Community Member

Default old player returning need advice on pally build for past lives.

As the title states I'm returning after a long break on my alt and want to get my pally past lives knocked out. I have all races available and can farm most of the loot on my main toon. This is a 3rd life toon "2 sorc past lives" it has +8 tomes. My question with the new pally changes is sword and board better or TWF? This will be a solo only toon. As I work weird hours and can't commit to a schedule for a group. And yes, I know any toon can make it to 20 but I want to do it as painless as possible. I tried to search but most builds aren't U45 or are very old/ made for end game content.

so, sword and shield or TWF?
    does the race really matter?
    Best stats still str, cha, con?
    If I go S/B is shield bash my best course for damage? and if so, do I take the whole shield mastery line of feats or SWF?
    Is tower shield worth taking?

Thank you for any help, links, builds, or even sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by halos View Post
    so, sword and shield or TWF?
    Both will work on their own way, its personal preference really which do you like the most. How about THF? It just got boosted...

does the race really matter?
    Imo, nope. Some say it does, so... pick your poison i guess, lol.

Best stats still str, cha, con?
    Well, i'd say STR is pretty straightforward. CHA will work for some extent (PDK helps) as do INT (harper) and WIS (falconry).
    Also, CON is always somewhat important (because: obvious reasons).

If I go S/B is shield bash my best course for damage? and if so, do I take the whole shield mastery line of feats or SWF?
    Is tower shield worth taking?
    Shield bash can only happer once per second, keep that in mind. So your best dmg will come from your main hand.
    I would deffo take shield mastery feats if going s&b. Also consider taking bastard sword or dwarven axe with THF feats (got some love on u45)
    If you go SWF you can only use an orb or nothing in your off hand, so no s&b with SWF for paladin.
    *EDIT3*
    Im using a tower shield with my Vanguard fighter, it gives nice PRR and stuff... but i think large shields are nice too. *shrug*

Thank you for any help, links, builds, or even sarcasm.
    Yw, good luck

*edit*
    For example: unbongwah has some nice builds, will list just one here and let you find out the rest
    (also check StrimToms vanguard build/videos, i've found them helpful) Also some others with very good ideas/build i have found here or youtube.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-of-Helm-(U45)

*edit2*
    Check eg. this thread for some "past life" builds

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-Build-Please
    Last edited by Xandez; 02-26-2020 at 02:47 PM.