Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I finally managed to kick the x64 client in to life by switching back to DX9. My screen still turns a funky colour and I have to reboot to fix it but it will let me log in and get in game. The options for DX in game are greyed out even though I have the legacy files installed since I play in DX11 all the time in the x86 client. I will stick with the x86 client for now since I am starting to think it could be that there is something a little wonky on my machine somewhere (it's been a while since I wiped it). Once I get my new rig around May time I'll try again then.

Stoner81.

Default AMD RADEON same issue

radeon user here... how do i fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by TorkRaider View Post
    Adding old DirectX drivers...

I finally fixed the 64 bit client issue by downloading and running the Microsoft DirectX package found here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35. My newer Win10 Pro only had DirectX 12 installed and I guess that was OK for the 32 bit but bombed the new 64 bit client. Anyway once I installed the legacy 9/10/11 package everything worked. Hope this helps someone.
    Updating Direct X worked for me ty!

Although I first tried a bunch of other things like firewall settings, Nvidia control panel settings, updating graphics driver... none of that worked but now the 64 bit client is working for me after updating Direct X.

no issues here so far, running just fine

Fixed it just by letting windows update.

So far no issues.

Community Member

I finally fixed the 64 bit client issue by downloading and running the Microsoft DirectX package found here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35. My newer Win10 Pro only had DirectX 12 installed and I guess that was OK for the 32 bit but bombed the new 64 bit client. Anyway once I installed the legacy 9/10/11 package everything worked. Hope this helps someone.
    This solved all the issues on my desktop and laptop.

Community Member

Default d3dx9_42.dll not found

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    This solved all the issues on my desktop and laptop.
    Log Name: System
    Source: Application Popup
    Date: 2/20/2020 12:37:56 PM
    Event ID: 26
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: JReed-10
    Description:
    Application popup: dndclient64.exe - System Error : The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Popup" Guid="{47bfa2b7-bd54-4fac-b70b-29021084ca8f}" />
    <EventID>26</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-20T20:37:56.851899200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1987</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="740" ThreadID="756" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>JReed-10</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="Caption">dndclient64.exe - System Error</Data>
    <Data Name="Message">The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

[[[FYI what I have is]]]
    Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online

02/01/2018 07:03 PM 2,388,176 d3dx9_30.dll
    02/01/2018 07:03 PM 3,495,784 d3dx9_33.dll
    2 File(s) 5,883,960 bytes
    Last edited by oaksun; 02-20-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks TorkRaider. This was essential to fix my issue. The Nvidia control panel wouldn't let me select a card, since there was only one card available. But the Direct X drivers did the trick.
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

As I always say : Microsoft never ships DirecX 9, which means that Microsoft is silently putting the blame on developers ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    1. Open Windows Search, Type: "Nvidia Control Panel", and run the result.
    2. Click "Manage 3D settings"
    3. Click the "Program Settings" tab
    4. Click the "Add" button
    5. In the add list, find dndclient64.exe (must have already tried to run 64bit DDO for it to appear)
    6. Select dndclient64.exe and click "Add Selected Program"
    7. Click the dropdown box under the new selection, and choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor"
    Keep in mind that if a patch updates x64/dndclient64.exe and the game stop launching, then you have to repeat these steps to make it work again.

Community Member thefisherprince's Avatar

Cool Molotov

you sir are a flipping genius - worked like a charm - like taking candy from a baby - working all spiffy in 64 mode <3
    best rogue ever, never miss a trap!
    would someone in the party be kind
    enough to collect my dead body on
    the way by? that'd be swell...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12