Thread: No Audio

Default No Audio

I run 2 accounts ,the first one works great , but when I log the second , no Audio.
    The sound playback does not see my headset. It only has none.
    The voice capture AND the voice playback see my headset.
    How do I fix the sound playback? Did not have this issue until the update.

Any help would be appreciated

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but it may help you if it is. Like you the voice capture and playback recognize my headset. However, since the last update the game client does not recognize that I have multiple audio devices for Sound Playback. It has two options in the Sound Playback drop-down menu, but both of them are for my speakers. The client seems to only recognize the Windows default sound device.

It order for me get the game audio in my USB headset I have to go to the Windows Sound Settings and change the Windows default output device to my headset. After that the game client still doesn't correctly ID my headset, but changing the DDO client to use "speakers" instead of "speakers" and then changing it back to "speakers" makes the audio come out in my headset.

Then when I'm done playing DDO I have to change Windows to use my speakers as the default sound device so that I can get system audio out of my speakers like normal.

I'm using the 64bit client. I don't have this issue with the 32bit client.

Thanks for the insight, but the problem is in the drop down all it has is none. I've tried to see if I can change settings in windows to no avail. I can change back to 32 bit and it sees it just fine. so not sure what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremes View Post
    Thanks for the insight, but the problem is in the drop down all it has is none. I've tried to see if I can change settings in windows to no avail. I can change back to 32 bit and it sees it just fine. so not sure what's up.
    Realize that this is old, but just had the same problem where 'none' showed up without any options in game for audio.
    In windows 10, I right-clicked the audio icon on the taskbar and went to "Sounds" -> "Playback".
    From there, I disabled all the devices I wasn't using. After disabling the output to my USB microphone (which has a headphone jack - AT2005USB from audiotechnica), my sound options showed up properly in game and worked as intended.

Lapsed player from 2009-2011 that returns for Hardcore Leagues.