Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default DDO Gear Planning Website

New gear planning website: DDO Gear Planner

"Why are my hit points so low?", I asked myself for the 10th time, stepping into a raid and bracing for the shame of being the squishiest guy in the group, again. I've got a Vitality item, Insightful CON +10; I've even switched around my destiny to get some more health. And yet, some ridiculous wizard/sorcerer/peasant split STILL has more life than me.

I did not, as it turned out, actually have my main Enhancement CON item.

Ever wonder if you're getting everything you can out of your gear? Looking for that last point for your Necro DCs?

I've built a website that presents the affixes you care about and helps you pick the right gear for your needs. Check out https://ddo-gear-planner.netlify.com/ and let me know what you think. Mobile friendly!

Want to contribute? Check out the github repo: https://github.com/illusionistpm/ddo-gear-planner

Start by tapping the affixes you're interested in, or typing particular ones into the search box. Your chosen affixes show up at the bottom.

If we're building a melee toon, we might end up with this:

Hit Done and we'll get a list of empty gear slots. Let's tap on Belt and see what we get:

Bronze Dragonscale sounds great. Tap Equip and then add some more gear. As you add more items, you'll see the important affixes are color-coded. Green affixes are applying their bonuses. Orange are overshadowed by something else. Blue affixes are duplicated with something else.

Let's scroll down and see how we're doing:

Not bad. Green here means that we have the maximum available bonus. Orange is "OK" - somewhere in the middle. Red is a very low value. Grey is not present at all. Let's finish off Physical Sheltering by tapping on its Insight button:

There's a list of all the available Insightful Physical Sheltering items. If we had hit the Lock button next to a slot, items in that slot would only be listed at the bottom. We can equip something from the list and see that we're in pretty good shape for that affix and can move on to something else.

That's about it. Give it a try! https://ddo-gear-planner.netlify.com/

Known Issues:
    - Some goofy affixes in the list
    - Need a legend for the color coding
    Last edited by IllusionistPM; 02-17-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionistPM View Post
    - After over a decade without a gear planner, Pfhoenix and I both started one at the same time. Sigh.
    Great minds and all that. =)

Being mobile friendly is a good thing! My gear planner won't be web-based, so there's room in people's toolboxes for both our tools. Is there a way for people to save gear sets with your website?

Community Member

Ha, thanks. Yes, the URL contains all the details of the build, so you can share that. It can get rather long, so I'll probably hook up a shortener or something.

Community Member

Looks pretty solid! I played with putting together a level 10 Ravenloft setup and 15 Sharn setup for my NHB build. It's pretty intuitive. I'll play around with it more this weekend and see if I can break it.

This is super intriguing, I love it! Is there some place where we can submit feedback and report bugs?
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

nice work, thank you

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNoodle View Post
    This is super intriguing, I love it! Is there some place where we can submit feedback and report bugs?
    I'm happy to take feedback here. If there's enough traction, I'll open up the GitHub repo for reports there.

I see that some set bonuses are being added to the site, so I assume development is ongoing and it's a bit overwhelming ATM. When you get a chance, the level filter needs to be adjusted to go to level 32. The new level 31 items are appearing on the site, but you can only add them by searching by name.

Thanks for all your work, this site is so **** useful!
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

Is there any way that the community can help? even if its just editing a csv? This website has been extremely helpful in planning.

Community Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I haven't made time for the site lately, but I am at least still alive! I'll see if I can find some time in the next few weeks for some targeted improvements.

The code is available at https://github.com/illusionistpm/ddo-gear-planner and Pull Requests are welcome.

Community Member

Improvements!
    * More sets are properly recognized
    * Weapons can be equipped to the offhand
    * Added the quiver slot
    * Max level is now based on available gear, instead of being hard-coded to 30
    * Fixed "Inteligence" typo for Nearly Finished

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionistPM View Post
    Improvements!
    * More sets are properly recognized
    * Weapons can be equipped to the offhand
    * Added the quiver slot
    * Max level is now based on available gear, instead of being hard-coded to 30
    * Fixed "Inteligence" typo for Nearly Finished
    Tnx!
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?