Community Member

Default Crystal Wolves looking for help in raids

Hey Thelanis,

Crystal Wolves is a new guild with new players. We are learning DDO now for about 3 months. We are approaching a point where we will need help with the Abbot Raid in the Necropolis and the final raid in Gianthold. We are looking for another guild which will be patient as we learn the in and outs of these raids. Yes we do read the wiki DDO but reading and doing can sometimes be different things. We do not wish to be zerged through as that will not facilitate our understanding of the raids. Right now we run a 15 paladin, a 14 cleric, and a 14 sorc/2bard. This combination with the occasional hiring has served us well and we hope to supplement with other players/guild who can help us.

Thanks,

Thessie, Thessy, Graceve, Sisseye, Savorey, Shadall

You picked the wrong server, friend. No one raids anymore on Thelanis. Everyone who did transferred to another server ages ago or quit playing altogether. Even some of the old big guilds have jumped ship. Everyone left here is just on the TR hamster wheel. And when they run out of wheel they realize there's nothing else to do and transfer to another server.

It used to have the reputation (deserved or not) of being the place for hardcore min/maxers who do not suffer newbs. I'm sure that reputation didn't help entice new players to consider Thelanis. Now it's nothing. A ghost of it's former self.

I recommend starting over on Orien or Khyber. Or doing a character transfer. Or if you don't mind soloing and sticking to the TR wheel a while I'm sure that when server merges eventually happen, Wayfinder and Thelanis will be the first to go.
    Last edited by Draxis; 03-09-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Community Member

So we will do what we did with the level 6 raid. When we get above level we will go and do it ourselves.

@ Thes' - There are some great instructional vids on YouTube for Abbot, and (most) all the other raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxis View Post
    No one raids anymore on Thelanis.
    Bull.

While it may be quite true that raids don't happen nearly as often, I see raids all the time. And there is more than enough traffic on Thel' to support PUG raids.

That said, Abbot is a challenge that does not often get run anywhere.

But maybe a Guild like the 'Wolves can change that frequency, for that one and others.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thessie View Post
    Hey Thelanis,

Crystal Wolves is a new guild with new players. We are learning DDO now for about 3 months. We are approaching a point where we will need help with the Abbot Raid in the Necropolis and the final raid in Gianthold. We are looking for another guild which will be patient as we learn the in and outs of these raids. Yes we do read the wiki DDO but reading and doing can sometimes be different things. We do not wish to be zerged through as that will not facilitate our understanding of the raids. Right now we run a 15 paladin, a 14 cleric, and a 14 sorc/2bard. This combination with the occasional hiring has served us well and we hope to supplement with other players/guild who can help us.

Thanks,

Thessie, Thessy, Graceve, Sisseye, Savorey, Shadall

I'll help when I can. When are you guys usually on?
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member HedgeHogShadow's Avatar

Default Would love to join in

Hi there,

It's true that it's hard to find groups doing raids, but there are still a lot of folks that would love to do raids just for fun and learning. My guild is small, but we have 2 or 3 that would join in and help. What time(s) are you normally on?
    Occupy Stormreach

Community Member

We live in Maryland USA, our times are usually 4 PM to 8 PM on weekdays and any time on Sat. and afternoon / evenings on Sunday. We are still going through the Upper Narcopolis dungeons right now. If you need those you can join us as well.

Graceve is the cleric, Snaildude in the paladin, and Tabbyslime is the sorc/bard.

If these times work for you please send me a message in game (Grace) and hopefully we can work this out.