Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default DDO Gear Planning Website

New gear planning website: DDO Gear Planner

"Why are my hit points so low?", I asked myself for the 10th time, stepping into a raid and bracing for the shame of being the squishiest guy in the group, again. I've got a Vitality item, Insightful CON +10; I've even switched around my destiny to get some more health. And yet, some ridiculous wizard/sorcerer/peasant split STILL has more life than me.

I did not, as it turned out, actually have my main Enhancement CON item.

Ever wonder if you're getting everything you can out of your gear? Looking for that last point for your Necro DCs?

I've built a website that presents the affixes you care about and helps you pick the right gear for your needs. Check out https://ddo-gear-planner.netlify.com/ and let me know what you think. Mobile friendly!

Want to contribute? Check out the github repo: https://github.com/illusionistpm/ddo-gear-planner

Start by tapping the affixes you're interested in, or typing particular ones into the search box. Your chosen affixes show up at the bottom.

If we're building a melee toon, we might end up with this:

Hit Done and we'll get a list of empty gear slots. Let's tap on Belt and see what we get:

Bronze Dragonscale sounds great. Tap Equip and then add some more gear. As you add more items, you'll see the important affixes are color-coded. Green affixes are applying their bonuses. Orange are overshadowed by something else. Blue affixes are duplicated with something else.

Let's scroll down and see how we're doing:

Not bad. Green here means that we have the maximum available bonus. Orange is "OK" - somewhere in the middle. Red is a very low value. Grey is not present at all. Let's finish off Physical Sheltering by tapping on its Insight button:

There's a list of all the available Insightful Physical Sheltering items. If we had hit the Lock button next to a slot, items in that slot would only be listed at the bottom. We can equip something from the list and see that we're in pretty good shape for that affix and can move on to something else.

That's about it. Give it a try! https://ddo-gear-planner.netlify.com/

Known Issues:
    - Some goofy affixes in the list
    - Need a legend for the color coding
    Last edited by IllusionistPM; 02-17-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionistPM View Post
    - After over a decade without a gear planner, Pfhoenix and I both started one at the same time. Sigh.
    Great minds and all that. =)

Being mobile friendly is a good thing! My gear planner won't be web-based, so there's room in people's toolboxes for both our tools. Is there a way for people to save gear sets with your website?

Community Member

Ha, thanks. Yes, the URL contains all the details of the build, so you can share that. It can get rather long, so I'll probably hook up a shortener or something.

Community Member

Looks pretty solid! I played with putting together a level 10 Ravenloft setup and 15 Sharn setup for my NHB build. It's pretty intuitive. I'll play around with it more this weekend and see if I can break it.

This is super intriguing, I love it! Is there some place where we can submit feedback and report bugs?
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

nice work, thank you

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNoodle View Post
    This is super intriguing, I love it! Is there some place where we can submit feedback and report bugs?
    I'm happy to take feedback here. If there's enough traction, I'll open up the GitHub repo for reports there.

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Great work. I've tried a couple of spreadsheets and EllisDee's gear planner before, but never had any success. I found yours to be intuitive and very helpful.

Two things jumped out at me while I was using it.

1- On the equipment selecting screen I'd like to be able to see what Affixes I picked previously so I know which ones I should be looking for. A list on the side of the screen where they change color or are struck through once they're already included in my selected gear would be great.

and b- Once I'm done I'd like to be able to access a page that just listed the gear I've chosen, ideally with the ability to add a title so I can put the character name and level of the plan.

Thanks for your work on this. It's very impressive.

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    1- On the equipment selecting screen I'd like to be able to see what Affixes I picked previously
    I just looked at your original post again and realize that the list of affixes on the bottom of the page is supposed to be updating. So I guess this isn't a feature request it's a bug report.

I'm using Google Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 on Windows 10. I see the complete list of tracked affexes at the bottom of the page but they all say zero and remain greyed out after making my gear selections.

Is there something I'm missing or is this compatibility issue somewhere?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I'm using Google Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 on Windows 10. I see the complete list of tracked affexes at the bottom of the page but they all say zero and remain greyed out after making my gear selections.
    Hm, weird. Does it work if you reload the page? I've seen that happen once or twice but haven't been able to pin it down.

Good idea on a summary page. I'll put something together.

I'm happy to take feedback here. If there's enough traction, I'll open up the GitHub repo for reports there.
    One thing I've noticed is that the planner doesn't track things like Ghostly or Blur super well. I have them listed as desired affixes, but when they show up on a piece of gear, the trait isn't highlighted, and I can't click on 'Ghostly' down below, it just doesn't show any items.

It would be nice if, after we've affixed a piece of gear, if we could clear that slot, so we can see the other recommended gear. Right now I have to refresh the page and start all over if I decide I don't want that gear anymore. Of course, if I don't have the gear slot locked, I can always just pick a new piece of gear, BUT the planner still considers the trait "covered," so it doesn't try to suggest gear that has stuff traits which are covered by the item I'm trying to replace.
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Hm, weird. Does it work if you reload the page? I've seen that happen once or twice but haven't been able to pin it down.
    Reloading the page and/or copying the url into a new window didn't fix the issue. However, after I closed the browser and started over from scratch it did function normally. It happened again to me later, so I suspect it may be related to something I was doing. In case it helps chase the bug down, both times it occurred for me I was making a low epic gear set; after choosing my affixes I filtered for ML 20-21 and then selected gear by clicking on the gear slot and choosing my items from there. I also found that clicking on the Add Affixes button brought up a blank white page and I was unable to navigate back to the previous page as hitting back would cause the URL to update but still leave me at a blank page.

I like the new starter 'suggested' affixes by archetype you've added and the clear slot button is very useful also.

This is a fantastic tool! Two suggestions:

1. I can add a Slaver's Item to a gear slot but can't currently use drop downs to select the bonuses I want. I know quite a few people using Slaver's items to circumvent problems with slotting MRR, Resistance and Accuracy into builds so this would be greatly appreciated.

2. If I quick on a gear slot option (say, Insightful Sheltering), it brings up a complete option of all gear available. Is it possible to add an easy to use toggle to only view gear where I currently have empty slots?

Keep up this AWESOME work!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Community Member

Some updates since the initial post that address feedback here:
    - Slaver's crafting is now supported.
    - Things like blurry and ghostly are better supported & show up under "Checklist affixes".
    - Added a few "packages" to the initial affix picking screen. More to come & very open to suggestions.
    - I removed the explicit "lock" functionality since it seemed unclear. Now, suggested items will always prefer empty slots. Let's see if that's better.
    - You can now unequip items

Augment slots are probably next on my to-do list.

Purple, I haven't had a chance to look into your bug yet, but appreciate the report.

I'm really digging your tool. I've already managed to use it to figure out my U45 Paladin Gear List, and that's golden.

The new changes above are fantastic, so here's some more feedback for you

Bugs

• Insight Bonus to Stunning is available via Cannith items, but not shown in the Tracked Affixes list
    • Slaver Drop down selections are not showing in the Tracked Affixes list

• The Deadly +17 on The Family's Blessing and the Legendary Family Recruit Sigil are typed Competence bonus but show up as Untyped in Tracked Affixes
    • Striding is an enhancement bonus to run speed, although this is not listed in item descriptions, as it does not stack with Haste.

Enhancements
    • It would be useful to look into some cross-affix bonuses showing up on multiple Tracked Affixes, such as:
      • Parrying provides the same Insight bonus to saves as Insightful Resistance/Insightful Reflex etc.
      • The Hit Points Bonus from the Sharn Armours is an enhancement bonus to HP, the same as normal False Life
      • Sheltering Items should cross-fill Physical Sheltering / Magical Sheltering items and the equivalent bonus type

• It would be useful with U45 to be able to enable a check box for feats/enhancements that grant equipment bonus types, such as:
      • Divine Might / Divine Will providing Insight bonuses to Accuracy, Deadly and all Tactics type (Stunning, Shatter, Combat Mastery etc)
      • Blinding Speed providing enhancement bonuses to Melee Alacrity (15), Ranged Alacrity (15), Speed (30) And Striding (32)

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Arlathen; 02-08-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Found another :)
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

This is super exciting. I generated a "ERROR TypeError: Cannot read property 'keys' of undefined" when trying to update the affixes I cared about but I offhand don't know what I did (chrome 80.0.3987.87).

I would encourage you to open this up on github and let the community help. I'm not a front-end type developer but I've dabbled in it, and I'd much rather contribute to this than play around with a similar-idea command-line gear solver type application I'd used for cannithing a bunch of 1..20 gear back in the day.

Community Member

Thanks for the comments. I've posted changes to address a lot of the feedback given here, including some understanding of "combined" affixes, like "Combat Mastery", that actually affect a bunch of other affixes (Stunning, Vertigo, etc).

Also, I decided to make the repo public. If you'd like to contribute or open a bug report, you can find the repo at https://github.com/illusionistpm/ddo-gear-planner. I'm still happy to get input from here, if you don't feel like going through github.

Community Manager

Neat!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

2014 DDO Players Council

I'm happy to take feedback here.
    It would be helpful if Nearly Finished upgraded items were listed for options for tracked affixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    It would be helpful if Nearly Finished upgraded items were listed for options for tracked affixes.
    Huh. They used to show up, but it must've gotten broken. Will fix.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast