Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Any method of filtering out Raid items for those of us who don't raid?
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Some of the traits that are functionally the same (and don't stack) aren't properly registering.

For example: "Sheltering" bonuses (which applies to both Physical and Magical) don't stack with bonuses to just physical or just magical resistance of the same type (enhancement, etc). You might want to separate it, so that instead of it being "Sheltering," the item instead registers them as bonuses to "Physical Resistance" and "Magical Resistance".

Blurry and Lesser Displacement are two buffs of a different name that provide very similar effects, but do not stack with each other. Lesser Displacement supersedes Blurry.

Life-Sealed provides the same effect as Deathblock, but also provides the effect of negative absorption.

The different bonuses to armor class should perhaps be combined into one affix, with the different types being "natural armor," "deflection", etc.

Otherwise, I really love this tool, it's seriously so handy to be able to view all the gear, and pick stuff by slot that has as many traits as possible.

Cheers
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    I just looked at your original post again and realize that the list of affixes on the bottom of the page is supposed to be updating. So I guess this isn't a feature request it's a bug report.
    I think this is fixed now. It could get cranky if the min and max levels were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    It would be helpful if Nearly Finished upgraded items were listed for options for tracked affixes.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Not yet. I don't raid much either so I'd definitely like it. It's just going to be a pain to assemble the data. I can at least display the quest name without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNoodle View Post
    For example: "Sheltering" bonuses (which applies to both Physical and Magical) don't stack with bonuses to just physical or just magical resistance of the same type (enhancement, etc). You might want to separate it, so that instead of it being "Sheltering," the item instead registers them as bonuses to "Physical Resistance" and "Magical Resistance".
    It should be generally doing that. You can still track Sheltering if you want, but it should apply Sheltering to both Physical and Magical Sheltering as well. There are probably more affixes I need to apply this logic to, and there are a couple quirks I need to work out still. I put the rest of your feedback on my to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionistPM View Post

Not yet. I don't raid much either so I'd definitely like it. It's just going to be a pain to assemble the data. I can at least display the quest name without too much trouble.
    Displaying the Quest name would do nicely
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

This is a great tool, many thanks !!

One suggestion -- maybe include an easy button to press to let you open a new blank tab in your browser ?

Bugs I noted:
    Magical Sheltering from Cannith Crafting is listed as Quality
    Cannith Crafting True Seeing is independent of other True Seeings
    Spell Focus and Spell Focus Mastery are listed as separate categories, as is Spell DC's (from the newer sets) which is technically the same
    Slave Lords Spell Focus Mastery is listed as Enhancement and not Equipment like other Spell Focus Mastery
    Ditto for Slave Lords Resistance
    Protection Augment is listed as Enhancement and not Deflection
    Spell Damage from the newer set bonuses is listed independently from things like Combustion, Corrosion, etc.

I assume several of those are the names being taken literally as written, but figured they were worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Seconded

Default Filters for Weapons and Armor Types

Just a thought I had while I using the site to create a wishlist for my hardcore character: it could be really handy if we could filter the weapon/offhand and armor categories based on type. For example, it would be great if I could look at the offhand possibilities, and filter it to just "Orbs," since as a caster, shields are going to be more obtrusive than helpful, no matter the affixes they have.

It's the same thing with armor. If I'm designing stuff for a warforged, then looking at all this platemail and robes is just something I have to sort through. As a fleshy warlock, I could benefit from Robes OR Light Armor, but I still have to sift through the defensive plate mail.

Also, I'm a self-taught programmer, just started getting my certification in uni, and I'd love to help in any way I can, so if there's anything I can do in the database to help better categorize stuff, don't hesitate to let me know.

My discord is Spooky Noodle#1335
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member

This is fantastic. I was using it to go over my lvl 30 Sorc's gear set to see where I could make some improvements (needs more CHA and I could use a few DCs) but couldn't add my Legendary Green Steel Weave Gloves. The only option that popped up was heroic green steel.

Is this missing or did I not see the option? That is where I get much of my fire crit damage.

Again - great work!
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Community Member

+1 to op and his work.. at first glance I thought it was useless, then I realized it was me that was useless!

Default Offhand weapons?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but can't set Morninglord's Sceptre as offhand item.
    Offhand item list only contains orbs, shields and rune arms, but not weapons.
    I think, offhand item list should contain orbs, shields, rune arms + one-handed (non thrown) weapons.

Community Member

I pushed a small update yesterday, picking up the latest data from the wiki, as well as displaying the quest name for each item and adding a Raid item filter. I addressed maybe half of the feedback, with the rest on the to-do list. Thanks for using the site!

+1 for this planner. I used it quiet often this life. Thanks so much for building this.

I don't know if you got another project in the tube but how about a similiar thing for feats and enhancements? I would love to plan a character in a similiar way. I am pretty sure it would be way more complicated though.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Anyone else having trouble with this great tool lately? It just freezes and stops responding frequently. I tried different browsers and two computers.

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

I've also been having issues with the site. Often when I click on an item slot to see suggestions the site just freezes, can't click anything on it or scroll down. A refresh fixes the page but I still can't click on the item slots.

Community Member

great app. thanks

Hero

Is there a way to filter results by:

* Weapon type? For example, with the Ranged keyword I don't care about anything that isn't a throwing dagger.
    * Armor type? For example, I only want to look at light armor options if I'm playing a class with Evasion.
    * Set bonus? For example, when I'm ranged I only care about gear that's part of the Wallwatch set. I tried to enter "Wallwatch" as a keyword, but it wouldn't accept the input.

Is there a changelog somewhere? Something that shows when bugs have been quashed, improvements have been made, gear has been updated -- that sort of thing. Also, heads up: U48 loot list is finalized.

Any plans to allow players to rank rate the various keywords, and then automatically choose gear based on the ranking? For example, I care about Seeker but only if other attributes like Deadly, Deception and a minor artifact have already been incorporated into the gear set.

Any plans to export the gearset in a way that could be imported into the DDO Character Planner?
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. I've been MIA for a while but expect to have some time next week to address at least the crash/freeze and push the latest gear list. I'll post here when that's done.

Community Member

Things I noticed missing under Augments. Deconstructor, Diamond of Intelligence +11, Spellcraft +19, Spell Agility +15%. If I have missed any of these items that are already in the list I am sorry. I tried to look many times before posting.
    Sarlona. Main is Kymberly alts Offo, TwoTusk and some bank toons

Community Member

Default Some Extra Bugs that I have noticed

First off I would like to thank you for the good work and comment on how useful it has been for me in assisting to find the gear I need for my chars.

I would like to note a bug (or a misconception I have) regarding spell focus/spell focus mastery. The Cannith Crafted trinket or helm is listed as quality bonus (which if you selected it and have any other school as affix it will also list it under any other selected school tracked). Can someone conform that the cannith crafted items spell focus mastery are equipment bonus and not quality. If that's the case can we please fix it so as to avoid any misconceptions?

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalterDBZ View Post
    Bugs I noted:
    Magical Sheltering from Cannith Crafting is listed as Quality
    Cannith Crafting True Seeing is independent of other True Seeings
    Spell Focus and Spell Focus Mastery are listed as separate categories, as is Spell DC's (from the newer sets) which is technically the same
    Slave Lords Spell Focus Mastery is listed as Enhancement and not Equipment like other Spell Focus Mastery
    Ditto for Slave Lords Resistance
    Protection Augment is listed as Enhancement and not Deflection
    Spell Damage from the newer set bonuses is listed independently from things like Combustion, Corrosion, etc.

I assume several of those are the names being taken literally as written, but figured they were worth noting.

Seconded

Community Member

Pushed a small-but-important update today:
    * Feywild gear now included (although the new set bonuses are still missing)
    * Clicking on a slot opens the gear list much, much faster

Next on the list is automating updates of the gear database, so it won't lag so far behind the next time I go AWOL (at least, as long as the wiki format stays as expected).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast