Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alchemist bugs

Hero

Default Alchemist bugs

Restorative Draught doesn't restore negative levels and doesn't cure stat damage.

Flash Freeze has a spell pen check?! You can clearly see this when trying to freeze a wisp in Into the Mists or the iron golems in VON4 right after you defeat the MCU.

Apothecary core 2 magic missile immunity is not functional.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Heal Admixture spell does not cure stat damage or conditions.

Stone of the Savant doesn't appear to be adding elemental resistances.

Buff spells, like displace, break invisibility.

Melt Lock doesn't work.

Community Member

Caustic Solvent (acid aoe) does electric bonus damage with burning ambition

As stated above and cannot be stated enough times or with enough emphasis CORE TWO OF APOTHECARY DOES NOT WORK

Accelerate spell does not seem to function, at all, it neither speeds the projectile nor decreases the arc and spell arcs seem to be chosen at random anyway.

Vial smash spells (at least the acid one for sure) do not activate burning ambition die.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmak View Post
    Caustic Solvent (acid aoe) does electric bonus damage with burning ambition
    Noticed this today.

As stated above and cannot be stated enough times or with enough emphasis CORE TWO OF APOTHECARY DOES NOT WORK
    Just got killed in Old Bonegrinder because of this bug.

Accelerate spell does not seem to function, at all, it neither speeds the projectile nor decreases the arc and spell arcs seem to be chosen at random anyway.
    This, I disagree with. I've been using it, and it definitely cuts the arc and speeds the projectile.

Vial smash spells (at least the acid one for sure) do not activate burning ambition die.
    Huh.

I was surprised and annoyed when Wave of Poison was labeled cereulite but is in fact crimsonite.

I built into it with a soothing poultices splash in order to be splashing heals with pulses of poison AoE, just to find that spraying the SLA would kill my reaction and disable the temporary hit point buff. I hope it triggering the crimsonite reaction isn't working as intended.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Restorative Draught doesn't restore negative levels and doesn't cure stat damage.
    This is incorrect, it does. You need to hard target yourself. I went into Lost Temple of Vol at level 16 and got hit with 15 neg levels against the red named Quell because I forgot to refresh my Death Ward clicky. /blah 8 casts of Restorative Draught brought be back to being able to throw a Greater Resto scroll on myself and remove the final 7 neg levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Flash Freeze has a spell pen check?! You can clearly see this when trying to freeze a wisp in Into the Mists or the iron golems in VON4 right after you defeat the MCU.
    Flash Freeze isn't a direct damage spell. Most control spells that don't do direct damage have a spell pen check. Flash Freeze is pretty awesome, as it hits pretty much any corporeal mob out there, so I don't mind that it can bounce off of golems and wisps, which are very hard to CC for any arcane caster.

I did notice, however, that Iron Shavings seems off. The description says "Smash a bottle at your feet to spread Flametouched Iron shavings into the air around you, causing nearby Incorporeal foes that fail a Fortitude save to become Corporeal for 6 seconds, plus 1 second per Caster Level." This implies that the spell is PBAoE, however the game says you need to have a target in order to cast it. When you target a mob and cast it, against Phantom Warriors, Phantom Archers, and Forgotten Wraiths in Oath of Vengeance, the game says they are immune.

So a spell that's supposed to be PBAoE doesn't appear to be, and the mob type that it's supposed to make corporeal seem to be immune to it. I was kind of hoping that you could use Iron Shavings to make ghosts solid, and then use flash freeze to control them (which would have been a very cool mechanic).

Hero

The Apothcary Curative Admixture: Heal SLA (core 5) does not function when hard targeting a player in undead form. The Alchemist Curative Admixture: Heal spell has no such problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    This is incorrect, it does. You need to hard target yourself. I went into Lost Temple of Vol at level 16 and got hit with 15 neg levels against the red named Quell because I forgot to refresh my Death Ward clicky. /blah 8 casts of Restorative Draught brought be back to being able to throw a Greater Resto scroll on myself and remove the final 7 neg levels.
    Can't comment on Restorative Draught; didnt take it.

But Greater Restorative Draught did NOT return my neg levels and I was hard targeting myself. Definitely something wrong with at least the Greater Resto.

Adding my voice to the problem with the second core in apothecary. It does not reliably work. I think it works when it is first taken (and after a tree reset, which i did once and forgot to NOT take the second core.

I was in cloth armor.

I did use a shield wand on myself out of habit. Perhaps when that wore off it took the enhancement buff with it, never to be seen again?

I do get a animation that looks like shield is being cast when i remove and re-equip my cloth armor. But I am not getting the magic missile immunity.

Mass vile(s) all share one cool down ... not sure if bug or on purpose .. though completely irritating if on purpose .. 3 spell slots used only get one spell - if on purpose .. just make it multi select.

Walls/bookshelves/tables/stuff if you are too close to them while hard targeting yourself causes pots to explode and do nothing, this affects the thrown ones like healing not the break at feet ones.

mm immunity from 2nd core does not work.
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

12. 02-18-2020, 07:31 AM

Reason
    tcc

Also cannot use: Alarphon's Staff from war wizards turn in.
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

Quote Originally Posted by Torkzed View Post
    Can't comment on Restorative Draught; didnt take it.

But Greater Restorative Draught did NOT return my neg levels and I was hard targeting myself. Definitely something wrong with at least the Greater Resto.
    All of the restoration spells for Alc currently only work when self-targeting if you have the Accelerate metamagic active. Should be fixed in tomorrow's patch.

Community Member

I couldn't tell last night if the patch fixed the Tier 2 Shield bug or not (assuming it actually came out last night, and isn't happening this morning...). Anyone notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    I couldn't tell last night if the patch fixed the Tier 2 Shield bug or not (assuming it actually came out last night, and isn't happening this morning...). Anyone notice?
    How could you not notice a lengthy download that every DDO update up to date had had so far?

Community Member

The set bonuses for Beacon of Magic (Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power) and Adherent of the Mists (Profane bonus to Universal Spell Power) do not affect Poison power.

These are presumably bugs.

Melt Lock appears to be correctly rolling a spellcraft check to "pick" locks, but the die roll isn't showing. Thus you have no idea if it's actually doing anything unless it actually works. Or how high/low the roll was, thus if it's worth while to keep trying.
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Healing potions don't appear to function in ankle deep water. Nearly died in Spies because of this. Can't tell if bug or WAI; but seriously hope it's a bug.
    Main Character:
    Pyrerose, the Queen of Thorns
    Triple Heroic Completionist. still in love with heroic content
    Current life(#71)
    The Dragon Went Down to Georgia - Pure 20 Bard, Fire based Tiefling Scoundrel Spellsinger.
    Current Project:
    Pure Summoner Challenge - Reach level 30 (mostly) solo with 100% damage done by summoned creatures with max favour.
    Blossomrose, Sister of Pacifism
    20 Druid.
    Find me in Khyber! Proud member of Crusaders of Heaven for... too many years

Hero

Thanks SSG for the Alchemist bug fixes in U45.2. Any updates you can share on the following alchemist bugs?

1. The Apothcary Curative Admixture: Heal SLA (core 5) does not function when hard targeting a player in undead form. The Alchemist Curative Admixture: Heal spell has no such problem.
    2. Heal Admixture spell does not cure stat damage or conditions.
    3. Stone of the Savant doesn't appear to be adding elemental resistances.
    4. Buff spells, like displace, break invisibility.

Feedback on Resto bottles (lesser, regular, greater), as of U45.1:
    - I don't use Accelerate Spell.
    - Lesser and Greater Restoration bottles seem to work correctly (at least I didn't notice any problems with them)
    - Regular Restoration bottle works on myself when self-targeted, but I failed to hit a targeted party member with it - the bottle orbits me for a second and does nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast