Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alchemist bugs

Community Member

Default Bug affecting Necromancer's Bracers

Necromancer's Bracers (Void Lore 15%) bug:

With nothing in bracer slot, my Poison % crit is reported as 27.

With Necromancer's Bracer in bracer slot, my Poison % crit is reported as 24.

(My highest other void lore item is Burnscar Sash at 11%).

Default Sanctified Vial

Sanctified Vial not working. Our Alch/FvS tries to cast it, it says "wrong class".

Community Member

The Orb, Stygian Wrath has an ability called Sinister Chill that says it gives temporary spell points when you cast a Cold, Negative or Poison spell.

It doesn't work for Poison spells.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Sanctified Vial not working. Our Alch/FvS tries to cast it, it says "wrong class".
    TY for posting this.. wish I saw it sooner

If I'm facing a wall (or structure) Its impossible to heal myself.

If I'm falling (with FF) its impossible to heal myself.

Occasionally vials will hit the target and have no effect. I see this mostly with turn to frog (its not a Deathward issue, the spell just doesn't seam to take).

Community Member

Tested today (March 5), Accelerate still not doing anything. Double-checked the spell descriptions to make sure it was eligible, tried both turning Accelerate on for everything and for just the specific spell. Nada. Vials fly on the same trajectory and just as fast (i.e., slowly). Swapped it out.

Lvl 6 heal-like spell still not removing any other effects like disease, etc. About half of my self-heals (all spell-vial versions) disappear with no effect even when self-targetted. As others have noted, facing a wall = never works.

I am wondering if there's some weird racial element to some of these other bugs. I can get the restos to work on me (Halfling), but my friend (non-iconic gnome) can't no matter what he tries. (If it is that, it's even weirder--I would have guessed Gnome is largely based on Halfling).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
    I am wondering if there's some weird racial element to some of these other bugs. I can get the restos to work on me (Halfling), but my friend (non-iconic gnome) can't no matter what he tries. (If it is that, it's even weirder--I would have guessed Gnome is largely based on Halfling).
    I'm playing a halfling alchemist atm. Greater/Lesser restos work fine, regular doesnt hit others, only myself.
    Judging by the height from which Gnomes shoot projectiles (excessive research was done by our guildies during Inquis reign; gnomes shoot from their foreheads), Gnomes are based on Humans.

Default more alchemist bugs

more alchemist bugs:
    1) its impossible to self heal while in the air. So no self healing possible while on a sorsled, while falling, or while on air jumps.
    2) no alchemist heals trigger empyerian magic from DC destiny.
    3) if I have a undead player targeted SLA heal and cure serious wounds will not cast. SLA cure light wounds, and spell heal and cure critical wounds will heal. All of these are admixtures.

I would say about 30% of all my heals targeting fellow players fail to land for one reason or another. Many of those reasons have been listed in this thread previously.

9. 03-25-2020, 03:07 PM

10. 04-08-2020, 09:42 PM

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Default Alchemist Knowledge Potions?

Does Alchemist Knowledge Potions work on admixtures? I think its supposed to (like Artificers) but doesn't seem to or did that get removed altogether?

Hap

Community Member

Melt Lock has a self contradictory description in which it spends a paragraph explaining that it rolls a d20 + Spellcraft to pick any lock a sufficiently skilled rogue could pick and then another line saying it functions like the Knock spell.

The correct one is that it functions like a Knock spell, rolling a d20 + Caster Level + Spellcasting Ability Modifier (Intelligence, in this case). This gives it a useless dc for legendary content in particular.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    1 Multivial doesn't deal damage as listed, probably MCL is off and 20 to start.
    Confirmed empirically that

Multivial is almost certainly MCL 20, and probably rises to MCL 30 with Master of Spellvials.

See: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...86#post6317586

Vile Chemist Poisoned Shot does not work while moving when dual wielding Light/Heavy crossbows. Two shots fire that have no effect on the target and no dice roll occurs. On target dummy, the physical shots register as hits (the dummy moves/flashes a hit). Confirmed with Poisoned coating on/off, Law on your side on/off, Precise Shot on/off, with and without runearm equipped. Movement appears to be the key.

Functions correctly while stationary. Functions while moving with G-Xbow and Repeaters.

This one annoyed the **** out of me until I confirmed what it was.

Community Member

13 Wave of Poison was labeled cereulite but is in fact crimsonite.
    They must have fixed this. When I cast Wave of Poison today it proc'd blue/Ceruleite. I use it to initiate Orchidium spike all the time.
    "The imagination is not … the faculty for forming images of reality; it is the faculty for forming images which go beyond reality..." - Gaston Bachelard

Alchemist Action Boost doesn't benefit from Core 2 Legendary Dreadnaught (Action Hero). Is that wai?

Cheers,
    Titus
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Alchemist Action Boost doesn't benefit from Core 2 Legendary Dreadnaught (Action Hero). Is that wai?
    Which action boost? I didn't think Alchemist had any.

Bottled Boost spells have similar effects to Action Boosts, but they are not actually Action Boosts themselves, they are spells.

So if you mean Action Hero didn't shorten the cool-down on spells, that sure seems like it would be WAI. Similarly, things that give Extra Action Boosts don't give you extra SP or something to cast Bottled Boost spells with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Which action boost? I didn't think Alchemist had any.

Bottled Boost spells have similar effects to Action Boosts, but they are not actually Action Boosts themselves, they are spells.

So if you mean Action Hero didn't shorten the cool-down on spells, that sure seems like it would be WAI. Similarly, things that give Extra Action Boosts don't give you extra SP or something to cast Bottled Boost spells with.
    You are right, Bottled Boosts. Since they are similiar to Action Boost I was wondering if this is wai.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Slight addition to #18 - Soarsleds. Cannot use self targetted bottles on soarsleds unless you fly within a few feet of a floor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post
    I'm playing a halfling alchemist atm. Greater/Lesser restos work fine, regular doesnt hit others, only myself.
    Judging by the height from which Gnomes shoot projectiles (excessive research was done by our guildies during Inquis reign; gnomes shoot from their foreheads), Gnomes are based on Humans.
    Sorry to necro this, and it is a bit off topic, but this is interesting as it suggests that gnomes should not get any advantage over large races (at least up to human size) in hitting multiple short targets with Improved Precise Shot. The idea that it would was one of the reasons why I have done so many gnome lives. Doh.

Consolidated them and added a few more:

1 Multivial doesn't deal damage as listed, MCL is off and 20 to start, 30 with Master of Spellvials (thx for testing Zarkarian).
    2 Helpless from helpless transmutation spells don't Dex 0 mobs for AC and reflex save purposes so if you don't go conjuration you're basically screwed for spell damage mana efficiency, especially on high CR evasion bosses.
    3 Heighten automatically heighten's to spell level 6 instead of to the max spell book level you can cast alchemist spells at.
    4 Life/Death Salve don't say it doesn't work on yourself. Death Salve doesn't work anyways.
    5 Heal didn't restore stats.
    6 Regular Restoration bottle works on myself when self-targeted, but I failed to hit a targeted party member with it - the bottle orbits me for a second and does nothing.
    7 Chemical Weapons didn't reapply after weapon swaps.
    8 Sapping Ambition didn't proc.
    9 Iron shavings doesn't allow freezing newly corporeal mobs.
    10 Stone of the Savant doesn't appear to be adding elemental resistances.
    11 Caustic Solvent (acid aoe) does electric bonus damage with burning ambition
    12 Vial smash spells (at least the acid one for sure) do not activate burning ambition die.
    13 Poisoned Shot is crimsonite, but commonly doesn't work in combat.
    14 Walls/bookshelves/tables/stuff if you are too close to them causes pots to explode and do nothing
    15 The set bonuses for Beacon of Magic (Artifact bonus to Universal Spell Power) and Adherent of the Mists (Profane bonus to Universal Spell Power) do not affect Poison power.
    16 Potions don't explode in ankle deep water.
    17 The Apothecary Curative Admixture: Heal SLA (core 5) and cure serious wounds does not function when targeting a player in undead form.
    18 Falling or flying or soar sledding makes it impossible to heal yourself.
    19 No alchemist heals trigger empyrean magic from DC destiny.
    20 Necromancer Bracers lower Poison Crit %
    21 Potions don't throw at where you target due to potion arc, even if it is a few feet in front of you into the ground like you do with fireball on a sorc.
    22 Potions don't count as spells for EDF or EK range limitations, not sure if bug, since they aren't spells? Due to above bug where throwing potions into the ground doesn't work due to potion arc, this would eliminate the ability to play an EDF or EK Alc. If this does get implemented, they need to change how EDF interacts with AoE spells and have them explode instead of disappear at max range.
    23 En Pointe does 60% of regular attack damage instead of +2W with THF weapons, unknown with 1H, so if you splash a melee Alc with bard you are disappointed.
    24 I'm pretty sure Eldritch Tempest is over-performing the formula it gives.
    25. Inquisitive's Path/mechanical reloader 30% alacrity isn't working on Great Crossbows, so if you make a vile inquisitor GXBow build you are disappointed.
    26. Alchemist poison damage spells are reflex and not fortitude saves, so you can't dps high reflex low fort evasion mobs effectively.
    27. Deadly Poison line of enhancements - tier 1-3 give nothing, tier 4 gives +1 to damage. Tier 5 reliably gives crit threat range, doesn't give + dmg, or to-hit, it's same bug as with Chemical Weapons. Work around is to unequip everything from your hand slots, then reequip both slots at same time. It's not only "visual" bug, those enhancements actually stop working if you change JUST a weapon. So after every scroll use you need to unequip both items from hand slots.
    28. IPS on throwing daggers doesn't work on all named throwing daggers, namely return to sender and the raid throwing dagger, so if you make such a build you are disappointed.
    29. Enlarge is an alchemist metamagic bonus feat, but it doesn't work on any alchemist spell or ability. All alchemist potion throws seem to be automatically double range for free.
    30. Inflict light wounds SLA doesn't work.
    31. Melt lock is knock (13 + transmuatation + int bonus), although it is supposed to be 1d20 + spellcraft.
    32. Occasionally vials will hit the target and have no effect. Presumably due to using incorrect snapshot of prior abilities stats. This isn't unique to alchemist though, missing shots of range, mass frog spell pen, etc. all are likely same type of bug.
    33. Panacea Poultice no longer heals hp.
    34. Vile Chemist Poisoned Shot does not work while moving when dual wielding crossbows.
    35. Not a bug, but VKF T5 abilities count as weapon buffs, so they dispel imbues, so if you make a vkf vile alchemist you are disappointed.
    36. Vile Alchemist defensive roll doesn't say it doesn't work in medium or heavy armor or with adamantine body.
    37. As a healer, when you twist renewal it self-casts on you outside of US but doesn't heal. It isn't supposed to be able to target yourself unless you are in US.
    38. Vile chemist breaks with anything equipped offhand.
    39. Harm (negative energy potions) are absorbed by spell absorption while an undead alchemist or healing an undead ally.
    40. Exceptional (All) spell lore stacks with Exceptional (Element) spell lore, which causes users of certain sets or clouded dreams + Spiral to deal too much damage.
    41. Accelerate doesn't do anything on many abilities.
    42. Sanctified Vial is based on cleric levels.
    Hello, I dont see much updates to your excellent and detailed post, so I'll offer my humble help after a few different alchemist builds ; here is what I tested so far (refering to #bug topic)

5. After many tests, it is not the Heal vial that is not working, but the Heal spell in general. Sometimes it restores stats, sometimes not, 'Curative Admixture : Heal' just suffers the same issue.
    10. Yes, because now 'Stone of the Savant' gives MRR and MRR decap, not elemental resists.
    11. It seems to be corrected, 'Caustic Solvent' does acid damage and 'Burning ambition' adds acid too.
    14. Delicate subject - in theory you need a little space ahed of your character (TBD if its a bug or fully intended in vial throwing technique) so after intense practice I'll say of course! It does not work, dont stick/hug anything like board, chairs, walls if you throw it, it wont work and your arm will ache trying ;p
    18. Obviously since you need to throw your healing vial ahed of you on a solid floor there is no way it would work on a sledge. Disappointing, but no surpise here - not really a bug.
    21. Throwing at selected targets works better now, and even more with accelerate (this goes for #41 too). However you can see differences of arc length when you aim with or without your cursor circle active on screen at no selected target
    28. Sad truth but it's a well known issue since years ago, nothing to do with alchemist.
    38. Maybe because you were supposed to have a throwing item in one hand and only one. Its a shame though the skill does not automatically re-activate if you have right equipment on hand.
    41. Please refer to #21 - and list the skills you tested it, because I did many test on SLA I could disable the Accelerate and it worked correctly by enhancing the arc throw/speed.

Also, saw a post about Stygian Wrath Orb not triggering its free 50sp on poison spells, its true the Heroic version of this gear only works with cold... but the Epic version works fine (cold - poison - negative).

Thx all for keeping this post updated and tell me if I'm wrong, I really appreciate the class and the efforts players provide to point at bugs and mistakes.
    Last edited by FatBudScream; 07-13-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    Wamdalee - Orien - Full Completionnist
    Gromulf - Orien - Rerol

22. 07-03-2020, 10:59 AM

Community Member grubenbrobrobroketv's Avatar

Default Negative immunity stripping bug

with T4 Wizard enhancement allows you to strip negative resistance from mobs.

if you were to multiclass an alch to have this enhancement taken your negative spells will not strip the negative spell immunity even if you use a wizard negative spell to remove the immunity.
    this immunity stripping also doesnt work with lesser death aura/death aura.
    this stripping also only works for undead does not affect constructs that are immune to negative aswell

was looking forward to making an undead alchemist but it seems there may be some bugs preventing this build from functioning well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast