Thread: Chat server.

Default Chat server.

Am I the only one who has been getting a "The chat server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again shortly." message? It has been happening since last night. I did get a tell at one point and was able to reply but other than that I have no chat.
    My Main is a 19th life Scoundrel Bard Friertuck

AKA LitleJohn 2nd life wiz, Starsfan 2nd life Barbarian and Thrasiuus Epic Pally 1st life and a few iconics.

Community Member

No, I have been getting it for some time now. Now party chat, no in-game voice but /say and tells work. really odd. I get lost of crashes too.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRunner View Post
    Am I the only one who has been getting a "The chat server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again shortly." message? It has been happening since last night. I did get a tell at one point and was able to reply but other than that I have no chat.
    I started getting the same error message when I log into the game and when "enable voice chat" is selected. This first happened five days ago and eventually fixed itself after about thirty minutes. It seemed to progressively worsen. Have been unable to see any guild, party, or fellowship tells; only receive texts if directly sending or receiving a text from another player. My microphone worked until yesterday.

In game support ticket response. I was told this is a technical issue and given a link to tech support through web browser. Fixes included port forwarding to allow DDO through my firewall. After allowing the ports the issue was unresolved. Completely turned off firewall, issue unresolved. Have not been able to group for a few days. Frustrating.

?
    Searching the soul. ?
    #searchsoul

Updated.

Logged onto alternate server without a problem. All chat channels were open, no error messages.

I now believe this somehow relates to the transferring characters bug, or why its being temporarily halted. I had to move a character from one server onto my main server. The character I moved is not flagged as vip, even though I am, only has limited access to Ebberon, while all other characters on main server are able to transport into forgotten realms, etc. The only real difference between the account that's bugged and the one that is not is the bugged account has the transferred character and non bugged account does not.

Will update tech support ticket.

?
    Searching the soul. ?
    #searchsoul

Final Update: Resolved

After the game launcher loads, need to select "repair" from the drop down options box. After completion, find "UserPrefrences.ini" file located on hard drive, within the DDO folder. Re-name it to "OldUserPrefrences.ini" Re-boot game. The EULA should appear again. Accept. Fixed.

?
    Searching the soul. ?
    #searchsoul