module => failed `process` step
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.
    Deleting expired sessions...10 completed.

If you accidentally upgraded to Catalina, you’ll no longer be able to run DDO without buying 3rd party software like Codeweavers.

4. 04-15-2020, 08:26 AM

Reason
    Not correct

Community Member

I'm running Yosemite and having similar problems. Login okay but after selecting server and pushing play the client shuts down
    Last edited by OzDrew; 10-11-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Question

I'm running Yosemite and having similar problems.

Community Member

Crossover 20 works even with Big Sur. I've tried it on two different systems, it worked fine on the older one right away, and after some messing with it, got it to run on the new one. Wine 5 has support for 64-bit macOS, and I'm sure you could make it work with a lot of effort without purchasing Crossover, but Crossover just makes it so much easier. On my newer Macbook Pro, I can run with all video settings at max, and I can use the 64-bit client (yes the Windows client) on Crossover with both systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Myranna View Post
    Crossover 20 works even with Big Sur. I've tried it on two different systems, it worked fine on the older one right away, and after some messing with it, got it to run on the new one. Wine 5 has support for 64-bit macOS, and I'm sure you could make it work with a lot of effort without purchasing Crossover, but Crossover just makes it so much easier. On my newer Macbook Pro, I can run with all video settings at max, and I can use the 64-bit client (yes the Windows client) on Crossover with both systems.
    I'd like to run DDO on Big Sur but... what exactly do you mean "some messing with it?"
    Last edited by dunsndras; 09-07-2021 at 06:38 AM.